Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

Feels really nice on the skin. But it is extremly sheer.
My skin feels hydrated but blemishes are not really covered.
I like the color-range alot though. A nice product overall

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is really expensive ($68 Aussie) but definately worth it as it lasts a whole year for me using it everyday, and when I compare that to buying foundation at around $35 a pop every three months, it seems very cost effective. Not only that, it's fantastically good for your skin, leaving it super soft and moisturised and protecting it from the sun. I was using this as a primer, but have since started using it by itself and my skin looks amazing. No breakouts, and I only need to use a squirt or two to cover my face. I love this stuff, hope they never, ever get rid of it.

For reference, I'm using it in Nut (am a NC 42-44).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've had a strange, rocky, turbulent relationship with this product but it's all come good in the end. :) I've always had problems with foundations catching onto flaky areas of my skin and despite claims that it doubles as a moisturiser (as well as containing countless vitamins and nutrients and spf and a cure for cancer) it definately needs a moisturiser, at least for me with that issue. And although it's spf 25 I don't really trust sunscreen in tinted moisturisers because they're very light and tend to slide off during the day so I recommend wearing a sunscreen underneath. Anyway, this product is definately very light coverageand I wouldn't say like other reviewers that it is heavier than tinted moisturiser. But I don't think that's a very accurate comparison because it seems to work differently-I don't think it's purpose is coverage but enhancement I suppose. It definately evens out your tone but does nothing for the parts you really want to cover like acne scars, but Becca doesn't design their products like this, their philosphy is to use a lighter product for most of your face and foundation or concealer for those problem areas because not all parts have the same needs, and this also prevents your coverage from being too heavy and unnatural (but this might just be a marketing ploy to get you to buy more products). This has worked for me because I prefer the more natural look. However, when I started using this product just by itself I found it too shiny and oily somtimes, but then I found the secret to it - you have to pair it up with the becca loose powder (which is amazing). The loose powder is essential because it gets rid of this shininess and makes it waterproof and after a while settles down from matte to dewy. I've gotten so many compliments using these two products, and not about my makeup being good, but my skin! That's because it looks so natural, like your skin, just better and more radiant without that heavy makeup look. Now I'm in love with it now that I know how to use it. So I definately recommend this product becuase it's smoothing and glowing and enhances your skin without looking like makeup, but needs to be paired up with becca loose powder and concealer or foundation for problem areas. Also make sure you get the right shade. The first time I went I got matched with Sand (pale-light, near porcelain), then the second time with Tan (5 shades darker) - both times with a bare face without makeup. Bizarre. :)

Skintone: Roughly a MAC NW15, who leans more neutral than pink.

Skin Type: I have dry/very dry skin with very occasional small flakey patches around mouth and forehead. I am not prone to breakouts but have some slight sensitivity on cheeks. My major skin concern is dullness and uneven complexion. I am in my late 20s.

Other foundations I have tried: Bare Minerals, Chanel Pro-Lumiere, Chanel Vitalumiere (crème), Clinique Supermoisture, Dior Nude Skin, Face Atelier, L'Oreal Truematch, NARS Sheer Glow, Revlon Colorstay (the Normal/Dry formula and Oily/Combination), Revlon Photo Ready, MAC Face and Body, MAC Matchmaster, MUFE Face and Body, MUFE HD, MUFE Liquid Lift, MUFE Mat Velvet +, Urban Decay Surreal Skin.

I really like this foundation. As the name suggests it is pretty sheer and for days where you only want a tiny bit of coverage. It gives a beautiful dewy finish. Because of my dry skin I don't tend to find the dewiness too much (if I do a little MSFN does the trick) but for those with oilier complexions it might prove to be a little too moist so I would recommend sampling it if you can as it's quite expensive (at ~£35 I think it is the most expensive foundation I've tried). It is, of the foundations listed above, one of my favourites. I have purchased this twice and have nearly finished my second bottle. I might not repurchase stright away since there are other things I want to try but I am pretty sure I will be getting this again for natural days.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for over a year now and have had wonderful luck with it. I switch between the Porcelain and Sand shades, depending on how pale or tan my skin is and both shades give me a nice "my skin but better" glow. It is definitely not a full coverage foundation but it's not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. I like to use it on days when my face needs a little pick me up.

I do find, though, that it can feel a bit heavy in the summer when my skin in oilier so I do blot my face between applying the LSC and my finishing powder and this takes away the tacky feeling.

And as much as I love that this comes in a pump bottle, the pumps on mine tend to get a bit clogged, causing the product to sometimes splatter out of the bottle. Just a small con but this is an expensive product so I hate when some goes to waste.

Quite simply the best foundation I have ever used. The shades are absolutely spot-on (I defy you to not find one that is your exact skintone) and while it is a light coverage, the finish is so dewy and flattering it doesn't matter. If you do need more coverage you can always layer it over the stick foundation, used in key areas. I have looked my entire life for a foundation this good.

I had kind of a love/hate relationship with this product. It started out great- it's a very sheer formula (I was using the color Sand), more like a sheer tinted moisturizer with a glowy finish. Not good for covering anything, but nice for evening out color and giving that "dewy finish." I actually got compliments on my skin almost every time I wore this. And then the breakouts started... I realized this product that made my skin look more flawless was actually causing breakouts. So sad!

Terrible, terrible, terrible. The only way this product could conceivably work for someone was if they had flawless, even skin that was sparkling clean, without a drop of other product (this means you can forget about using a moisturizer with sunscreen underneath for the full spectrum SPF protection missing from this foundation, in spite of what the packaging would lead you to believe), and people like that have little use for foundation to begin with. Even when used with the BECCA primer that was supposedly designed to complement it, this has a tendency to roll up and peel off the skin as you try to apply it. It was a nightmare to use on my clients. In spite of it's almost invisible pigment, it feels heavy on the face and stays slightly tacky for hours.

I find this completely useless and will not repurchase. I do not like foundations to have a lot of coverage and often wear tinted moisturiser, but this literally does not cover anything. It is supposed to be used in conjunction with the other Becca products, like the foundation stick and powder to create a flawless look. Firstly, this will end up very expensive and secondly, it does not work. I have both the LSC and the foundation stick. You are supposed to apply the LSC all over and then the foundation stick where necessary so that you have a light make up look, but I find that the LSC is so light that I end up having to use too much of the foundation stick which is quite thick so the end result looks too heavy. I think this would also be quite oily on all but dry skins.
The only people this would suit would be people with perfect skin that is slightly on the dry side but I think in that case you would not be wearing foundation so don't waste your money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had a love/hate relationship with LSC in Cashmere for over a year. Some days it made my skin look radiant and evened out my skin tone but it felt like a pile of grease on my face a few minutes after application. I also noticed major clogged pores----tons of BLACKHEADS!!! At first I dismissed it as a lack of exfoliation and proper cleansing but whenever I stopped using LSC for a few days, my pores looked better. Wont buy this product again