Flexitol Heel Balm

4.7

Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, paraffin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

on 2/10/2008 1:18:00 AM

OK, first; the picture on the box is hideous! Yikes! But I love this stuff! Rated this "dirt cheap" as I believe it could save a lot on professional pedicures! I am a believer, a convert, a groupie... Amazing stuff- two weeks of once-daily application (pea-size) after skin is dry and clean from a shower and before socks has resulted in nothing less than a miracle! Smooth, soft skin, and no callouses. A caveat: do not apply all over, just the rough areas- it can sting and burn already-soft skin. It contains urea, which is more powerful than alpha-hydroxy acids, but that's also why it works so well on tough callouses! It is available at Target for $4.99 for a 2 oz tube, but on drugstore.com, a 4 oz tube is on sale right now for $7.99. Well worth it if you use it faithfully and sparingly, and especially if you are in the habit of getting professional pedicures. (I was trying to avoid them, and am so glad I found this.) I use a file every few days or so just for good measure, in the shower. Don't hesitate!

on 9/22/2007 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UNBELIEVABLE!!

I had basically given up on getting my dry cracked heels to ever look good. No moisturizing cream has worked for more than a few hours and pumicing every day doesn't do a darn thing. After Lamisil didn't work, I figured it just wasn't meant to be.

Tried this on a whim after hearing a bit about it because it was on sale at Target for $4.99.

Wonder of wonders it actually worked. My heels were PINK!

Daily use, no sleeping-in-socks required and my feet are always flipflop ready for the first time in 30+ years.

I'll never be without it.

on 7/13/2007 4:22:00 PM

Less than ONE WEEK with this great product and a pumice stone and my feet are borderline perfect! I started out applying it two times a day, but now apply only at night time. It is thick, and doesn't feel great until it absorbs in completely, but the best thing EVER for my terribly dry, cracked heels, that looked hideous! The pumice stone really helped speed up the great results!

Good LUCK if you try it!

on 7/4/2007 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok, it looks (& maybe even smells) like it could be a paste used in some sort of heavy industrial process, but this stuff works like a charm. I have extremely dry skin on my heels, that by the end of winter, is cracked & catching on fabric. I file my feet in the shower & use this overnight with cotton socks & in a few days my heels are as good as new. I also really love the Bath & Body Works Heel of Approval (and stock up when it is on sale), but Flexitol is about 1/3 of the price & works just as well. It's not fancy, but really effective. I send some home with my sister every time she visits me & she agrees that it's a great product. The only complaint I have is that I have been using this for a while & find a bit of variation between tubes. I've had 3 tubes of the stuff & in 2 of them the balm was really smooth, but 1 tube had small grains in it. I don't know if the "chunky" version was an older batch of the cream that was starting to go off, or what. Still worked though, so I'll continue buying.

on 6/28/2007 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: I've knocked off a star. I agree with the reviewer who says the formula isn't as good since it changed, but I think I still like it a little better than she, and I don't really notice any difference in the scent - not that noticeable to me before and it still isn't. Unlike Heeltastic, it doesn't bother me at all. It's lost enough effectiveness, however, that I'm on the lookout for another high-urea product that works like their old one and I, too, have written Flexitol to complain about the change.

For over 30 years I had struggled with exceptionally dry, cracked heels, and nothing ever worked long-term. Recently while looking at the array of heel products at WalMart (I was actually looking for that Lamisil product - although I didn't like the idea of using an antifungal all the time, I wondered if there might be something to it), I came across this cream and decided to give it a try. It has 25% urea, a much higher percentage than most products, and I knew it is supposed to be one of the most effective for alleviating dry skin.

That night, I first filed them pretty smooth with one of those sandpapery files (I can never file them down completely or I get really painful cracks), then I applied the cream following its instructions, put on cotton socks and went to bed. The next day they looked and felt much better, but I figured it couldn't last. I continued to apply it each night all that week, and after about 5 days they were the very best they have been since junior high - even better than the summer I spent 10 days at the beach, walking in the sand most of every day!

Now, as long as I remember to apply it a couple of times a week, they stay that way with little effort. I never have to file them any more as long as I use this regularly, and it's now nearly July and I'm wearing leather sandals with leather insoles everyday. That usually leaches every bit of moisture out of my feet. I use this all over my feet, not just on my heels, although I concentrate it there.

No need for an antifungal after all - and this costs a lot less. The large tube lasts me 2-3 months, although it doesn't look like it would. A little goes a long way, especially after you get that initial thick, dry skin under control

on 3/18/2007 1:28:00 PM

I'm barefoot a lot, which causes my heels to get hard and cracked, and oh, let's just say it - nasty. Tweezerman's Pedro foot file, and a generous slathering of a thick cream like one of The Body Shop's Body Butters or Vaseline used to do the trick; somewhere along the line the effectiveness of that routine just wore off. In desperation, I snatched this up. Marketed as Australia's #1 foot cream, and priced at $9CDN, I thought, what have I got to lose? The happy answer: my hard heels!

After one use, there are already noticeable results. After continued use, morning and evening, it just gets better and better. I love my feet now, and I'll never be without a tube of this! Now if only I could convince my husband to give this a go...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Completely bought this on a whim at CVS and it has solved my #1 foot woe: dry, gross heels, esp in winter. I've used it each night for a few nights and already my feet feel softer. This product is totally utilitarian, but way more effective than any pumice stone/foot soak/flowery lotion has been. This completes my home pedicure routine.

on 10/23/2006 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this product. No matter how much I pumice, moisturize or scrub my heels still end up rough and scratch- not sexy. This is the first foot cream that really works all night, and into the next day, my feet finally have stopped feeling like sandpaper! Ps. the cuticle cream is a miracle worker too!

on 8/22/2006 2:52:00 PM

Yay! I have lovely smooth feet now I'm using this. It's cheap n cheerful & does what it says on the package - enough said.

on 7/20/2006 8:12:00 PM

I bought this to use on my heels and thought it did a fairly good job. I pumice every AM in the shower by plugging the tub while showering so my feet can soak, then pumice. So this wasn't as needed as it might have been to my soles.

However I applied this to my cuticles a few nights ago. My cuticles are always raggedy, despite getting weekly manicures. I am pleased with what it's doing to my cuticles with just an evening application. I just use a dab for each hand and focus on the cuticles. Since it forms a sort of barrier not sure I'd use this during the day since it's hard to wash off.

One review said that her heels were irritated. I didn't have this effect at all (feet or hands) but you'll probably want to test it on a nail first before going all out in case it is an irritant.

Top Rated Flexitol Products