April 21, 2014 | 1422 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Cleansing Facial Wipes

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

These makeup-removing cleansing wipes are awesome, and they make removing my makeup a breeze. They have no dye, no perfume, and are not formulated with any animal-derived ingredients. They leave my skin feeling super clean and refreshed.

The only negative I have is that they claim to remove even waterproof mascara; however, in my experience they do not. I've used Volume Express: The Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline, as well as CoverGirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara with no success at removing it with these wipes.

Other than that, they are a definite staple in my skincare routine to cleanse my face in the evening. Well worth the $$$!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by idkwhattoput

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

These facial wipes are very good at removing face makeup, although not completely, but 95%. They don't irritate my face or break me out, unlike a few facial wipes I've tried. I would give them a 5 star rating, but they don't remove eye makeup very well, which isn't a huge problem but still it would be a nice touch.

Edit: I found that these contain harmful parabens that could possibly lead to cancer, so I am discontinuing use.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by MarcelineVampireQueen

These are my every day makeup removing wipes, and I don't think you can get better. One wipe usually removes all my makeup, including waterproof eyeliner and mascara. Simple products are very gentle, even on sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love this makeup remover!! I am so envious of those who live in the UK, and these go for 3 for 5 pounds on sale at Boots (equivalent of 3 for US $7.50/8.00). They are definitely pricier in the states.

I have tried tonsss of brands for makeup cleansing wipes, and would still turn to this brand. Effective at removing makeup, not oily nor greasy, nice subtle scent, and most importantly, not harsh and does not burn skin at all. Feels nice on skin -- definitely lives up to its promise of being great for sensitive skin.

If you are concerned about these drying out, I read somewhere to store the package upside down with the opening flap on the bottom. i haven't tried that in the long term, bc I would regularly forget to turn it upside down. Instead, I store the package in a sealed ziplock bag, and that works fine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I had high hopes for these cleansing wipes. I've seen a few youtube gurus raving about this product, who also have a similar skin type as me: oily t-zone + eyelids/combination.
Towards the last few facial wipes in the package, I realized that these wipes leave an oily residue on my face and eyelids. It did remove most of the makeup and dirt, but my face didn't feel clean afterwards.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These are ok but nothing compared to the Neutrogena wipes. They do remove eye make up but don't seem very wet and had to use two to get all the make up off. Very silky and soft feel though and not rough.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by karma916

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I loved everything the wipes advertised and if it took my makeup off smoothly without me having to rub it off especially in the eye area I would have fallen in love with this product. I don't know, it does a good job removing foundation etc off the face but when it comes to the eye area it doesn't do a great job and I end up using one of my oils to take it off. I've honestly used better wipes then this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am sad to say that these wipes have been completely ruined by Simple. I have used them religiously for years but they have recently changed the packaging, texture, and, most importantly (and most sneakily) the ingredients. I couldn't figure out what was causing my skin to break out so badly the past two weeks - I never suspected my face wipes because they have been so good to me for all these years! Yesterday I eliminated all other products and the only thing I put on my face was these Simple wipes. Almost immediately my skin was red and burning - literally felt like it was on fire. I looked on their website and compared with older packaging on other websites and found that they have different ingredients now. I also found that other people have had the exact same problem, so it really must be the wipes.
I switched to Tesco own-brand sensitive face wipes last night (just quickly needed to grab some wipes from somewhere!) and my skin has calmed right back down already. I am so gutted that Simple have done this! And it's so unethical - to change the packaging and advertise a 'new' and 'improved' supersoft texture, and conveniently miss out the new, harmful ingredients added. This is the first thing that goes on our skin and we rub it all over, day and night. If anything this is the most important product to us in terms of ingredients, and now that I have actually thoroughly read it (and checked the ingredients using the CosDNA cosmetics analyser) it's clear that this is one of the most harmful products in my makeup bag.
Really, really not happy with Simple right now. All their advertising about 'pure' and 'natural' is complete hooey.

(The only reason this is 2 stars instead of 1 is because of all the years of great product I have enjoyed in the past, before they changed the formula!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by SuRu

These are my go-to face wipes. They're clean, don't sting, and take off most makeup. I wouldn't recommend them for those who wear a lot of makeup or for anyone who wants a soft luxury feel that leaves skin moisturized. But if you're looking for non-irritating and functional, these are great for sensitive and acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by batyah

Worst wipes I have ever used! I don't wear that much make-up, but it took over 5 for me to clean my face. They also felt very dry and scratchy. Terrible!!!