La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Man oh Man...That Jar! Geesh...Makes a good paperweight I guess, ha. I could have easily done without the clunky jar, so as soon as I got home, the powder got transferred to a more reasonable and less heavy PLASTIC container with a screw top lid. Now on to the product, so far it's wonderful, light and airy with a silky feel but also has a bit of coverage as well but I have only had it one day. Will update after a week or so. Just for reference, I am fair to light skin and bought the powder in color CREME01. I took a look at the others also, Translucent was too shimmery for my taste and Neutral was too dark. Creme seems to be a good match**UPDATE- Ok this stuff, for a pricey as it is, has ZERO oil control and dissapears in a couple of hours. Plus I think the talc is clogging my pores...booooooooo**

Best loose I've ever used. I have becca, but this one is way better. I am an nc30 about, and I can use the translucent and the #3, Beige. The translucent is perfectly sheer with a tad of shimmer, no sparkles, and gives a perfect glow while the 4 color powders are translucent and have no shimmer at all, both have their place. But both are absolutely weightless and are like air. They are perfect. The container is thick glass, so while it's very luxe, it's actually quite heavy. Rumor is they're soon going to come in plastic! I would prefer this. The price is $65. Easily worth it, i do not have a problem with that price. And the size is actually 25g compared to becca's 15g. oh, and it's not really an oil absorbing powder, it will leave you with a natural type finish, so if you are oily and are looking to keep you matte this is probably not the one for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I adore this powder! I have it in translucent, as I am super PPP and was worried that the other shades would be too dark. It gives me exactly the finish that I want -- natural and glowy -- and it lasts all day. My skin is normal/slightly combo, so I'm not sure how this would be on very oily skin, but with mine it blots any shine without a masky, matte finish. It makes me glow with the faintest hint of shimmer, but it is certainly not really shimmery. It also makes a great base for powder blush. I have gotten compliments on my skin since wearing it. Also, and I KNOW that this might sound crazy, but I swear that it is good for my skin. My skin has gotten more even since I started wearing it. Maybe a coincidence, but I thought that I would mention it. The only downside is the packaging. They have switched to a less ridiculously heavy jar recently, but it is still bulky. You definitely need to sift some out to travel. But for me that's a small price to pay for a powder that leaves my skin looking so incredible.

Bye bye Becca powder! Hello La Mer!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

One of my HG loose powder that I reach for almost everyday. I have it in translucent and its really pretty. Its quite shimmery but not glittery. It just leaves my skin with a nice glow. I can wear it with a shimmery blush and still not look overdone. Its also lightweight and very comfy to wear. I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After reading many reviews and board postings, I decided to give La Mer loose powder (in Creme) a try and all I can say is "WOW." I've tried almost everything and nothing compares. It glides on my skin beautifully without looking heavy or chalky. And it doesn't dry out my skin or make it look greasy, even when used over different types of foundations and tinted moisturizers. Best of all...no breakouts or flaking skin. It seems to keep everything balanced and well hydrated. My only gripe is the huge, heavy container. I'll definitely need to take a small sample with me when I travel to avoid the extra packaging bulk.

Incredible loose powder. I asked and received this for Valentines Day in Creme. It doesn't last me all day, but if I apply at 7:00 am, I can go until at least 3:00 pm before having to do a touch up, just looks so natural and makes my skin look like porcelian. I would definitely repurchase.

This is the best loose powder I've ever used. I can't speak for the other shades, but I use Creme as a finishing powder after I've put on my makeup. No chalkiness, no masklike look -- I get a soft, radiant finish. It's glorious stuff. Yes, it's really expensive, but I've had my jar for nearly a year and haven't come close to using it up. (And sue me -- I like the jar. It's pretty, though I can understand that it'd be a pain to lug around.) Keep the Creme de la Mer; I'll take the Powder de la Mer.

I'm never usually wowed by loose powders but this definitely WOWED me! I had just bought myself this luxurious, miracle powder yesterday from Bloomingdales, and I wasn't even planning to. I thought it'd just be another overpriced bottle of BS but when the MUA applied it to my problematic skin, it make me look fresh and flawless! I get oily throughout the day and powders don't usually help much without looking cakey or chalky but this stuff is FINELY milled alright, DO believe the hype! hehe

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Ooooooh what a luxurious powder! I have it in cream after sampling cream and translucent. Both are lovely but this gave a hint of coverage but is still light as a feather - does not emphasize flakes at all but goes on like a dream and looks so soft and pretty on. I also purchased the loose powder brush which I love too, though the puff it comes with is excellent as well.

I originally bought this in translucent and was not impressed. It gave no coverage and too much sparkle for me. I returned it and bought the creme on a rec from the SA at Saks and now it's my HG. Goes on super-smooth, keeps m/u fresh, no sparkle, just gorgeous skin. Pricey, but worth it. The glass jar is pretty and very heavy, certainly not travel friendly. I wish they would come out with a pressed version. I will definitely repurchase

Recommended for Normal Skin