September 30, 2014 | 1682 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have thick hair and an oily scalp, and I thought this cleansed well without leaving a dry feeling afterwards. My hair feels alot softer and much easier to detangle when showering. It does smell lovely - very tropical with a strong coconut scent that stays well in my hair. Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Once again, an average drugstore shampoo. It gets the job done but does nothing in particular that stands out for me. I do like the packaging and although I am not a crazy fan of coconuts, I LOVE the scent of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair isn't particularly dry since it does become oily by the second day. However, I love to use this during the winter when the ends of my hair are more susceptible to dryness. The texture feels like a conditioner/ body lotion, but the great thing about this is that it lathers, thus ridding hair of grease. My hair is naturally shiny but this definitely doesn't hurt when it comes to adding more moisture and shine! The colour is a pearly, aqua blue and it smells fantastic. If you buy this at Costco, the packaging is opaque blue and the shampoo has a pump, which I love.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by CreativeGesture

I have brought and repurchased Clairol "Herbal essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo" for over a year or two now.This is my go to Shampoo. I Also use this shampoo with its matching conditioner. They work amazing together. I prefer to use both these products then use a different product with them as this works amazing when paired together. Definitely a great shampoo for hot summer days and chilly winter days. I have very long dark hair and it hydrates my hair from root to tip.

[Pros]
- Makes your hair silky
- Smells amazing
- Helps hydrate your hair
- Packaging is secure
- Affordable
- You get a lot for a little
- Works well paired with Hello Hydration conditioner
...
[Cons]
- Shampoo is not organic
- Shampoo is colored (however doesn't leave any coloration in your hair)
...
Overall I would buy this product again, I really don't have anything negative to say besides the fact I wish this product was organic, however saying that I find this product is very gentle on my hair and hydrates really well. I recommend anyone wanting a hydrating shampoo to try this one :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I got a huge bottle of this with a pump, so will have to use it all up even though it's not the best shampoo. I don't think this is anything special, just a regular shampoo with no discernible difference from any other. Smells nice and cleans my hair but doesn't particularly hydrate. Wouldn't buy again, and will
Probably take me 6 months to use the bottle I have!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Missyboo1287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My dad randomly picked this up for me when I told him I ran out of shampoo and asked if he could pick some up for me. wow, he has good taste! I have long relatively thick indian hair and while I love having big, voluminous hair, it sometiems gets dry. I probably wouldnt re-purchase for that reason, it does tend to weigh my hair down the 2nd day (i cant wash my hair every day) but it smells so amazing that even my new boy toy can't get enough. I have never been so complimented on the way my hair smells and the smell tends to last a couple days. based soley on that, i will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like how hydrating it is for my hair and i ADORE THE SMELL :D. i always get compliments on how good my hair smells and how soft it is when i use this shampoo. its at a good price too. i will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is either loved or hated..i personally dont like it, i find that my hair was breaking off using it and oddly it was more dry :S which defeats the whole ``hello Hydration`` title. ummm yea my hair just in general looked worse dead and dry, two thumbs doown

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner promise to moisturize dry, "thirsty" hair. I purchased both at Giant Eagle for $3.49 each, both are 12 fl oz bottles.
Packaging is the standard wavy Herbal Essences bottle. The shampoo bottle is made of thin, translucent blue plastic. The conditioner bottle is made of a thicker, opaque blue plastic. The bottles have blue, green, and silver splatters and circles on them, which is appealing. The tagline "All your hair needs is a good soak" is printed on the front. A full list of ingredients and some fun facts are on the back.
The scent of this shampoo is what originally drew me to purchase in the first place. Its fantastic. The label says Hello Hydration contains Hawaiian Coconut and Orchid, both of which are well represented in the scent. I normally don't enjoy anything coconut, flavor or scents, but the addition of orchid makes this quite enjoyable. I can also sense a bit of citrus in the conditioner's smell, but I can't find anything fruity or citrus scented in the ingredients. I do wish this scent lashed longer, after my hair dries I can barely smell it. Disappoint.
When it comes to washing my hair, I feel like I need a lot of shampoo to get enough lather to clean my chest length, thick hair. At least a third of a palm-full. The shampoo is thick and creamy and a beautiful shade of blue. It takes a lot to work it to lather, possibly due to the thickness. I leave it in about 15 seconds before rinsing.
The conditioner is a light blue and has an almost whipped texture. I also need a lot of it to coat my hair fully. I leave it in about 10 minutes. I don't really recommend it for detangling, it does nothing for me in that department. I've been relying on my Aveeno Nourish+Condition Leave in Treatment to de-matte my knotty hair.
I'm not sure how to feel about this shampoo/conditioner The first time I used them, my hair felt so clean, soft, and healthy and looked very shiny, albeit a bit flat. It was greasy the next night, but I didn't think much of it, since its a moisturizing shampoo. It's been downhill since then. It now leaves my hair looking dull, flat, lifeless, and dry (keep in mind this is a moisturizing shampoo). I think its just not for my hair type. It works wonders on Boyfriend's fine hair. It looks really shiny and healthy, and better than mine. Jealous.
Overall this isn't a bad shampoo, it's just not for me. Try it if you have thin hair, dry hair, or like coconuts. The epic scent is really all that worked out well for me. I won't be repurchasing after I finish both bottles off.
I'm planning a review series on all of Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners, and maybe some style products. Next Up: Tousle Me Softly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

I used this shampoo for a few years before switching to a different Herbal Essences one (the red one for long hair, among many others). I really liked the way it smells and I think it's cool that it's a pearly blue color. It moisturized my hair fairly well and didn't leave it oily or anything. It's a good idea to use the matching conditioner afterward. I think it's a pretty good product ( :