October 24, 2014 | 951 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this on my face based on the reviews here. It left my face tight and dry. Also, I did not like the smell that it imparted. I'll just use this a a body bar only.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a bit disappointed with this soap because it all melted into a gel after few days. It looks really ugly and you have to dip your fingers into it to grab a little when washing.
On the other hand, it does a pretty good cleaning job and leaves skin nice, and not dry.
I wont buy it again because of a melty mess it becomes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those soaps that look good the first day but then it congeals in the soap dish to an ugly brown army green. Gross. I was disappointed and expecting a much better product for an all natural one.

Does it clean? I think for the price not much better than Dove. I guess the fact that it is all natural is the big reason everyone raves about it. But let me say this is NOT natural. It has Triethanolamine, Propylparaben, Propylene glycol, and sodium lauryl sulfate. Not natrual at all as it claims. The worst part is I bought it before really reading the label. It seemed wonderful to find a soap that was made of Olive Oil. I use Olive oil when my skin is feeling tight and dry. The amount of olive oil in this soap is nil. I would recommend Tom's or Burt Bee's or any other all natural product.

Don't waste your money. You will wind up having to scrub your soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All of these soaps are fabulous, and I particularly love the olive oil one. It's moisturizing, doesn't have a ton of additives, and smells wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm unsure about this product. It's really cheap and the natural packaging is cute. There's no crazy additives, and it's a really pure soap, but I noticed when I was using it that it became a little stringy as I was massaging it on my face, now this could be my fault too, but I thought I should write something. It's great as a basic olive oil soap, but it didn't really blow me away, I'll keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review for this soap. I have been using this on the down low because I'm a loyal fan of Neutrogena Acne wash. My skin has become quite dry and unbalanced due to Tretinoin cream use and for some reason, the Dove soap was just blah...wasn't really cleaning and was making my face slimy. I have tried several other bars - Cetaphil, Basis, and Purpose, and the KMS Olive Oil soap is by far the *best* of them all. Why? It has calmed my skin down considerably. My pores have shrunk, my clogged pores are gone and I have not broken out from this at all. I love the clean, pure, earthy/crunchy smell. Makes me feel like I'm at my grandma's house! Although this soap is slightly more expensive than other bars, I still find it cheaper than other cleansers I've tried.
I really really love this. This in combination with Tretinoin cream (retin A) have really helped me calm my skin. I'm going to keep my Neutrogena Acne Wash on rotation and I am going to include a cleansing oil in my routine to wipe makeup off.
By the way, my grandma and antie use this soap and Pears and they both have great skin. My grandma in this photo is 76!
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Starlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked it at first and didn't mind the smell. After about two weeks it dried my skin out beyond all belief. So I switched to Cetaphil to fix the prob...I wish it would have been better fo me though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by porchcat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I began using this soap on my face a few months ago, it cleared up the dry patches I had been getting, and no more adult acne (I'll be 36 this month). I couldn't be happier, having found this soap here at MUA. The best thing is that my local grocery store has started carrying natural products so I don't have to drive 40 miles to get this!

Yay KMF! Another fantastic product, Moisture Shave has been a favorite of mine for years now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2006 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Pomegranate_Fran

I love this soap. If you are a fan of using natural products and you haven't discovered this soap yet, definitely give it a try. I feel clean and soft after using this soap. I just started using this bar but I have a feeling it will help clear up some ance on my back. Will update in a week, but for now, 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by LClark

I have used this soap for a few years and I keep it around as a staple skin care soap. It's nothing to write home about as far as looks/scent/packaging, but overall the results are what keep me coming back to use this soap.

I have combination skin that also is acne prone, but this soap keeps my skin in balance especially in winter months that can dry out your skin. I have to admit I am a LOYAL DHC fan and most of my skin care is from the DHC catalog, however when I tried the DHC soap.....I liked Kiss My Face Olive oil soap, and it was about 1/10th of the cost!

I currently alternate between DHC's Mild Soap and KMF Olive Oil Soap just to keep on top of my "high-maintenance" skin, but I would definately recommend giving KMF soap a try!! It's easy to find in a health food store or even a grocery store, and the cost is so inexpensive...you have nothing to loose.

The bar is pretty big, and I like to cut mine in half for easier use...but that's just me. :-)