Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.8

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 4/30/2007 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this originally to use on my face, but I'm just using it on my body now. I have sensitive skin that gets fairly dry in the winter but oily in the warmer months, and it's left my face somewhat tight and dry but not so badly that it will flake or feel irritated..it's not as bad for me as Ivory soap or Dove soap (I tried a Dove soap bar for sensitive skin, and it was no go for my face). If I had nothing to chose to use on my face but a bar of soap, Kiss My Face Olive Oil Bar Soap would be it. It's great for using on my body for sure, so I'll continue doing that.

UPDATE: Since the weather has become more humid over the past month, I've decided to start using the KMF olive oil soap again on my face and I must say it's working just fine now. So, personally, I'm finding using it during warm and hot weather on my face is great.

on 4/15/2007 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this soap - I bought it after my search for an all-natural soap brought me to the ewg.org website and this was toward the top of their list. I've just been using it on my face since I can't seem to part w/ my Dove soap. Plus the scent is kinda peculiar. It really gets off all my makeup though, and never seems to irritate my skin. It does leave it very squeaky clean though. So if you're looking for a creamy consistency or have dry skin, this probably is not the soap for you. My skin tends to be a bit oily and acne prone and I was basically looking for something that would be gentle and not irritate my face. No breakouts so far and I'm on my second bar. The listed ingredients are: Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balancer).

on 4/9/2007 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin/acne-prone skin with slight rosacea on my cheeks. In short, so sensitive skin products don't seem to get my skin clean enough to prevent breakouts and acne products are too harsh. I have been using the KMF olive oil soap for about 3 weeks now and am VERY happy with the results! My skin looks and feels clean without dryness. My chin especially is noticeably clearer and the one red bumb that was threatening to turn into an large ugly pimple disappeared in 2 days. I also use the soap in the shower and have noticed that the skin on my back is clearer and my skin soft overall. The scent is a little off-putting at first, but I have come to like it! Plus, it is really very faint and doesn't interfere with perfume/lotion. I will definitely continue to use this soap! Be sure to store where it can dry out between uses...this will prevent the gooey green mess ;)

on 3/29/2007 11:25:00 AM

I used this on my face based on the reviews here. It left my face tight and dry. Also, I did not like the smell that it imparted. I'll just use this a a body bar only.

on 3/22/2007 1:00:00 PM

I'm a bit disappointed with this soap because it all melted into a gel after few days. It looks really ugly and you have to dip your fingers into it to grab a little when washing.
On the other hand, it does a pretty good cleaning job and leaves skin nice, and not dry.
I wont buy it again because of a melty mess it becomes.

on 2/19/2007 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is one of those soaps that look good the first day but then it congeals in the soap dish to an ugly brown army green. Gross. I was disappointed and expecting a much better product for an all natural one.

Does it clean? I think for the price not much better than Dove. I guess the fact that it is all natural is the big reason everyone raves about it. But let me say this is NOT natural. It has Triethanolamine, Propylparaben, Propylene glycol, and sodium lauryl sulfate. Not natrual at all as it claims. The worst part is I bought it before really reading the label. It seemed wonderful to find a soap that was made of Olive Oil. I use Olive oil when my skin is feeling tight and dry. The amount of olive oil in this soap is nil. I would recommend Tom's or Burt Bee's or any other all natural product.

Don't waste your money. You will wind up having to scrub your soap dish.

on 2/18/2007 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All of these soaps are fabulous, and I particularly love the olive oil one. It's moisturizing, doesn't have a ton of additives, and smells wonderful.

on 2/4/2007 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm unsure about this product. It's really cheap and the natural packaging is cute. There's no crazy additives, and it's a really pure soap, but I noticed when I was using it that it became a little stringy as I was massaging it on my face, now this could be my fault too, but I thought I should write something. It's great as a basic olive oil soap, but it didn't really blow me away, I'll keep looking.

on 2/4/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I had to write a review for this soap. I have been using this on the down low because I'm a loyal fan of Neutrogena Acne wash. My skin has become quite dry and unbalanced due to Tretinoin cream use and for some reason, the Dove soap was just blah...wasn't really cleaning and was making my face slimy. I have tried several other bars - Cetaphil, Basis, and Purpose, and the KMS Olive Oil soap is by far the *best* of them all. Why? It has calmed my skin down considerably. My pores have shrunk, my clogged pores are gone and I have not broken out from this at all. I love the clean, pure, earthy/crunchy smell. Makes me feel like I'm at my grandma's house! Although this soap is slightly more expensive than other bars, I still find it cheaper than other cleansers I've tried.
I really really love this. This in combination with Tretinoin cream (retin A) have really helped me calm my skin. I'm going to keep my Neutrogena Acne Wash on rotation and I am going to include a cleansing oil in my routine to wipe makeup off.
By the way, my grandma and antie use this soap and Pears and they both have great skin. My grandma in this photo is 76!
continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I liked it at first and didn't mind the smell. After about two weeks it dried my skin out beyond all belief. So I switched to Cetaphil to fix the prob...I wish it would have been better fo me though

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products