Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

OUCH, this STINGS! Lately I've been in search of a great eye cream, so after checking with MUA, I decided to give this a try. I wasn't too taken back by the price and figured if it didn't work I'd return. Well, I applied it and noticed my skin began to feel tight and it stung a bit. Same feeling three days later! This is def going back to the store.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this stuff! I recieved the radiance kit as a gift and have been using the day and night cream as well as this eye creme. I just love it! I'm 19 years old, and am taking preventative measures to keep my skin hydrated to prevent wrinkles. This definitely works for me. It makes the skin around my eyes soft and tight. The mica in it does make the area slightly lighter and shinier than it would otherwise be and I believe that is the 'radiance' the product is referring to. People are suggesting that the product doesn't 'work.' It doesn't claim to take away wrinkles or make you appear younger...Just to moisturize and add radiance, which I believe it does.

another burt's bees product that doesn't do much for me. it moisturizes but it doesn't help with dark circles or puffiness. it smells nice. it has way too much mica powder in it, which is very shimmery. makes your eye area shimmery and white. i only used it at night for this reason. kind of a bummer, because i really wanted to love this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I REALLY enjoy this product...I got it on a whim...I really like to see what people have to say on MUA but whose better judge than yourself...for something for you of course ...well anyway.I have been using this for 2 weeks and I have seriously seen a drastic change..I'm a young mother of 4 children one a newborn so my sleeping is off but you would never know...it has moisturized my under-eye area and reall has radiated it....I will def be using this product more and more...worth 17bucks!~

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a much thinner product than the Royal Jelly eye creme. I use it at night and I really see a difference in my eye area in the mornings after I remember to use it! My eyes look less baggy, brighter, the dark circles are less pronounced. It's also very moisturizing so it plumps up my fine lines. I def. look more awake and refreshed when I use this, so I'll keep it up!
One lippie off because it smells stronger than I'd like for something I'm rubbing into such a delicate area, but it's a nice smell. My SO even remarked that he liked it when I came to bed, so, guy friendly?

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cream to try to reduce some of the puffiness I have in the morning. I really like the smell and it glides on very nicely. It really helps with the puffiness and gives you a light glow around your eyes the morning after you use it. I always use it at night and always have good results when I wake up. Great product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

absolutely no improvement in my eye area...not worth the 17 bucks

I was able to get this for seven dollars on eBay, I think in stores it's 17 or a little less, but not by that much. It's the fourth eye cream I've used over the years. I used Mary Kay for awhile, but I saw no difference. Three years ago I used Lancome which was nice, but way too pricey for my lifestyle. And, I used some L'Oreal eye cream that burned. I've been trying to go natural and animal friendly, and this is AMAZING. The texture is creamy, and the smell is nice, a little goes a long way. My under eye area has improved a lot too. My eye make up just glides on, and it's so moisturized and brightened, I can't believe it. This will be a big part in my future routines (I'll buy again)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I picked up this eye cream because I've been trying to switch to an all-natural beauty regimen, and this product is "98.2% natural" and features "royal jelly" (exotic, right?). This was one of my starter products and also the first eye cream I've purchased. I've had it for about two years and I still have about 1/4 of the product remaining. It's expensive but it lasts for a while.

On occasion, I've tried mini-samples of Lancome creams and lotions that my mom has given to me. I would never put such harsh products near my eye-area again. This soothing creams trumps those by far.

My skin is pretty difficult; I have acne-prone skin that is sensitive in some areas (such as around the eyes) and dry in others. This eye cream was hydrating and NEVER irritating. I haven't had a problem with milia, or any bumps under my eyes. While it hasn't had any great lightening effect on my dark circles, it temporarily brightens up the area a tiny bit when you apply it because of the way it reflects light. I don't have puffiness or swelling (just very dark circles) so I can't comment on that.

It also goes nicely under concealer. I use it every day in the morning and somewhat regularly at night, when I remember to apply it.

I don't find it greasy at all, but I also have dry skin. The label says to pat it on but I gently rub it in (oops).

I think the smell is pleasant, but it's definitely not a commercial smell that most people prefer (it has that "natural-product" scent). However, I really wish this product didn't contain added fragrance. I like my products to be unscented.

In sum, it's just okay. I haven't sampled enough eye creams to really compare it to others but it seems like a decent product. I'm happy to continue using it until it runs out but I don't think it delivers on a lot of its claims. I probably wouldn't purchase it again because I'd want to try to find a more effective eye cream. If the search fails, then perhaps I'm not giving this cream enough credit?

Pros: hydrating; non-irritating; good moisturizer base for concealer; brightens a tiny bit; mostly natural

Cons: added fragrance; not sure how effective it is in improving appearance of under eye area.

First off this product is quite expensive. Second, I didn't notice a thing different after using this product for 2 months straight applying morning and night! I was not happy with any of the Burt's Bees products except there lip balm line.
I definately will not purchase this product or any of the Burt's Bees skincare again.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)