December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

Thanks to MUA, I found my HG cuticle treatment and nighttime lip balm. After using this for a couple of nights, I found that my lips aren't chapped, and my cuticles are looking and feeling better than they have been. I only need the smallest amount, so the tube is going to last for a very long time. I will repurchase as this is really a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dani215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great. I had to buy this online because I wouldn't want to go through a checkout with nipple cream. That aside, there's no offensive smell and 10 hours after applying this to my lips it's still on. It's a little thick coming out of the tube but warms up quickly. I haven't tried it on my cuticles yet, but will shortly. It seems a lot more moisturizing than vaseline, which is what I usually put on my lips at night. The only thing that would improve it, is if it also came in small gloss-type squeeze tubes. I can't see carrying around a 2oz tube of nipple cream with me during the day.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the CVS brand of this and I love it! A little goes a very long way and it's so moisturizing and it has a lovely scent. Thank you MUA! So many uses-lip balm, cuticle cream, spot treatment for anything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. How did I live without this for so long? I've ALWAYS struggled with dry, flaky, chapped looking lips. So, I read about this stuff on MUA and decided that I'd find some. So I bought some Friday and used it through the weekend. Here it is Tuesday and I have luscious, soft lips, capable of looking smooth regardless what lipstick I'm using. This is HG for me now. No going back. I'm also starting to use it on my rough and ragged cuticles...hopefully with as good results!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ThePamster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! This is now my HG for lip care, cuticle care and for my husband's and son's cracked heels. It has impressed me so much after just one use, I mean really it's unreal how much of a difference this product makes in your skin. I use a wheelchair and had this place on my hand on the thumb muscle area where it was tearing and chapped and one use of Lansinoh Lanolin has totally sealed those tears and repaired the chapped skin, it was like magic!

If you have some dry and damaged skin, this just might be what you need to repair and restore that skin. It's great for cuticles and the dry skin on the edge of the fingertips near the nails and awesome for the cuticles, they seemed to drink it up. I figure I will use it daily for a few days then drop down to a couple times a week and be just fine. It's at Walmart in the Nursing supplies are by the baby stuff and for just under $9 it's a steal! CVS carries too, and I definitely will be keeping this on hand from now on to treat our damaged dry skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

must have product if you have skin so dry it cracks. I also use it on my face around my eyes because it looks horrible when your eyelids are so dry they crack and this helps. Hasn't given me any spots.

It's also a lovely lipbalm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by suzmquz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I, too first purchased this for breastfeeding, almost 9 years ago. This stuff works great for abrasions, chapped lips (tastes a bit weird) but it works. I also use this for when my daughter gets a little itchy or has some burning going on in the girly area (usually from an accidental scratch or rough wiping). I'm sure it's not indicated for that, but whatever works as other usual creams, such a vagisil, usually burn.
Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by evalein

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had no idea so many other people use this! I bought it for breastfeeding and then realized that I could also use this on my hands and cuticles as well as my feet.

Just be careful around your face. It could make you break out.

From Lassinoh's Website:

"The term lanolin comes from the Latin lana for wool and oleum for oil, although chemically it is a wax rather than oil. The lanolin is a secretion from the sebaceous glands of sheep, which is deposited onto the wool fiber and is nature's way of protecting the fleece from the harmful elements of the weather. It is an organic ester and as such is similar to the oil our own skin produces (sebum). This is the reason it is so beneficial when applied to the skin."

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has single-handedly fixed my excessively dry cuticles. No matter what season it is, my cuticles are sore, red and torn despite using ointments, lotions and oils several times a day.I use it at night before bed. Yes, it leaves my hands feeling greasy, but eventually it sinks in.I noticed a difference after three nights. Two weeks later and my once ragged cuticles are non-existent. The skin around my nails is softer, smoother and healthier looking. And no longer red. This must be what it's like to have healthy cuticles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yep it works! Thanks MUers for the rec. It is my only lip balm nowadays.