November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a much thinner product than the Royal Jelly eye creme. I use it at night and I really see a difference in my eye area in the mornings after I remember to use it! My eyes look less baggy, brighter, the dark circles are less pronounced. It's also very moisturizing so it plumps up my fine lines. I def. look more awake and refreshed when I use this, so I'll keep it up!
One lippie off because it smells stronger than I'd like for something I'm rubbing into such a delicate area, but it's a nice smell. My SO even remarked that he liked it when I came to bed, so, guy friendly?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by victorium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream to try to reduce some of the puffiness I have in the morning. I really like the smell and it glides on very nicely. It really helps with the puffiness and gives you a light glow around your eyes the morning after you use it. I always use it at night and always have good results when I wake up. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lucrecia87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

absolutely no improvement in my eye area...not worth the 17 bucks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I was able to get this for seven dollars on eBay, I think in stores it's 17 or a little less, but not by that much. It's the fourth eye cream I've used over the years. I used Mary Kay for awhile, but I saw no difference. Three years ago I used Lancome which was nice, but way too pricey for my lifestyle. And, I used some L'Oreal eye cream that burned. I've been trying to go natural and animal friendly, and this is AMAZING. The texture is creamy, and the smell is nice, a little goes a long way. My under eye area has improved a lot too. My eye make up just glides on, and it's so moisturized and brightened, I can't believe it. This will be a big part in my future routines (I'll buy again)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by gogobardot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I picked up this eye cream because I've been trying to switch to an all-natural beauty regimen, and this product is "98.2% natural" and features "royal jelly" (exotic, right?). This was one of my starter products and also the first eye cream I've purchased. I've had it for about two years and I still have about 1/4 of the product remaining. It's expensive but it lasts for a while.

On occasion, I've tried mini-samples of Lancome creams and lotions that my mom has given to me. I would never put such harsh products near my eye-area again. This soothing creams trumps those by far.

My skin is pretty difficult; I have acne-prone skin that is sensitive in some areas (such as around the eyes) and dry in others. This eye cream was hydrating and NEVER irritating. I haven't had a problem with milia, or any bumps under my eyes. While it hasn't had any great lightening effect on my dark circles, it temporarily brightens up the area a tiny bit when you apply it because of the way it reflects light. I don't have puffiness or swelling (just very dark circles) so I can't comment on that.

It also goes nicely under concealer. I use it every day in the morning and somewhat regularly at night, when I remember to apply it.

I don't find it greasy at all, but I also have dry skin. The label says to pat it on but I gently rub it in (oops).

I think the smell is pleasant, but it's definitely not a commercial smell that most people prefer (it has that "natural-product" scent). However, I really wish this product didn't contain added fragrance. I like my products to be unscented.

In sum, it's just okay. I haven't sampled enough eye creams to really compare it to others but it seems like a decent product. I'm happy to continue using it until it runs out but I don't think it delivers on a lot of its claims. I probably wouldn't purchase it again because I'd want to try to find a more effective eye cream. If the search fails, then perhaps I'm not giving this cream enough credit?

Pros: hydrating; non-irritating; good moisturizer base for concealer; brightens a tiny bit; mostly natural

Cons: added fragrance; not sure how effective it is in improving appearance of under eye area.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by missy885

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off this product is quite expensive. Second, I didn't notice a thing different after using this product for 2 months straight applying morning and night! I was not happy with any of the Burt's Bees products except there lip balm line.
I definately will not purchase this product or any of the Burt's Bees skincare again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

Fab eye cream. I bought this to wear under makeup. It works very well and my concealer glides smoothly over it. I apply a very thin layer and I wait a couple of minutes for it to completely absorb before putting anything over it. I've been using it for awhile now and I really like it. If I look tired in the morning, this helps wake my eyes up. Always apply a thin layer, very little goes a long way. So the little jar will last a long time. The scent doesn't bother me at all, I like it actually. Mmmhmmm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a greasy, heavy eye cream. I only use it at night now because a) it's kind of smelly and b) the time I used it during the day I had black road tracks under my eyes (from my mascara) where my fine lines are! This looked really bad. I think it does a good job moisturizing, because it lasts all day or all night. However, nada on the dark circles or puffiness. I will keep searching for my HG eye cream. On the bright side it was natural, which was good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've found that I don't actively dislike, which is sad, because I really want to like the brand. I love that they make natural products, but that said, I don't think that a brand is superior based on intentions. Their products have to follow through.

This eye cream moisturizes reasonably effectively, which is what I bought it for, so I'm giving it 3 lippies. It doesn't give me milia, or any other immediate ill effects, so no major negatives. Beyond that, there's nothing great to say. It's a little sticky, and if I apply too much, it leaves a weird shimmery residue. It does not help with lines, dark circles, or puffiness as it claims to.

I guess it's on with the hunt for a great eye cream for me. *sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

This product is so-so.It didn't work wonders for me but it also didn't irritate me either.It slightly brightened but doesn't do enough for the dark circles and puffiness I am experiencing during pregnancy.I try to keep some of my face products in the fridge and this does work better when it's cold(for obvious reasons). I did my frozen peppermint tea bags over my eyes the other day and noticed more of a difference.Sorry B.B.s but I will not repurchase.