Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

on 1/24/2010 7:30:00 AM

it dried up in <2 months! Not worth the $22. rather stay with fluidline

on 1/21/2010 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is your typical gel eyeliner. My only gripe is the pot it comes in is smaller and seems to dryout faster than other gel liners,

on 1/11/2010 3:46:00 AM

amazing stuff! I use this every day on my waterline and it lasts all day! i dip my Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero in the jet set liner instead of using a brush and it stays put and so far..mine has no signs of drying out and ive had it about 3 or 4 months! will definately be buying more when i run out!!

This was the first gel-like eyeliner I bought and really like it.
I use it on my waterline and find that it lasts all day long but, at the end of the day I can remove it without effort.
True black and good pigmentation.

on 10/19/2009 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product on my waterline almost everyday for over a year. I just bought a new one because it is drying out. The color is very pigmented and it stays on my waterline all day long!!! It gives a very dramatic, dark, sharp line. I love the look this product gives my eyes. I can't believe this is not liked better! It is my favorite liner for my waterline ever! The only super dark one that stay put I have come across. HG status!!

on 9/25/2009 11:05:00 PM

I just purchased this liner yesterday in midnight black, so I've only used it once. So far, this liner is the best I've tried! I'ved tried everything from MAC's fluidline/technakohl/kohl liners, Urban Decay's 24/7, Bourjois contour clubbing, and so many drugstore brands. Everything would smear/smudge on me within 2 hours. I have a long day - no time to touch up or pay attention to my makeup to see if it's smeared. It's no fun looking in the mirror on your lunch break and seeing raccoon eyes!! When I first applied this liner, I could tell the formula was way different than any liner I've tried. It's not as creamy as the fluidline, but definitely is as intense. In my opinion, the creamier the liner, the less staying power it has. But, there are some negative things, too. This liner cost me about $23 at Ulta. The container is smaller than fluidline or L'Oreal HIP cream liners. But, considering you don't need to use a lot, it will last a while. You also need to apply this with a brush, so it take a little more time to apply this than pencil liners, which may not be the best if you rush around in the mornings. Overall, I love this liner! I will definitely repurchase, as well as buy more in different colors! This product definitely will allow me to check out other products from Smashbox, since the quality seems to be much better than MAC's. Highly recommend!

on 9/4/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I can't believe that this product only has a 3.4 rating and a 50% 'buy again' rate!! This is the BEST eyeliner that I've ever tried. EVER.

Black liners are best friends. 95% of the year, I use black eyeliner. I mean, who doesn't love a black-lined eye to finish a look? I have used many waterproof liners before. I'd apply around my makeup around 8:00 or 9:00 a.m., and every day, around 4 or 5 p.m., I'd see a curve of black underneath both eyes. I used to think that it was from my mascaras, but after I bought this liner, I realized -- it was from my liners!

This liner stays vibrantly black ALL DAY. You never have to re-apply it. It doesn't fade or come off. The formula is creamy, and I really like how easily it glides on your eyelids.

Words of advice: After you take the open the product from pot to apply the formula, close the pot -- even between eyes, and even it it's just going to be for a minute. Since it's waterproof, if you leave the cap open, the formula will dry out. Also, wash your brush right after you apply this liner. It will make your brush completely stiff if you don't wash it and if you let it dry on the brush. I did this by accident once, and the next day, I stuck the brush into the liner pot, and it peirced through the product. The brush was completely hard. I was able to clean it, and it wasn't permanent, but it slightly ruined my liner pot.

This works great for me, as it stays on all day, doesn't fall out, doesn't smudge or budge, and stays vibrant. Mind you, I don't ever line my waterline, so I can't tell you how it performs there. I don't look good with under-eye liner.

I would definitely recommend this liner, and I would definitely re-purchase!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This liner is pretty nice. I use it on my waterline and have noticed it "wash away" soon after application, but I have found that if you hold your eyelid down and away from your eyeball right after applying to the waterline and let the air dry it a bit before letting go, it stays put longer. I apply it with Sonia Kashuk's bent eyeliner brush. I've had it for 5 months now and still no dry out.

on 8/23/2009 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I loved the dark pigment of this liner and the staying power. I could apply this in the morning and it would stay perfect until I removed it at night. I am very disappointed with the product overall because it dried out in two months. I made sure that I closed it tight after each use and it still dried out. The eye liner than became rough and flaky, the flakes would irritate my contact lenses.

I rather buy a cheaper liner and replace it every two months if necessary, than spend the money on smashbox.

on 8/21/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This was disappointing. Wouldn't stay on my lower water line. At first I thought it was great, but when i looked 30 minutes later it was gone. Great for the top lash line though. I switched to L'oreal Hip instead.

Top Rated Smashbox Products