Neutrogena Rapid Clear Pads

3.9

Active Ingredients Salicylic Acid - 2 %Acne Treatment Inactive Ingredients Water , Alcohol Denat. (38%) , Butylene Glycol , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , C12-15 Alkyl Lactate , Cetyl Lactate , Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate , PEG , PPG-20 , 6 Dimethicone , Benzalkonium Chloride , Sodium Citrate , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance (01/03/12)

on 1/21/2007 12:50:00 PM

I used this for 2 weeks.. the first few days it seemed great, after using it my skin was super soft and it seemed to unclog some stubborn pores. however, after a few days it seemed to dry out and irritate my skin. cut back to once a day, in the am ..also received the worst hormonal breakout.. i think this contributed to it. I normally have yucky hormonal break outs, but it was really really bad and i should know better.. salicylic acid always ends up giving me cystic acne after continued use.. plus there is alcohol in the product and i'm sure that didn't help matters.. in all fairness i know this product works well for others, just not me.. oily t zone, dry cheeks..

Overall I love this product! Four lippies only though, because the smell is reminiscent of bug spray. I generally prefer products that are unscented. HOwever the results are OUTSTANDING, and I normally HATE Neutrogena products. Also, this is the first salicylic product Ive ever liked. It really smooths out my skin, digs in and helps eliminate my milia problem on my forehead, and FAST! Three weeks ago I started using Glyderm lotion lite with 5% glycolic as part of my normal routine, and I was looking for a good BHA product to complement it and help speed the elimination of clogged pores--and I found it here. This really has helped counteract the redness from the AHA lotion and speed me through the purging/healing process that I was going through. And, I swear to God, it has even helped eliminate my fine lines! I will overlook the odd smell and buy it in bulk, because my skin hasn't looked this way since I was about 23 (i'm 29 and sun-damaged).

UPDATE: Had to try the Paula's choice 2% liquid, and I must admit, it blows this away. If your main problem is acne, these pads are pretty good at getting rid of active spots quickly. However the alcohol can be too drying after awhile for me, and they didn't seem to rid me of the little under skin bumps that Paula's takes care of.

on 10/26/2006 11:46:00 AM

After the first few applications, my skin looked noticeably better. Then I had a breakout and unfortunately that breakout hasn't gone away several weeks later. The pimples seem to dry up, along with the skin around it and then re-appear as whiteheads and the cycle repeats itself. These pads aren't doing anything! I feel like my skin is worse since I started using them. Maybe I need to give it more time, but at this point I won't be re-purchasing!

on 10/19/2006 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I never have bad luck with Neutrogena products which is why I chose this one over the many salycitic cleansing pads out there, especially after reading the labels. This one had the least irritating ingredients and the least alcohol, and didn't overdry my skin. In fact, the morning after first use, my combo skin looked clearer than it had in over a week. The downside: yes, the smell IS horrifying, I have to admit, but the product works and my skin looks great on those not-so-great days and times of the month which is when I reach for this, meaning I'm not a daily user. So far so good, hopefully it will continue.

on 9/10/2006 4:56:00 PM

i guess i'm the only one that doesn't like these...

the smell is so strong and alcohol-y, it takes my breath away, and the fumes travel up to my nose and eyes and irritates the hell out of them

update: OH MY GOD these things KILLED my skin! my skin is dry, and cracked, and peeling EVEYWHERE. uggghh. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like this product - I've been using it for less than a week and already my skin is getting better (I don't dare SAY this aloud because my skin will hear me and act out just to spite me!)...but these are great and have a nice citrus smell. I was using the L'Oreal DermaExpertise Adult Acne Peel Kit before this and realized that I was totally being hosed! The only realy thing that you use in the kit is a Salicylic Acid tonic and dry pads - it's 2 % Salicylic Acid just like these! Those kits are $25-30 retail. These Neutrogena pads are only $7-8 retail. I love them!

on 9/6/2006 4:30:00 PM

I have tried just about every kind of clear pads out there. This on I like the best. It smells like citrus, which I like. The thing I like the most is that they are very soft on my skin. All of the other brands seemed to scratch my skin. These are very gentle, and my breakouts are noticeably fewer around certain times of the month. I have pretty clear skin except when the hormones start in, then I usually breakout around my chin and sometimes my cheeks. Will definately repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this with the rest of the Rapid Clear line and it has really helped out with the tiny breakouts along my jaw and cheeks (thanks hormones!) I still get the usual PMS breakout but it isnt NEAR what it used to be! I wish they were alcohol free like the Stridex ones but I can over look it since my face is really looking nice for once! Even my DH whom was prescibed acutane (which couldnt even clear him up!) uses the line and his face has dramatically improved as well! Kind of ticks me off with all the freakin expensive products I have bought (read: THOUSANDS of dollars!) and here my entire skincare routine costs me $20 and does wonders! Oh well!

on 7/5/2006 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i've used acne cleansing pads for many years now, and this is my favorite so far. the smell is citrusy, although it can be a little overpowering. and it seems to work, although it is always hard to tell with skin. but- my skin has been clearer.

i just saw in allure magazine that they recommended these as well!

my only wish is that there was more in the container! they don't last me very long.

on 6/6/2006 5:30:00 AM

Non-irritating and fine under makeup, they don't seem to do much though. Good for gym and overnight bags, and no-fuss people/situations. I think I'll give them to my boyfriend for 'summer skin' (ie. normally stunning skin that tends to break out when working up a sweat in the summer heat).

Popular Treatments (Face)