Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 3/18/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Not what it's hyped up to be. I have thick coarse hair and I blowed dried my hair and it still looked frizzy that I had to put in product and flatiron my hair. The only thing I like is how minty it made my scalp feel and so I gave it a 2. Not worth the money and so hyped up.

on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM

I was really excited to try Wen despite the high price. The amount of product they want you to use is outrageous! Wen made my hair fall out, feel greasy, and fall flat. Not to mention when you reach the last 1/3 of the bottle, the pump does not work! The only good thing about this product is the smell!

on 3/15/2013 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is just meh. I used my mum's bottle for a week or so and it's not awful but for me it's no better than a really good drugstore conditioner. I absolutely would not give you £25 for a bottle. I really hate the smell - I don't get anything sweet almond, and the mind just makes it smell like toothpaste. Wouldn't purchase.

on 3/11/2013 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is just ok. I have very long frizzy, curly hair. I washed my hair as directed every other day with this product and it took me 5 weeks to go through a whole bottle. This made no difference in my frizz at all. This just doesn't seem to work for my hair, I have other products that work better, I won't purchase this again.

on 3/11/2013 12:39:00 AM

So, I have been using this cleansing conditioner since January, and I really don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't recommend buying it , especially because it costs so much for so little. And just an FYI, even if you like the product, I would avoid the Winter Vanilla Mint one...it smells like a urinal cake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my Holy Grail of hair care. I love it. It makes my hair feel like it was just washed at the salon EVERY TIME.

The first time I used it I did notice a lot of hair loss. I think that this was due to the fact that I have never combed my hair in the shower before. Nothing to be concerned about.

Also, you must must must rinse with cold water. I know it sucks but it does make a difference.

The only real CON I can think of is the price. It is expensive, especially if you have really thick/long hair and use a lot of the product. I made the mistake of switching to Liveclean to save money and was extremely disappointed.

********* EDIT ********* After using this product for a few months I have to reduce my overall rating significantly ! Now this product makes my hair feel heavy and greasy. I thought maybe I wasn't rinsing enough or the water wasn't cold enough when I rinsed - Nope.

After freezing my bum off in the shower for a good 2 min rinsing my hair - NOTHING. Never again.

This is my first review ever! I have spent thousand and thousands of dollars on shampoos, conditioners, hairstyling gunk and hair appliances, I could open a store with just the unused leftover all over my house! My hair is naturally light brown, fine, oily roots, dry ends because I have been dying it and bleaching it for ever. Now it is light blond, which was ok because I had this fantastic unpretentious hair colorist who did magic! But then, I moved! Got a few bad over processed catastrophes and trips to the most expensive salon ($500 for color) and my hair just got worse and worse! More products buying to no avail! My hair simply looked terrible! I my hair products storage space overloaded, i gave up!
Until last week, when I opened a package my fiancé received in the mail, didn't know what it was, went online , and to make a long story short, 3 days later, I am cleaning my cabinets!!!
No more shampoo for me! That stuff is amazing! My hair looks like I would love it to look after spending $800 at the most expensive NY salon! In 10 minutes?!?! And it gets better every day?!?! Pinch me!!
Ok, it has just been 3 days, but there is something about the whole way it feels and gets better and the dramatic difference that tells me I am onto something!
I am Soo scared of shampoos now and starting to realize this whole shampoo industry is really about you having to buy tones of stuff and getting hooked onto it from an early age and basically using a damaging "supposed" to be great product, just Soo you are hooked into buying all the accessories product to counteract the damaging effect of the most familiar and seemingly"indispensable " one: shampoo!!
anyway my hair looks fantastic, feels fantastic, I don"t wash my hair in the shower, because I don't want to spend Soo much time in the shower, I wash it in the sink, then let it soak for 5 mn, then rinse! And rinse! It's a change of routine! A pleasant one because it smells and feels great while sitting on your hair.
It does feel a bit weird on the scalp at first, on my first day, my hair looked fantastic but the roots got heavier after a few hours, the next day I did two washes, and it improved, I am working on finding my perfect "routine", and I know my scalp is trying to adjust, but all I can tell Soo far is my hair is "shiny" , falls like , oh man I don't remember, like a once in a five year thing, and it has been doing it for three straight days, getting better every day!
Wen is expensive, so today I bought a supposed to be like Wen product, salon graphix,the one for oily hair, tried it but ended up finishing with the Wen winter vanilla mint because my hair felt dry as I was rinsing it ! It doesn't feel as good!

Anyway, I will report in a couple weeks! Or maybe I won't because my hair won't be something I think off! -:)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was really really hoping Wen would be the miracle product they advertise it to be on those home shopping networks, but this is the most expensive hair care I've ever bought and it was total rubbish!! I did not get results like those shown on the ads. My hair reacted the same as if I had used a really cheap shampoo and no conditioner. It was dry, hugely frizzy, knotty, breaking off and just unmanagable. I also got a TONNE of hairfall from this product - scary stuff, like entire chunks of hair just coming out. I've been conditioner-only washing for a while now so I had no problem with the technique which may explain why I didn't get a greasy scalp with this. For me it was just like using shampoo (a really bad, expensive, time-consuming shampoo).

At the moment, the best routine for me is conditioner only washing (with an actual conditioner not this Wen crap) followed by a silicone conditioner to condition and then a tonne of leave-ins like Kerastase Ultime Elixir. I mix this up with the occassional shampoo with a highly moisturising shampoo to deal with my roots which are virgin and do get greasy after a while.

on 2/20/2013 10:56:00 PM

I always wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner. Finally went to sephora o see they sell the sweet almond mint in single bottles and in a kit. I bough the kit that came with the cleansing conditioner, the hydrating sweet mint deep cleansing conditioner, and the hydrating conditioning spray. I was all excited got home took my shower followed the directions carefully. I used 10 pumps I have pretty thin hair but it can soak up deep conditionings without getting greasy. I swore like almost half the bottle was gone after one use! I thought it was kind of pathetic considering the price isn't the best. I normally use the Moroccan oil brand volumizing shampoo and conditioner which normal costs 20 dollars for a small bottle but its my favorite stuff that leaves your hair healthy an shiny an I'm used to paying high prices or hair car and your only supposed to use the one bottle so its not to bad but if your thinking that this stuff will give you magical results and no fuzz while blowing drying think again it made my hair shiny and smoot the first time the second time just was okay the third time my hair got greasy easy it builds up to easily on your scalp when you use to much I recommend you use five pumps as appose to the 8-12 suggested pumps because you really don't need that much conditioner on your hair also I notice after I was the wen off my hair feels dry as not smooth like my Moroccan oil so what I've been doing is using wen then using moroccan oils conditioner for that smoothness and my hair looks amazing after blow drying I don't even both straightening

on 2/20/2013 4:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. However, it made me break out pretty bad. I developed large, painful cystic breakouts on my forehead and along my hair line. It also made my hair feel heavy and oily the next day. In addition, I purchased the whole set from a retailer and I am unable to return it!

Popular Hair Products