Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had fallen into the hype of “prescription strength” deods, but wasn’t satisfied with them – particularly the price. Are they not almost the same at triple the price?

Anyway, one day I looked here for new products to try and found this one. I think I picked up mine at Walmart (probably the same day, I was so excited to try it).

So, following the directions, I use this at night before bed. And the next day I’m as dry as can be! It’s super! I do not have any issues with burning or itchiness, thankfully.

I will say the 72 hour claim is a little ambitious – I don’t believe that one. But I use it almost every other night and I really notice a difference! Oh and did I mention this was only FIVE BUCKS! Yay!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm a 16 year old girl and I started having these sweat stains under my arms around 2 years ago. Its gross and horrible. I'll hide the stains by wearing a sweater to school EVERYDAY and wearing tank tops or baggy shirts in the summer. Even in the winter I'll sweat. I felt gross with these water pools under my arms. I got tired of not being able to wear colorful shirts and wearing jackets in any type of weather. So I started researching methods and antiperspirants around May; I came across Certain Dry and I saw wonderful reviews. I went out and purchased it. I applied it that night then the next day I went to school and I unfortunately found stains under my arms. Luckily I brought a sweater on that HOT May day. I followed all the instructions and it didn't work. It's now July and I still apply Certain Dry to no luck I get pit stains in the morning. Today I found out about Hypercare / Drysol and it's a bit more expensive but I will go out and buy it. Hopefully it works (:

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is interesting because this does nothing for me or my daughter who suffers from high perspiration.
When we looked at the active ingredient in the back is not as high as other products-sorry cannot recollect the %.
However, the Almay deodorant and Dove both have high % of aluminum chlorhydrate. I believe that Almay is 20% and I am currently using Dove and it is 22%. they both did what certain dry did not.

ABSOLUTE LIFESAVER! When I was 13, I started having serious sweating problems. I would sweat just sitting in class, and even more during physical activity which was horrible considering I'm an athlete. I bought this praying that it would solve my problems and I'm so happy I did. I don't sweat EVER. Not even after running 3+ miles in the horrid texas heat. I put it on every night and let it dry before putting on any clothes (which doesn't take long at all). It only stings if I forget to put it on for a few nights and it only itches for a few minutes anyways so nothing to be scared of. BUY THIS! I promise you will not be disappointed. :)

when i was in 4th grade i started to sweat like crazy. people would make fun of me because i always had big sweat pools around my armpits. i was so upset because no deodorant would ever stop it. i started to wear baggy sweatshirts everyday or really big and black baggy shirts. in 8th grade i looked in my closet and realized that all of my shirts were xl's. i wanted to wear normal shirts like everone else. i wanted some color in my wardrobe. i looked it up and saw this product. then i dragged my mom to wallgreens and bought it. the first day i felt nothing when i put it on and the next day i sweat less than usual, but it didnt stop. the second day it stung like crazy and burned really bad. the next day i didnt sweat at all though. i waited 2 days until i reapplied. i used less and it only itched a little. it would be worth it even if it hurt like the second day every time. i love this. it changed my life

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This changed my life.
Not exagerating.
This time last year, I was excessively sweating and had major B.O. It was embarrassing, and I hated myself. Fast forward 9 months later, I am stinkless and sweatless. I apply every night, skip a couple nights sometimes. It doesn't ever sting, but if you use too much it itches. I use a regular deodorant/antiperspirant when I'm going out or will be in public, and sometimes I feel a bit of wetness but I think it's just me because my underarm is still dry (even when exercising).
When I'm at home, I don't bother with a regular deodorant. I don't need it, it's just for reassurance. Anyways, BUY THIS.

I used to hide with sweaters and coats but I wear t shirts and tanks all the time now! Sometimes my regular deodorant melts in warm weather, but this has never let me down. I paid 8 dollars for each bottle, and since October I've been through 2 bottles (with almost nightly use!). If you have B.O or sweating issues, buy this. It made me confident to lift my arms again, even in gym.

** Side note. My underarms stopped sweating, but I started sweating alot on my back. It's okay though, I'd rather that then armpits!

I've never had excessive wetness issues, but I've had stink issues ever since I started perspiring as a teenager. Since then, I have never been able to find an antiperspirant to keep the stink at bay. I can put AP on first thing in the morning at 8AM and by 10AM I am stinking. Not wet, just stinking. I tried the clinical deodorant thing when they came out, and still stinky. After researching here, I found out about Certain Dri and it's the only thing that has helped eliminate my BO. But as others have already said, this should only be used every few days, and only at night. Using this right after shaving or even just cleaning your underarms with one of those bath sponges can cause intense burning/itching. Using it too often can make your underarms very red and raw. What I normally do is every third or fourth night, I will put this on before going to bed. But just a couple of rolls under each arm. I still use regular AP every day in between my Certain Dri applications. Mainly because Certain Dri is unscented and I prefer to smell a fresh scent. And a little extra protection can't hurt lol. I can use a regular cheapo 99 cent stick of suave and I'm smelling fresh pretty much all day. For those who experience some itching after applying, I've found that it helps if you put a couple of light swipes of your usual AP on top of the Certain Dri after it's dried. It may sound like overkill, but this works for me. One last note, the solid version did nothing for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I came across the Certain Dri deodorant at the bottom of display rack of Deodorants in Walgreens. I read the ingredients at the back of the box. To the best of my knowledge, it doesnt contain any harmful chemical so I bought it used it every day since. I didn't think I would use up an entire container of any deodorant in the world but boy, I literally scope it out when I ran out one morning. It seems to lasts me more than 6 months and I use it every day to work when temperature is warm. I haven't tried a lot of deodorants but this one is hg for me.

Will I buy it again? Of course.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I sweat a lot in warm temperatures & when nervous or under stress. I've been using this for nearly ten years now. It does sting if I apply it right after shaving. It does make my underarm area itch if I apply it daily, so I typically apply it every other night before bed & use my "regular" deodorant every morning.

I had the WORST underarm perspiration in high school. I ran track in the mornings and even though I showered, I would be sweating nonstop. I ruined so many shirts and was so embarrassed that I just left my jacket on all day even when it was hot outside. I bought this and fell in love. Now here's the amazing thing: I haven't started sweating again till now, 3 years later. I only had to use the roll-on for maybe a month tops before I noticed the results and then I switched back to my normal deodorant/antiperspirant. Naturally, I went and bought it again. Applied two nights ago and so far, so good. This stuff saved my life living in Texas.