September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by QD2NV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product. However, it made me break out pretty bad. I developed large, painful cystic breakouts on my forehead and along my hair line. It also made my hair feel heavy and oily the next day. In addition, I purchased the whole set from a retailer and I am unable to return it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by EssandeN

I feel like this product doesn't work for me because my my specific routine. I only was my hair once a week so I think that because it is ink a conditioner, it won't clean all of the buildup in my hair. I have hair down to my hips and I honestly needed half amount they suggested, I also put water on it to make it go further, which you're supposed to do anyway. It literally made my hair feel dirty a couple of hours afterwards so I had to wash it again the next day with a cheap sulphate shampoo which with the matching conditioner makes my hair beautiful. Smell is okay, peppermint dominates it. Packaging is good and practice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product in one of my beauty boxes, and when I ran out I bought the full size. I have medium length, fine, thin hair, and this makes my hair fuller, thicker and so soft. I love it. I only need four pumps because of my hair type. If I had thicker hair I'd need more pumps, and I don't think I could afford it since it's so expensive. For me it's a good value, though. I took off one lippie because if you don't rinse properly, which means for about two minutes, your hair will end up stringy and kind of greasy. It has to be applied after you rinse your hair for at least a minute, and it has to be rinsed out for about two minutes. I have fine hair. I you have thick hair, take even longer to rinse. The result are worth it. Also, I alternate this with L'Oreal EverPure Moisturizing Shampoo, which is sulfate free, to save money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by xzizix13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like everyone else, I tried really hard to like this product because of how expensive it was. It did nothing for me. It made my hair feel and look greasy. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone, not matter what type of hair they have!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by egwicks

I can say that I will not go back to regular shampoo and conditioner after using Wen, I am quite happy with the results.
I'd been fascinated with the concept of Wen for awhile, so finally took the plunge and got it. It's definitely more expensive than your average shampoo and conditioner and I was pretty shocked at how much the directions tell you to use. That part seems like a scam - use a ton per wash so we can make more money. I'd say test out what works for you, don't necessarily use the suggested amount.
I have super straight, fine, long hair that tends to get oily after one day, so initially I was skeptical about putting a ton of conditioner in my hair to get it clean and was worried it would be weighed down and greasy. To my surprise not only was it clean, but I can skip a day without washing it, and it is still not oily by the end of the second day. (this also helps cut down on the cost of Wen since I'm not using it every day) My hair will always be fine, no changing that, but it definitely styles more easily and appears thicker while still being soft. I can style my hair with a curling iron and the curl will actually stay all day, as opposed to before, when it would lose the curl after about an hour. I think the part that was the most surprising is how shiny my hair looks. Several people asked me if I colored my hair recently, but it's just the shine bringing out natural highlights. Thank you, Wen!
The directions call for 10 - 20 pumps, I only use about 9. I think the key to this product is two things: getting your hair soaking wet, and really massaging it into your scalp. I'm still a bit mystified how the product works, but I've found those two things to help it.
For me personally the hair that came out wasn't any more dramatic than it was with other conditioners, and now it seems to have lessened a great deal.
The one thing I'm not crazy about is the pump. The system is based off of how many pumps to use, but I had a good inch of product left in my first bottle and the pump no longer was able to suck the stuff up. I had to open the bottle and just guess how many pumps I was using.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really, really wanted to love this. I got the set from Sephora. After the first use, tons of hair came out. I thought it mush be just regular "fall out" and continued to use it for a week. I used it every other day. So 3 or 4 times. I didn't use any other shampoo or conditioner. I wanted to give it a real chance.

However, this will be going back. I have small patches of hair loss. I wish I had never used this. I have lots of thick, long hair and I'm so upset at seeing it thin and patchy. Granted, most people won't notice but I did.

The set came with deep conditioner and a refreshing spray. I haven't used either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VintageBeauty427

MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Makes fine, oily hair heavy, limp and greasy. It's full of silicones so those with thick/ abundant hair might find it smoothing, but if your hair is fine or oily, this product is not good. putting silicone in a cleansing conditioner defeats the purpose anyways. Very expensive and increased shedding on me to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Katherine21218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome but when you get to the bottom of the bottle you have to use your finger to get it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beware if you have coloured hair! I liked this the first time that I used it. It didn't make much of a difference. My hair wasn't luxuriously soft or manageable...it was just okay. I used it again and Yikes! When I dried my hair it had lightened at least a level and a half! I get low lights put in my hair to darken it from the over bleaching done in the summer and Wen stripped those low lights right out. So, how can this be gentle and good for hair if it strips colour? I'm returning the product and will not be buying again.