January 27, 2015 | 1426 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

YOU. NEED. THIS. IN. YOUR. LIFE. NOW.

I know what you're thinking, a $20 makeup sponge? Not happening. I thought that too, at first. After buying the dupes at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and absolutely hating them (let me tell you, the dupes are NOT the same).. I caved and bought the beauty blender set for $25 on Amazon.

BEST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE.

The beauty blender changes the way you apply foundation completely. Being so easy to use, and for the finish it gives to your skin, I don't know how I went without this for so long. I had watched SEVERAL you tube gurus use the beauty blender, but I just couldn't fathom the thought of spending $20+ on a friggin sponge. Like I said, I bought the dupes; I think one of the dupes I tried was by the brand "Revive." That sponge was horrible, it felt like I was punching myself in the face when applying my make up, and the Sonia Kashuk one didn't do anything for me either. The beauty blender can be used with so many different products (foundation, cream blush, conealer)-- Really, just about anything. They last a pretty good amount of time as well.

I haven't used a brush to apply any foundation to my face in nearly a year.. I would HIGHLYYYYY recommend investing in the beauty blender.. you'll fall in love. I promise.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

GET THIS IN YOUR LIFE!!! I never thought it would be as aaaaammmazing as is it!!!

I don't often wear foundation (perhaps once month) but honestly, using this makes your foundation just look flawless yet natural.... My skin just looks airbrushed (and I've not changed foundation-I've used the same one for a couple of years -it's Armani and has always gone on well with different brushes and using hand etc) but honestly, there's just something different about using a beauty blender. I don't know what it is but it just looks brill and sits well on your skin to just look like skin-it really does blend in!! I've paid out for high end brushed before but this is deffo the best thing I've bought. I hate wearing foundation without it now! And it's so so easy to use. My sister who has no clue how to put foundation on-I bought her one of these and even she doesn't get it wrong now! You literally just wet the sponge until it gets bigger, squeeze out excess water and then apply foundation and it's brill! Even if you put on too much foundation accidentally...it still blends it all in. I usually dab on my foundation with the blender.

One thing I will say is that after I use it I tend to wash it (if I leave it in my make up bag it gets that damp musty smell which I don't like) but doesn't bother me to wash it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

Worth every penny. When the beautyblender first emerged on the beauty scene, I thought it was preposterous that anyone would pay 20 bucks for a sponge. I am so glad I gave this a chance; it is now my favorite way to apply foundation, bar none. I'm excited to put on my foundation in the morning because it just feels so refreshing and is much more efficient than my previous method, using my fingers. The application is incredible! Your foundation truly sinks into your skin, which is perfect for my combination skin, as I suffer from both pesky dry patches and major oil around my T-zone. My nose is especially annoying to apply foundation on; when I use brushes or my fingers, it always turns out looking patchy and smudged. When I use the beautyblender, the foundation on my nose looks smooth and flawless. A petty complaint would be that even the pointed end doesn't reach small nooks and crannies, like around my nose, but I'll live.
I currently use this with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (very light and pretty sheer) and the Revlon Colorstay (heavier coverage), and it works amazingly with both. I purchased mine on Amazon for around $16 and it is the real deal. My recommendation is not to waste your money on the cleanser, washing the beautyblender with dish soap or baby shampoo will work just fine. I highly, highly recommend anyone who wears foundation to give in to the beautyblender hype; I am so pleased I did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Yes, yes, yes all the way! Not much else to say really! The hype is justified, absolutely flawless finish. So happy I purchased this. Buy it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rhiannonkatera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing! better than most of my high end brushes. Highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a makeup tool that gives a flawless finish. The tapered end gives for precise blending. A must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by louloulemon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so after hearing all the hype I finally caved and bought one. There was no way in hell I was going to get it at sephora and spend close to $30 (Canadian) so luckily I found it on amazon... 2 for $25. They were the black ones and I was really crossing my fingers they weren't knockoffs! Hazaa, they were the real deal! So I tried using it for the first time today and I really, really have to say that all the hype is accurate. This is a great makeup application tool. Very flawless finish and easy to use. Not sure how clean up will be but I'll figure it out. My advice is pick one up but try to get if off amazon. Even though they're amazing I still couldn't fathom spending $30 for a little sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't fall for the dupes out there! Tried them all and nothing compares to the finish and coverage and application of the real beauty blender! I have so much acne scarring and this makes my face look airbrushed and look like I have glowing, dewy, poreless, clear, radiant, skin. I get so many compliments from people about my skin and they ask me what my secret is, I say it's the one and only beauty blender.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this for sale I was definitely one of the people who thought that you'd have to be crazy to spend so much money on a makeup sponge. Eventually after reading so many good reviews I decided to try it and found I couldn't have been more wrong in thinking it wouldn't be worth the price. It blends makeup perfectly and lasts practically forever if you clean and store it properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this online, I was all like, "No way am I spending $20 on a SPONGE."
But guess what... I did anyways.

I got the duo set in black off of Amazon. I didn't think I was really going to like this product, but I actually do! The packaging is cute, and can double as storage for the sponges. This thing actually does its job. It is meant to be used when it's damp, but not soaking. I also find that this works best with liquid or cream foundations. When used as a stippling tool, it gives an airbrushed effect that is a lot more attractive than a makeup brush. I also like that this can also be used to blend in powders and creams so it adds to the airbrushed look.

As for cleaning, I use a baby shampoo and some warm water to get most of the makeup junk out from inside the sponge. I'm trying to be as careful and gentle with this as possible because I've heard some horror stories about these bad boys getting deep tears and rips in them during cleaning and regular use.

Overall, I like this product and I probably would pay another $20 to repurchase this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by AshCoco

Let me start off by saying I understand why some people probably look at this product and think no way am I paying that much for a sponge! I felt that way about the beautyblender for a long time too... but after hearing great things about it I just gave in!

So glad I did! Honestly this sponge if used correctly ( should be damp but not drenched) applies foundation and concealer flawlessly and you can certainly get buildable coverage.
I don't by any means have great skin so a nice full coverage foundation application is important to me and this will do it, even better than my MAC brushes!

Only issue is it can be hard to clean, I use Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap and that works pretty good. All in all I think its really worth trying and I will definitely be repurchasing!