October 31, 2014 | 963 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Veroniquelinnett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review ever! I have spent thousand and thousands of dollars on shampoos, conditioners, hairstyling gunk and hair appliances, I could open a store with just the unused leftover all over my house! My hair is naturally light brown, fine, oily roots, dry ends because I have been dying it and bleaching it for ever. Now it is light blond, which was ok because I had this fantastic unpretentious hair colorist who did magic! But then, I moved! Got a few bad over processed catastrophes and trips to the most expensive salon ($500 for color) and my hair just got worse and worse! More products buying to no avail! My hair simply looked terrible! I my hair products storage space overloaded, i gave up!
Until last week, when I opened a package my fiancÚ received in the mail, didn't know what it was, went online , and to make a long story short, 3 days later, I am cleaning my cabinets!!!
No more shampoo for me! That stuff is amazing! My hair looks like I would love it to look after spending $800 at the most expensive NY salon! In 10 minutes?!?! And it gets better every day?!?! Pinch me!!
Ok, it has just been 3 days, but there is something about the whole way it feels and gets better and the dramatic difference that tells me I am onto something!
I am Soo scared of shampoos now and starting to realize this whole shampoo industry is really about you having to buy tones of stuff and getting hooked onto it from an early age and basically using a damaging "supposed" to be great product, just Soo you are hooked into buying all the accessories product to counteract the damaging effect of the most familiar and seemingly"indispensable " one: shampoo!!
anyway my hair looks fantastic, feels fantastic, I don"t wash my hair in the shower, because I don't want to spend Soo much time in the shower, I wash it in the sink, then let it soak for 5 mn, then rinse! And rinse! It's a change of routine! A pleasant one because it smells and feels great while sitting on your hair.
It does feel a bit weird on the scalp at first, on my first day, my hair looked fantastic but the roots got heavier after a few hours, the next day I did two washes, and it improved, I am working on finding my perfect "routine", and I know my scalp is trying to adjust, but all I can tell Soo far is my hair is "shiny" , falls like , oh man I don't remember, like a once in a five year thing, and it has been doing it for three straight days, getting better every day!
Wen is expensive, so today I bought a supposed to be like Wen product, salon graphix,the one for oily hair, tried it but ended up finishing with the Wen winter vanilla mint because my hair felt dry as I was rinsing it ! It doesn't feel as good!

Anyway, I will report in a couple weeks! Or maybe I won't because my hair won't be something I think off! -:)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Blondemenace121

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really really hoping Wen would be the miracle product they advertise it to be on those home shopping networks, but this is the most expensive hair care I've ever bought and it was total rubbish!! I did not get results like those shown on the ads. My hair reacted the same as if I had used a really cheap shampoo and no conditioner. It was dry, hugely frizzy, knotty, breaking off and just unmanagable. I also got a TONNE of hairfall from this product - scary stuff, like entire chunks of hair just coming out. I've been conditioner-only washing for a while now so I had no problem with the technique which may explain why I didn't get a greasy scalp with this. For me it was just like using shampoo (a really bad, expensive, time-consuming shampoo).

At the moment, the best routine for me is conditioner only washing (with an actual conditioner not this Wen crap) followed by a silicone conditioner to condition and then a tonne of leave-ins like Kerastase Ultime Elixir. I mix this up with the occassional shampoo with a highly moisturising shampoo to deal with my roots which are virgin and do get greasy after a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfreak7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner. Finally went to sephora o see they sell the sweet almond mint in single bottles and in a kit. I bough the kit that came with the cleansing conditioner, the hydrating sweet mint deep cleansing conditioner, and the hydrating conditioning spray. I was all excited got home took my shower followed the directions carefully. I used 10 pumps I have pretty thin hair but it can soak up deep conditionings without getting greasy. I swore like almost half the bottle was gone after one use! I thought it was kind of pathetic considering the price isn't the best. I normally use the Moroccan oil brand volumizing shampoo and conditioner which normal costs 20 dollars for a small bottle but its my favorite stuff that leaves your hair healthy an shiny an I'm used to paying high prices or hair car and your only supposed to use the one bottle so its not to bad but if your thinking that this stuff will give you magical results and no fuzz while blowing drying think again it made my hair shiny and smoot the first time the second time just was okay the third time my hair got greasy easy it builds up to easily on your scalp when you use to much I recommend you use five pumps as appose to the 8-12 suggested pumps because you really don't need that much conditioner on your hair also I notice after I was the wen off my hair feels dry as not smooth like my Moroccan oil so what I've been doing is using wen then using moroccan oils conditioner for that smoothness and my hair looks amazing after blow drying I don't even both straightening

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by QD2NV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product. However, it made me break out pretty bad. I developed large, painful cystic breakouts on my forehead and along my hair line. It also made my hair feel heavy and oily the next day. In addition, I purchased the whole set from a retailer and I am unable to return it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by EssandeN

I feel like this product doesn't work for me because my my specific routine. I only was my hair once a week so I think that because it is ink a conditioner, it won't clean all of the buildup in my hair. I have hair down to my hips and I honestly needed half amount they suggested, I also put water on it to make it go further, which you're supposed to do anyway. It literally made my hair feel dirty a couple of hours afterwards so I had to wash it again the next day with a cheap sulphate shampoo which with the matching conditioner makes my hair beautiful. Smell is okay, peppermint dominates it. Packaging is good and practice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product in one of my beauty boxes, and when I ran out I bought the full size. I have medium length, fine, thin hair, and this makes my hair fuller, thicker and so soft. I love it. I only need four pumps because of my hair type. If I had thicker hair I'd need more pumps, and I don't think I could afford it since it's so expensive. For me it's a good value, though. I took off one lippie because if you don't rinse properly, which means for about two minutes, your hair will end up stringy and kind of greasy. It has to be applied after you rinse your hair for at least a minute, and it has to be rinsed out for about two minutes. I have fine hair. I you have thick hair, take even longer to rinse. The result are worth it. Also, I alternate this with L'Oreal EverPure Moisturizing Shampoo, which is sulfate free, to save money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by xzizix13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like everyone else, I tried really hard to like this product because of how expensive it was. It did nothing for me. It made my hair feel and look greasy. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone, not matter what type of hair they have!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by egwicks

I can say that I will not go back to regular shampoo and conditioner after using Wen, I am quite happy with the results.
I'd been fascinated with the concept of Wen for awhile, so finally took the plunge and got it. It's definitely more expensive than your average shampoo and conditioner and I was pretty shocked at how much the directions tell you to use. That part seems like a scam - use a ton per wash so we can make more money. I'd say test out what works for you, don't necessarily use the suggested amount.
I have super straight, fine, long hair that tends to get oily after one day, so initially I was skeptical about putting a ton of conditioner in my hair to get it clean and was worried it would be weighed down and greasy. To my surprise not only was it clean, but I can skip a day without washing it, and it is still not oily by the end of the second day. (this also helps cut down on the cost of Wen since I'm not using it every day) My hair will always be fine, no changing that, but it definitely styles more easily and appears thicker while still being soft. I can style my hair with a curling iron and the curl will actually stay all day, as opposed to before, when it would lose the curl after about an hour. I think the part that was the most surprising is how shiny my hair looks. Several people asked me if I colored my hair recently, but it's just the shine bringing out natural highlights. Thank you, Wen!
The directions call for 10 - 20 pumps, I only use about 9. I think the key to this product is two things: getting your hair soaking wet, and really massaging it into your scalp. I'm still a bit mystified how the product works, but I've found those two things to help it.
For me personally the hair that came out wasn't any more dramatic than it was with other conditioners, and now it seems to have lessened a great deal.
The one thing I'm not crazy about is the pump. The system is based off of how many pumps to use, but I had a good inch of product left in my first bottle and the pump no longer was able to suck the stuff up. I had to open the bottle and just guess how many pumps I was using.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really, really wanted to love this. I got the set from Sephora. After the first use, tons of hair came out. I thought it mush be just regular "fall out" and continued to use it for a week. I used it every other day. So 3 or 4 times. I didn't use any other shampoo or conditioner. I wanted to give it a real chance.

However, this will be going back. I have small patches of hair loss. I wish I had never used this. I have lots of thick, long hair and I'm so upset at seeing it thin and patchy. Granted, most people won't notice but I did.

The set came with deep conditioner and a refreshing spray. I haven't used either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by VintageBeauty427