July 22, 2014 | 2038 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by syoon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After having no success with Maybelline mascaras, I picked this one up at a supermarket on sale. It's DEFINITELY waterproof (I swam with it on and it didn't come off at all), and tends to give my asian lashes a bit of oomph when I use a heated eyelash curler beforehand. It holds the curl all day, but the only downside would be that it seems to become flaky after a month or so. However if you're a regular user, it shouldn't be too much of a problem! It's not too voluminous, but that's okay for an everyday mascara. It also keeps my eyes non-irritated during the day. This is important cos I wear contact lenses almost everyday.

And for those having trouble getting this mascara off, I use baby oil to get all my eye makeup off. Just pour a little bit on a cotton pad and wipe over your eyes. This won't come off with your regular eye-makeup remover.

I'll probably repurchase again. It's pretty cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkchiclet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara as basic, everyday wear. It doesn't clump, or smear or flake, and seems to come off easily. It doesn't do anything dramatic for my lashes, but in the black/brown, it makes my lashes look natural, only longer and thicker :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ali1865

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't flake, smear or clump, and comes off easily with makeup remover. Keeps a curl after I use my eyelash curler. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by aequin

I ran out of mascara and needed something cheap for the time being, so picked this up in the drugstore. Well I don't think I could have picked out a worse mascara.

Over the years I have purchased several different types of mascaras and they've all done something...anything...at the very least. This mascara, all it does is flake right after applying it. It doesn't give me volume, length, separation...it is the only mascara I've ever bought that I thoroughly detest and kick myself for wasting even $9 on this crap.

And apart from the instant flaking, this junk is hard as hell to get off too. I have to practically soak my lashes in makeup remover for a day for it to come off, and I was only putting 2 coats on.

Total garbage. Not even worth it if you find it in the garbage bin for .50cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by JoannatheMad89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! It's the best mascara ever! It lengthens lashes, thickens, and helps hold the curl. My only complaint is that the lid tends to fall off before the product is done with.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by maritesRN

Loved how this look for the first two hours. Separated lashes nicely and added some volume. Didn't mind the unique brush.But afterwards did not last on my oily eyelids...looked like a silly racoon!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the first 2 tubes I got, but the third did NOT deliver. The formulation must have changed somehow because the applicator was the same but the clumping started almost on the second day of the tube being open and it was extremely flaky compared to the first and second tubes.

Nice colors and lasting power at first, the formula changes aren't worth it. The flaking sucked. Nice separation of lashes, nice definition, decent thickening. I really like it when the formula is stable, and I still have 1 good tube that I found and wear it often enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by loudhearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pro: Goes on very smoothly
Cons: Flakes almost immediately, smudges within half an hour, slightly irritates my eyes, does nothing but darken my lashes a little bit. Also has a chemical-y smell (didn't bother me though)

I'm Asian with very heavily hooded eyes (my eyelashes tuck beneath my upper eyelid and when I close my eyes my lashes press flat against my bottom lid) so I am a special case, so take my review with a healthy dash of salt. I definitely didn't like this at all, the risk of raccoon eyes is just too high even for everyday wear. Luckily I got this on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by leoprincess9

This is my favorite mascara. It doesn't clump like all the rest I've tried. It doesn't lengthen though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hazel2eyez

Even though it says that it's safe for contact lens wearers, i still felt bothered by them. Because the mascara wears off, it starts to flake off and goes into my eye. My eye gets irritated and it's a horrible feeling! Nearing the end of the day, it smudges a little and it barely holds my curl anymore. I do not recommend this for contact lens wearers!

The upside is that the application is easy, simple for those just starting out and the wand is not as huge as the covergirl lashblast. It's cheap, got it on sale and is available at most drugstores.