Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's the best mascara I've ever tried and I will buy it as long as I can afford it.

on 9/16/2010 12:39:00 PM

"inimitable noir obscur" made in France is possibly the best mascara i've tried in the past year.

only a sample though.
i was never one to pay over $20 for mascara.
the brush is very unique and does everything it promises -volume,length,curl and separation (for me the only one that didn't apply was curl)
people asked me if i was wearing fake lashes! that's a first.

only thing i want to comment on was that my tube dried out fast! within a month.
now, i dont know if i just got a tube with a bad top, or if letting air in and out w/ every time i opened it did the trick?(im not someone who pumps the wand in and out btw)
but im not about to lay down so much cash for something that will last me less then a month.

other then that, if i had the money to spend every month i would make this my HG no problem!

on 9/10/2010 11:12:00 AM

I really like this mascara because it lengthens and thickens my lashes just enough without looking like I've got too much mascara on.

I avoid putting mascara on my bottom lashes because it always looks clumpy and fake. However, I can do it with this one and it looks natural and brings out my eyes a bit.

I have other mascaras in my makeup bag, but this is the only mascara I want to use.

The only con is that it's not waterproof. I'd definitely buy this again and will consider the waterproof version when I run out.

on 8/23/2010 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I am surprised that there are so many negative reviews! I have tried so many mascaras (must have cost me a bomb), but this is the best one by far - gives great length and volume and really 'opens the eyes', I am delighted with it. I bit expensive, but worth it

on 8/15/2010 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nothing special. Lancomee, L'oreal and even Maybelen gives the same and better effects.

on 8/13/2010 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a splurge for a mascara, but it is certainly provides your lashes with drama, volume, and length but for 30 dollars , there are close drugstore com parables if you arent looking to spend the money. I heard the falsies by maybelliene which I will try and test out next, is similar, voluminous by loreal and even lash blast by Covergirl the original in the orange tube, can provide that false lash effect, best advice is to stop by the Chanel counter and try it out, and see if you can live without it.

on 8/12/2010 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara. It was once a HG a long time ago, then I moved onto something else, and just got a sample of this from Chanel.

It leaves my lashes looking longer, and seperates them well, but doesn't give you that spider leg look, which I hate!!

I dont really know about thickness and volume, I guess they look a little thicker, but not extremely so.

The price isn't TOO bad, consider I paid like 23 for GA Eyes to kill.

Also, the packaging, it just pulls out, no unscrewing, is this on full sized items too? Or just the samples?! :)

on 8/12/2010 6:35:00 AM

I love this packaging SO MUCH. I get excited when I take it out of my makeup bag, which is probably why I use it more than the quality of the product merits!

I like this mascara for about the first two hours. A natural-looking full black. Separates and defines my lashes (not dramatically but good enough to look "done" and good for work). A dream of a brush, easy to hold and a lovely size and good quality bristles. But that's where the honeymoon ends I'm afraid. It just disappears. Where does it go? No panda eyes, no flaking, so what happens??? Does it just dissolve? My lashes end up looking next to naked! I have to reapply at least 3 times per day, and I'm sorry Chanel because I want to love this but if I'm going to drop over 20 quid on a mascara I want lasting power. I even bought a second tube just in case the first one was faulty!

on 8/10/2010 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pro: Very very dark black. It didn't clump or smudge on me. I did see little flakes when I removed it, but I never noticed any flaking on my face while wearing it.

Con: It didn't do much for my lashes except darken them. I didn't notice any thickening or lengthening effects. If I had, this would have been a superb product, because the super-black color is impressive. But it's not enough on its own, to make me want to pay a Chanel price for it.
The brush is fine; it's a rubber-bristle brush. Reminds me of that Cover Girl mascara in the orange tube.

BTW, I got this as a sample. I don't know what it is about Chanel's mascara samples, but both times I've received one, they've been somewhat dried out and good for only 2-3 uses. They definitely need to improve either the packaging or the product, because the condition of the samples makes me very hesitant to splurge on a full-size.

on 7/31/2010 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is one of the worst purchases I have ever made.

This mascara was incredibly expensive and was terrible in quality. It was not buildable at all, and horribly clumpy. My lashes looked horrible. I made myself use it for one whole week, just to see if it got better with a more skilled application, but it did not. This mascara was not even close to worth the money spent on it. If you have naturally long lashes and want a natural look, this might work for you. It would probably be okay for those single-coat-and-go gals who are okay with a super natural look and don't desire more than one coat of mascara. For the rest of us, sadly, this is garbage. Fiberwig remains my HG mascara.