December 21, 2014 | 1694 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by marjetic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use the moisturising version of this foundation and bought the oil-free as it's such a good price atm:)

I wouldn't buy this again, but I'm not sure that this is fair because I have a very dry skin and don't think this is meant for dry skin at all. My skin flaked immediately and it looked kind of chalky.

You might want to try this if your skin is normal to oily though. The compact looks great, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm glad I read these reviews or I would never have known there was a sponge in this compact!
I have melasma (skin discoloration) that's really hard to cover up. I also have very yellow-toned fair skin that is hard to match. Went to BB after trying many other foundations and not being satisfied. I was seeking medium-to-full coverage that would work for summer.
I'm not sure how well this will hold up in the raging heat of summer. For now (warm spring) I like it a lot. I was very skeptical of the product as it looked incredibly heavy and greasy. At first, it felt much heavier than I was used to. It takes some time to get the hang of application. My SA used a foundation brush and you use a lot less product that way. You can also build up the coverage for areas that need it.
The SA told me to set it with powder or (in the summer) a light dust of bronzing powder. Although it's one step more than I would like, this seems to work well. It's not smudgeproof or anything, but it's no worse than any other foundation in terms of staying power.
I like the neat compact, although I wish it were a bit smaller for portability. I also wish you got more product - I'm guessing this will last about 5 months or so.
What I'm most impressed by with this product is how natural it looks. Even when I feel like I have literally spackled it on, I will ask my friends (who are brutally honest) and they will say it looks NATURAL. It does not totally cover my melasma, but it does the best job I've found so far. I also think that this product will be even better in the fall/winter when heat is less of a concern.
I can see why people don't like this product. If I was one of those lucky girls that could just swipe on some tinted moisturizer, I would never buy this. However, -with my "special needs" skin, this product is worth the extra effort (foundation brush, powder) it requires to make it work.
EDIT: This has even less product that I thought - after one month, I've hit pan! I'm going to be lucky if it lasts through the summer. :-(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the price, I don't find this product worth $55 CAD. It's okay, but not fantastic.

PROS:
-Good coverage
-Great colour selection (matches skin nicely - I'm a 4)
-Makes skin look even and flawless

CONS:
-Feels quite heavy: it's a thick, creamy foundation. Feels like it would slide off in hotter weather
-There's a TEENSY amount in the compact. For $55, that's not enough to justify buying this again
-"Dewiness" is okay; still makes me look a bit greasy.

Overall, I would still stick with my Revlon Colorstay 240. It's $20 and lasts me 3 months or more (using it every day). The coverage is great, the finish is matte, and it stays on virtually all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by StLCards

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in spite of the mediocre (at best) reviews. I'm 49 and a recovering oily skinned girl. I've used BB stick foundation over one of the BB tined moisturizers since last summer, but wanted to try this too.

Cool biege is a good color match for me, as it is in the stick foundation. I found that my first couple of applications of this weren't quite right. First, if I use the sponge provided and "swipe" it on...it's definitely too heavy. Since I've started applying with a beauty blender sponge, stippleing it over my tinted moisturizer (my usual "base" instead of primer) it gives both great and buildable coverage but also doesn't look too heavy. Second, I have to be well exfoliated. I am generally still oily (but not as bad as I used to be!) I do occasionally have a dry patch. If I don't exfoliate well, this can accentuate the area. But if I exfoliate first, then this applies very smoothly with the application method I described.

Overall, this is a great product. I don't understand the negative reviews...but nothing works for everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin with some flaking on the surface.This was a perfect color match and coverage, and I love the powdery finish. However, my T zone did become shiny within a half hour and felt slightly heavy. It doesn't seem to oxidize which I love. It is extremely expensive for the amount you get and although it is portable, it is an abnormally large compact.
Edit: I have some dry patches on the surface of my skin even though I am oily. This foundation clung to all the flakes and emphasized how rough my skin was...and ended up wiping off on everything my face toutched...my phone, my friend's shirt, my hands...I ended up returning.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by rp507

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

lets start off with i love this product..(in honey) .it has an excellent coverage.. its staying power is good..i love the yellow undertone that it has...it leaves my skin looking flawless..its coverage is so well that it hides all the discoloration and imperfections on my skin.. without much concealer... this will be my future go to fondation!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by krisiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a disappointment for me. I must admit that the color much is near to perfect (I bought warm ivory). It covers quite well in the beginning, but after ten minutes it sticks in my pores and fine lines. Overall I think it could work nice for people with flawless skin, but it is not right for people with large pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by youloveallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm well I never wear foundations... but i heard a lot of reviews and i decided to give this a try! I got this because my pimples were starting to fade (leaving scars) and I NEVER had bad skin before. So after getting my pimples, i was ooberly shocked -_-' ahha and yeah well i tried it and its good! I'm asian so it matches my yellow skin tone!! mm... I use the laurra mercier primer.. and its alright i guess, my nose is still kind of dry.. and yeah i think that beginners should get this!! I wonder if i will break out more though.. :0

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by mayer2816

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a huge disappointment for me, bought this at Sephora in Champs-Élysées for 40€ and I don't like it at all. I was in a hurry when I bought this and maybe it's my fault, but it was so crowded inside :( so I bought the Warm Natural. I tried the Natural color in Myer Australia but it was too light one me (damn dept store tricky lighting!) but I didn't buy it back then. So I bought it in France because my parents were paying :D, I was so excited, but I was disappointed when the color is too dark and orange for me, I couldn't return it since I don't speak french and the SA don't speak much English either. The packaging is nice like all other BB products, the price tag is sky high, the color was obviously not for me. So now my mom's wearing it, it matches her skin tone better apparently. I give 2 stars since I love the texture. I feels like Max Factor Miracle Touch, it feels creamy but when you blend it, it turns velvety/powdery. Sadly that only happens on my fingertips, not on the face. I just kinda sits there and looks fake. I prefer the stick foundation to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by aznhoney

EDIT 3/3/10: Sadly, this is not my HG. I noticed that if my skin has been pretty good, this looks and applies really well. But if I break out and have a bit of dryness, this accentuates that and it gets very hard to blend in that area. Minor flaw but I will continue to repurchase.
********
I wanted to try Bobbi Brown foundations just because it was recommended as one with the most yellow tones. It's been really hard for me to find the right matching foundation because of my yellow undertone. I've tried everything from chanel to mac to drugstore brands (i'm still willing to try Dior). but so far, this has given me the most radiant but matching finish. Mac did match me fairly well and for the longest time I thought it was the best that I was going to get. but after trying this, my face looked more radiant and just brighter (something that Mac has not done for me so far). I thought of getting the liquid foundation but after trying this, I couldn't really seem to notice the difference between the two so i opted to try this just for the sake of it. I'm still planning to go back and go back and buy the liquid one of these days but we'll see.... For right now, I think I just may have found my HG. I don't mind forking out the money for the finish it's giving me =)