La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/8/2014 1:23:00 AM

Awful stuff. Had clear skin and thought I would add this to my routine to help my skin in the winter. What a mistake, made me get clogged pores throughout my entire face.

Huge waste of money and I am not pleased.

on 1/2/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a terrible product for anyone with sensitive skin. I have oily/combination skin and this 'creme' made me break out terribly. It also has 'fragrance' in it which is another irritation for my skin. They sure know how to hype and market their creme but it doesn't live up to the test.

on 12/9/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's almost winter here and my skin is dehydrated, very dry and a lot of redness. I'm a huge fan of Sisley global anti aging cream. See reviews. It seems like it lost it's magic on my skin. I went into my stash (girls and guys we all have them) and had purchased this cream 6 months ago. I decided to try it and what a HUGE difference it has made on my skin. My skin is now hydrated, moisturized and redness is gone.
I would NEVER recommend this for oily skin or 20 something skin. I would HIGHLY recommend this for very dry, sensitive, tightness and redness in the skin. I don't think I would use this in the summer months. No breakouts (knock on wood) just healthy glowing skin. It's been over 2 weeks and if any problem occur I'll update this.

on 12/8/2013 6:17:00 PM

Is this a joke??? I tried a sample. Its literally just like ponds face cream except a million dollars instead of 10. It does moisturize but the value just isn't there.

on 11/21/2013 7:55:00 AM

I love this product! I have been using it for almost 15 years. I have dry skin and this makes my skin very smooth. It's great before putting on foundation. It's a heavy cream so probably best for dry skin. I also use more in the colder months.

on 11/7/2013 3:54:00 PM

I have dry/combination skin. this was a Present from my friend and I was so happy to try this famous cream. It felt great when I put it on, but washing my face after work I saw two pimples and pinky red blush on my cheeks. I thought may be it is my skin that is not getting use to it. So i gave it a go one more time and that was the worst choice I made for 2013. It gave me the worst reaction I ever had since 2002 when an insect killer that accidentally sprayed on my face and peeled the skin off. My cheeks gone red and dry, white/red heads all over, itchy and BURN bad..... I suffered for two weeks and it still did not go off until today. I could not wear anything on my face.. FeelTerrible.. Do not use this if you had reaction in the first day like me. Big NoNo from my skin....

on 10/7/2013 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product didn't work for me at all. I felt like this was just sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. And yes, I "warmed" it between my fingers, but it didn't help. It also clogged my pores. Huge waste of money, in my opinion.

on 9/17/2013 4:36:00 PM

This product was a total waste of money, it seemed like a bad joke. I had high expectations, but after about 2 weeks I gave up on it as it was way too heavy for my normal skin. A product has to be very bad for me to discontinue use, and not even finish it.

I gave it to my mum. I didn't get any feedback from her.

There are so many effective products on the market thesedays like retinol and growth factors, I can't understand why people are paying obsene amounts of money for this supermarket quality product.

The eye cream was also a disappointment.

on 9/14/2013 11:16:00 AM

I had originally planned on trying this for my 40th b'day, I am 38! But in a weak moment last year I asked hubby to get me a 2oz jar from the duty free store. He was so shell shocked with the price that I ended up getting the 1 oz jar :) I fell in love with the cream after the 1st week of use just for the simple reason that I did not need to moisturize as much during the day. I also cursed my self for trying the creme and liking it so much. I ended up buying the 3.4 oz jar next. I have been using the creme for a year and positively love on how supple my skin looks and feel. I had reduced my AHA frequency to 1x week but am back to using it 3x week. I have also been able to used my PTR retinol fusion nightly. All said and done it moisturizes like non other that I have used before. Also the effects are lasting. BUT, the price point is a definite deterrent and needs careful consideration.

It's heavy if you use a lot. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin around my eyes and usually the mildest moisturizer burns my skin. This stuff doesn't at all. I love it. Well worth the money.

Popular Moisturizers