September 22, 2014 | 1941 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lowkeybeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year now and have had wonderful luck with it. I switch between the Porcelain and Sand shades, depending on how pale or tan my skin is and both shades give me a nice "my skin but better" glow. It is definitely not a full coverage foundation but it's not as sheer as a tinted moisturizer. I like to use it on days when my face needs a little pick me up.

I do find, though, that it can feel a bit heavy in the summer when my skin in oilier so I do blot my face between applying the LSC and my finishing powder and this takes away the tacky feeling.

And as much as I love that this comes in a pump bottle, the pumps on mine tend to get a bit clogged, causing the product to sometimes splatter out of the bottle. Just a small con but this is an expensive product so I hate when some goes to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Giuliana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best foundation I have ever used. The shades are absolutely spot-on (I defy you to not find one that is your exact skintone) and while it is a light coverage, the finish is so dewy and flattering it doesn't matter. If you do need more coverage you can always layer it over the stick foundation, used in key areas. I have looked my entire life for a foundation this good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by vengland

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had kind of a love/hate relationship with this product. It started out great- it's a very sheer formula (I was using the color Sand), more like a sheer tinted moisturizer with a glowy finish. Not good for covering anything, but nice for evening out color and giving that "dewy finish." I actually got compliments on my skin almost every time I wore this. And then the breakouts started... I realized this product that made my skin look more flawless was actually causing breakouts. So sad!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by pandakoeken

Terrible, terrible, terrible. The only way this product could conceivably work for someone was if they had flawless, even skin that was sparkling clean, without a drop of other product (this means you can forget about using a moisturizer with sunscreen underneath for the full spectrum SPF protection missing from this foundation, in spite of what the packaging would lead you to believe), and people like that have little use for foundation to begin with. Even when used with the BECCA primer that was supposedly designed to complement it, this has a tendency to roll up and peel off the skin as you try to apply it. It was a nightmare to use on my clients. In spite of it's almost invisible pigment, it feels heavy on the face and stays slightly tacky for hours.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rocker

I find this completely useless and will not repurchase. I do not like foundations to have a lot of coverage and often wear tinted moisturiser, but this literally does not cover anything. It is supposed to be used in conjunction with the other Becca products, like the foundation stick and powder to create a flawless look. Firstly, this will end up very expensive and secondly, it does not work. I have both the LSC and the foundation stick. You are supposed to apply the LSC all over and then the foundation stick where necessary so that you have a light make up look, but I find that the LSC is so light that I end up having to use too much of the foundation stick which is quite thick so the end result looks too heavy. I think this would also be quite oily on all but dry skins.
The only people this would suit would be people with perfect skin that is slightly on the dry side but I think in that case you would not be wearing foundation so don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2008 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Solitude72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a love/hate relationship with LSC in Cashmere for over a year. Some days it made my skin look radiant and evened out my skin tone but it felt like a pile of grease on my face a few minutes after application. I also noticed major clogged pores----tons of BLACKHEADS!!! At first I dismissed it as a lack of exfoliation and proper cleansing but whenever I stopped using LSC for a few days, my pores looked better. Wont buy this product again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this in cashmere and its a fantastic colour match for my skin (none of the horrible orangey or yellowy overtones that looks so terrible with my pinky toned skin). I've found that if my skin is not looking so good, before i discovered AHA/BHA lotions and my cheeks were looking blotchy and red it didn't give enough coverage and i had to use the stick foundation to even those out (not such a big fan of that!) but at the moment when my skin is looking glowing and healthy its an excellent foundation and makes my skin more luminous. So if you have area's you want to cover its not much use but if you just want to emphasise healthy skin its amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far so good with the LSC. I've been using it for about a week every day to date.

Prior to my epiphany at the Becca counter, I hadn't used or bought a single Becca product, although I was well aware of the brand and its products and had been wanting to try the Beach Tint for some time. I had been using a rotation of Everyday Minerals foundation (couldn't ever get the right colour and am too lazy to mix, plus was sick of the powder getting all over my room and myself) and Chanel Teint Innocence (which made my face look grey). I wanted something sheer to even out my fairly good skin but something that was also not going to disappear off my face by lunchtime. I am a MAC NW25-30, Chanel 30, GA LSF 5/5.5, blonde hair, blue eyes, normal/combo skin, and at the Becca counter I got matched to Olive in the LSC. I'm glad I didn't go by the online swatches as Olive is about two shades darker than I thought I would be! It's a great colour match though and the slight green in it evens out the redness in my skin.

The finish of the LSC is, as previously described, sheer. If you're looking for medium-full coverage, you won't find it here. I like it because it's natural and definitely not mask-like. It evened out the red spots and concealed small marks/blemishes yet still allowed my own skin to come through. Mixed with the Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (which I also bought), the LSC makes my skin look pretty good, if I do say so myself. When the MA did my makeover at the counter, my skin looked like the Becca models' skin. And all this achieved without Photoshop! I took some photos in natural light when I got home because I was so impressed and couldn't believe how well the photos turned out - no erasing of redness/blemishes required and no mismatched face-neck colour issues. Just radiant, dewy skin.

At the moment it's winter here and I have had no problems with the staying power of the LSC. However, I get oilier in summer and wouldn't be surprised if this staying power is somewhat shortened. I also bought the Mineral Primer at the same time and although I haven't used the LSC without it, I'm hoping that it provides a good "sticking" base, if you like, for the LSC.

The cost, when compared to Everyday Minerals and discounted (through Strawberrynet) Chanel, is astronomical: AU$68 for the LSC. But it's worth it. And you don't need to use a lot - I use one pump of the foundation and one pump of the SSP, and I'd say that even if I didn't use the SSP, I'd still only have to use one pump of the LSC. So it should last a fair while. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this continues to be a star product and then I'll consider upgrading it to five stars (and buying the concealer, powder, and whatever else they try and sell me...).

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2009: Well, I've just about finished the bottle - over a year later - so I'd say that the $68 outlay, though painful, ended up being rather economical. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase (leaving as "yes" though for now) as I've got a couple of other foundations to use up plus I'm thinking it makes me look more oily than dewy now. Still, the match of the shade to my skin is unequalled and even though I'm undecided about whether or not I like the finish, my skin looks pretty damn good with it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ey

5 stars based on initial impression!
COVERAGE: for me, light. But it still managed to even out my skintone, which is what I expected. After all of these reviews, nobody should be buying this thinking that this gives anything but sheer coverage.

FINISH: extremely natural. I have combo/oily skin, and I did get some oilies midday, because this product is moisturizing, but I would rather have moisturized, luminous skin (and have to blot a few times) than a fake matte finish. This does not accentuate my fine lines or cake around the nose. And it's summer, so I think I'll like this product even more when winter comes around.

Overall, this is recommended for people who only require some spot concealing. This effectively evens skin tone while looking natural, so that you only need to apply heavier concealer/foundation to cover problems spots. If you have large areas that need to be covered, this will probably be too sheer.

I also think it's unrealistic that some people have expected this to be the one and only product they will ever need and then be disappointed that this was not it. Tinted moisturizer, heavier foundation, concealer, and powder each serve a different purpose, and you use each appropriately as you need it. There will never be just one product that will serve all your needs. If you're looking for a moisturizing non-matte TM and you only require concealer in spots and a little powder to finish, this LSC is for you.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by BeccaS11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was expecting to love this because I only ever use tinted moisturizeres or a foundation with very sheer coverage (and even then only at night).

I only tried this as a sample - which is lucky, because I wasn't too impressed by it.

This is because - it's too oily for my skin type. The SA recommended using the mattifying primer underneath, which I did - but still it was way to oily. It felt really yuck on my skin too. I couldn't wait to wash it off.

I used the Olive color ... it wasn't exactly to dark, but the color was off ... it was too yellow/orange ... and looked really unnatural.

I would not purchase this product. But, mum has it in the same color and it really suits her and she says she loves how moisturizing it is. It was just too moisturizing on me. I think that this could be a good product depending on your skin type and skin tone.