July 24, 2014 | 1945 users online

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lucrecia87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

absolutely no improvement in my eye area...not worth the 17 bucks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I was able to get this for seven dollars on eBay, I think in stores it's 17 or a little less, but not by that much. It's the fourth eye cream I've used over the years. I used Mary Kay for awhile, but I saw no difference. Three years ago I used Lancome which was nice, but way too pricey for my lifestyle. And, I used some L'Oreal eye cream that burned. I've been trying to go natural and animal friendly, and this is AMAZING. The texture is creamy, and the smell is nice, a little goes a long way. My under eye area has improved a lot too. My eye make up just glides on, and it's so moisturized and brightened, I can't believe it. This will be a big part in my future routines (I'll buy again)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by gogobardot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I picked up this eye cream because I've been trying to switch to an all-natural beauty regimen, and this product is "98.2% natural" and features "royal jelly" (exotic, right?). This was one of my starter products and also the first eye cream I've purchased. I've had it for about two years and I still have about 1/4 of the product remaining. It's expensive but it lasts for a while.

On occasion, I've tried mini-samples of Lancome creams and lotions that my mom has given to me. I would never put such harsh products near my eye-area again. This soothing creams trumps those by far.

My skin is pretty difficult; I have acne-prone skin that is sensitive in some areas (such as around the eyes) and dry in others. This eye cream was hydrating and NEVER irritating. I haven't had a problem with milia, or any bumps under my eyes. While it hasn't had any great lightening effect on my dark circles, it temporarily brightens up the area a tiny bit when you apply it because of the way it reflects light. I don't have puffiness or swelling (just very dark circles) so I can't comment on that.

It also goes nicely under concealer. I use it every day in the morning and somewhat regularly at night, when I remember to apply it.

I don't find it greasy at all, but I also have dry skin. The label says to pat it on but I gently rub it in (oops).

I think the smell is pleasant, but it's definitely not a commercial smell that most people prefer (it has that "natural-product" scent). However, I really wish this product didn't contain added fragrance. I like my products to be unscented.

In sum, it's just okay. I haven't sampled enough eye creams to really compare it to others but it seems like a decent product. I'm happy to continue using it until it runs out but I don't think it delivers on a lot of its claims. I probably wouldn't purchase it again because I'd want to try to find a more effective eye cream. If the search fails, then perhaps I'm not giving this cream enough credit?

Pros: hydrating; non-irritating; good moisturizer base for concealer; brightens a tiny bit; mostly natural

Cons: added fragrance; not sure how effective it is in improving appearance of under eye area.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by missy885

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off this product is quite expensive. Second, I didn't notice a thing different after using this product for 2 months straight applying morning and night! I was not happy with any of the Burt's Bees products except there lip balm line.
I definately will not purchase this product or any of the Burt's Bees skincare again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Fab eye cream. I bought this to wear under makeup. It works very well and my concealer glides smoothly over it. I apply a very thin layer and I wait a couple of minutes for it to completely absorb before putting anything over it. I've been using it for awhile now and I really like it. If I look tired in the morning, this helps wake my eyes up. Always apply a thin layer, very little goes a long way. So the little jar will last a long time. The scent doesn't bother me at all, I like it actually. Mmmhmmm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a greasy, heavy eye cream. I only use it at night now because a) it's kind of smelly and b) the time I used it during the day I had black road tracks under my eyes (from my mascara) where my fine lines are! This looked really bad. I think it does a good job moisturizing, because it lasts all day or all night. However, nada on the dark circles or puffiness. I will keep searching for my HG eye cream. On the bright side it was natural, which was good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've found that I don't actively dislike, which is sad, because I really want to like the brand. I love that they make natural products, but that said, I don't think that a brand is superior based on intentions. Their products have to follow through.

This eye cream moisturizes reasonably effectively, which is what I bought it for, so I'm giving it 3 lippies. It doesn't give me milia, or any other immediate ill effects, so no major negatives. Beyond that, there's nothing great to say. It's a little sticky, and if I apply too much, it leaves a weird shimmery residue. It does not help with lines, dark circles, or puffiness as it claims to.

I guess it's on with the hunt for a great eye cream for me. *sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

This product is so-so.It didn't work wonders for me but it also didn't irritate me either.It slightly brightened but doesn't do enough for the dark circles and puffiness I am experiencing during pregnancy.I try to keep some of my face products in the fridge and this does work better when it's cold(for obvious reasons). I did my frozen peppermint tea bags over my eyes the other day and noticed more of a difference.Sorry B.B.s but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Chirper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second eye cream I bought for the main purpose of lightening my somewhat dark under eye circles. The first cream i bought was the excessively expensive Hylexin (going for about $95?) which did nothing for me so I felt. This one is tons more cheaper and I felt this had better lightening results in addition to being hydrating, which Hylexin definitely wasn't. BB's eye cream doesn't do wonders, but i felt it did make my under eye circles appear slightly lighter, it looked like it slightly tightened the skin around my eyes, it depuffed any eye bags i get when i wake up, and while I don't think it removes fine lines it does seem to make them less noticeable and possibly smaller while the cream is on. The cream feels a little thick going on and takes a little bit of rubbing in to absorb. I absolutely love the smell of this cream and if Royal Jelly really smells like this I bet I'd love it in my tea. However, I can see it being overwhelmingly sweet smelling for some people. Not candy sweet but maybe a very heavy floral with honey scent?
I've been using this twice a day for a couple of months and I only need to use a very small amount to coat under and on top of my eye area that I see this tiny tiny bottle lasting nearly a year for me. (Keep in mind though, that I'm not using this for it's hydrating purposes so I don't use that much of it every time.) I'd rather see this product in a tube rather than a small glass jar as it'd be more sanitary but otherwise I'm satisfied with this product for now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I've never tried this, but yesterday as customer was asking me if I ever tried it/heard anything good feedback on it. I had no clue, but I told her I would read the ingredients. All I have to say it has Kaolin in it which is def something I wouldn't want around my eye area..Kaolin is a clay and drying ingredient that helps with oililess and dry up acne faster...so why would they put that in an eye cream? That explains why some of these reviewers are complaining about itchiness/irritation. No thanks, I'll stick to my prestigious skincare brands that have better, clinical grade ingredients..