August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Flexitol - Heel Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by sally35

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, it looks (& maybe even smells) like it could be a paste used in some sort of heavy industrial process, but this stuff works like a charm. I have extremely dry skin on my heels, that by the end of winter, is cracked & catching on fabric. I file my feet in the shower & use this overnight with cotton socks & in a few days my heels are as good as new. I also really love the Bath & Body Works Heel of Approval (and stock up when it is on sale), but Flexitol is about 1/3 of the price & works just as well. It's not fancy, but really effective. I send some home with my sister every time she visits me & she agrees that it's a great product. The only complaint I have is that I have been using this for a while & find a bit of variation between tubes. I've had 3 tubes of the stuff & in 2 of them the balm was really smooth, but 1 tube had small grains in it. I don't know if the "chunky" version was an older batch of the cream that was starting to go off, or what. Still worked though, so I'll continue buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by auntnett

UPDATE: I've knocked off a star. I agree with the reviewer who says the formula isn't as good since it changed, but I think I still like it a little better than she, and I don't really notice any difference in the scent - not that noticeable to me before and it still isn't. Unlike Heeltastic, it doesn't bother me at all. It's lost enough effectiveness, however, that I'm on the lookout for another high-urea product that works like their old one and I, too, have written Flexitol to complain about the change.

For over 30 years I had struggled with exceptionally dry, cracked heels, and nothing ever worked long-term. Recently while looking at the array of heel products at WalMart (I was actually looking for that Lamisil product - although I didn't like the idea of using an antifungal all the time, I wondered if there might be something to it), I came across this cream and decided to give it a try. It has 25% urea, a much higher percentage than most products, and I knew it is supposed to be one of the most effective for alleviating dry skin.

That night, I first filed them pretty smooth with one of those sandpapery files (I can never file them down completely or I get really painful cracks), then I applied the cream following its instructions, put on cotton socks and went to bed. The next day they looked and felt much better, but I figured it couldn't last. I continued to apply it each night all that week, and after about 5 days they were the very best they have been since junior high - even better than the summer I spent 10 days at the beach, walking in the sand most of every day!

Now, as long as I remember to apply it a couple of times a week, they stay that way with little effort. I never have to file them any more as long as I use this regularly, and it's now nearly July and I'm wearing leather sandals with leather insoles everyday. That usually leaches every bit of moisture out of my feet. I use this all over my feet, not just on my heels, although I concentrate it there.

No need for an antifungal after all - and this costs a lot less. The large tube lasts me 2-3 months, although it doesn't look like it would. A little goes a long way, especially after you get that initial thick, dry skin under control

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm barefoot a lot, which causes my heels to get hard and cracked, and oh, let's just say it - nasty. Tweezerman's Pedro foot file, and a generous slathering of a thick cream like one of The Body Shop's Body Butters or Vaseline used to do the trick; somewhere along the line the effectiveness of that routine just wore off. In desperation, I snatched this up. Marketed as Australia's #1 foot cream, and priced at $9CDN, I thought, what have I got to lose? The happy answer: my hard heels!

After one use, there are already noticeable results. After continued use, morning and evening, it just gets better and better. I love my feet now, and I'll never be without a tube of this! Now if only I could convince my husband to give this a go...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by grammarrodeoqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Completely bought this on a whim at CVS and it has solved my #1 foot woe: dry, gross heels, esp in winter. I've used it each night for a few nights and already my feet feel softer. This product is totally utilitarian, but way more effective than any pumice stone/foot soak/flowery lotion has been. This completes my home pedicure routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. No matter how much I pumice, moisturize or scrub my heels still end up rough and scratch- not sexy. This is the first foot cream that really works all night, and into the next day, my feet finally have stopped feeling like sandpaper! Ps. the cuticle cream is a miracle worker too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2006 2:52:00 PM More reviews by wooster

Yay! I have lovely smooth feet now I'm using this. It's cheap n cheerful & does what it says on the package - enough said.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 8:12:00 PM More reviews by michele1145

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to use on my heels and thought it did a fairly good job. I pumice every AM in the shower by plugging the tub while showering so my feet can soak, then pumice. So this wasn't as needed as it might have been to my soles.

However I applied this to my cuticles a few nights ago. My cuticles are always raggedy, despite getting weekly manicures. I am pleased with what it's doing to my cuticles with just an evening application. I just use a dab for each hand and focus on the cuticles. Since it forms a sort of barrier not sure I'd use this during the day since it's hard to wash off.

One review said that her heels were irritated. I didn't have this effect at all (feet or hands) but you'll probably want to test it on a nail first before going all out in case it is an irritant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I'll have to finish the tube before I think about repurchasing, but it seems to be working. My feet aren't cracked, but they're prone to peeling on my heel, and the skin in incredibly thick and hard. Gross! After only three days, my feet are softer and lighter in color on the bottom.
The texture of the cream is very Vaseline-like, with little crystals (the Urea, I'm assuming) in the yellow base. Scent is hardly noticeable. Since this is so thick and coating, I find that my feet become very warm at night after I apply and cover with socks. Whatever it takes for nice feet! UPDATE: Ouch! Last night I carelessly rubbed this all over the back of my heels instead of just sticking to the soles of my feet, and it burned my skin! It's red and irritated and there's even the beginning of a blister. There's the proof that this effectively eats dead skin, but watch out where you rub it on alive skin! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 9:34:00 AM More reviews by LibraryD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the other reviewer on this product. This is about as unglamorous as it comes, but it works great.

I have extrememely dry feet -- to the point of painfully cracked skin. Several years ago I was sitting in my local *day spa* and picked up some sort of flier about "Eulactol Heel Balm" and how it could help heal heels :) ... I was intrigued and went on-line and found Eulactol and that it was only available in Australia (so I ordered it, of course). Got it and it worked great -- now the smell is not so great, but at least it was not overpowering). I loved the product, but felt a little silly buying heel cream from Australia (I'm in the US) so I didn't pursue it.

Imagine my surprise a couple of years ago to be looking at the foot care aisle of my local CVS (you know the area -- where all the *Dr.Scholl's* stuff is located) and there is a tube that looks exactly like Eulactol only it says *Flexitol* so I bought it on the spot. It is literally the same product -- just a rename for the US market (I found that it is the same company and everything).

It is now always at close reach in my home. I don't have to use it every day anymore, but by using it once or twice a week at bedtime (usually after soaking and using a pumice but not always), I am finding that I can prevent the cracks before they start.

I can't say enough good things about this heel balm. It is very simple but works very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, this is a completely un-glamorous product, but it has made my feet like new! It's in the foot-care section of the drugstore with all the corn and bunion stuff. I think it's meant for diabetics; although it's an unmedicated product, the packaging makes you think it's more medical than cosmetic. Anyway, it contains a lot of urea in a nongreasy base. It's unscented but still has a faint smell, although not offensive. It has seriously make my feet look so good! I have been pumicing and using this cream with socks at night, and I love my feet. I completely recommend this!!