August 29, 2014 | 1701 users online

Self Tanners - Dove - Summer Glow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by lily117

Love this. Smells SO GOOD! it works much better than the johnsons one. You can see results in a day or two of using it. However I don't like the fact there are potentially harmful chemicals in it. e.g parabens! also contains dimethicone which i'm not fond of

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 1:26:00 AM More reviews by vanessahahn

WOW! I have those really scary glow in the dark white legs, and I honestly don't tan at all (but with skin cancer, who wants the risk?). Anyway, I think this product is amazing. After about 2 days, I had natural looking color aside from my ankles and one knee. But, I figured out the way to do it is to wait until you have blended all over everywhere else and with the excess product, skim it over those trouble spots. I didn't notice a bad smell, and I will continue to use this. I read that there is a pump version, and that will be the one I buy next just because it will be a little easier to get out of the bottle. I would tell anyone to get this. My mom bought the one for medium to dark, and she's hooked also.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 8:34:00 AM More reviews by courtesan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best smelling gradual tanner. Only problem is the cream is very thick, which means it's hard to get the last of it out the container, also takes more time to apply then thinner lotions.

The tan the medium/fair gives is OK, similar to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by tanaholicgirl

I have used the summer glow in place of my usual choice garnier summer body & I have to say I quite like it.
The colour turns out ok,not to light or dark....just a nice deep golden shade.
The only qualms I have about this is that it feels very tacky once its been applied to the skin even if you've blended it really well it still has that clammy feel which I dont like!
I apply it in the evening about 2 hours before I go to sleep so I dont have to put up with the 'feel' of it on me all day.
I am happy with the colour it gives me,although I did apply it more at one time over a good 7 days & I thought It made me look a bit 'orange' so I tend to use it now for just a few days then moisturise 2 times a day in between with my normal body lotion & the tan lasts me a good several days before I need to exfoliate & start again!
Overall this is a nice product,the scent is quite nice peachy-floraly kind of smell & it has a good texture not too thick or runny.
The bottle it comes in could have been designed a bit easier,like the pump version which I will definately buy next time in the 'energy glow'.
The lotion can be rather tricky to get out of the bottle when it becomes half full......so I tend to leave the bottle upside down so I dont have to 'shake' the lotion to the top of the bottle every time I use it.
Product fades evenly & have had no problems with patchiness.Would recommend the dove summer glow definately!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 6:15:00 AM More reviews by LittleBlackDog

This is awesome, even for winter. You can control your colour to still have nice glowing skin in wintery months but also to go deeper [as convincingly deep as you should look with the shade of skin you have] It has a nice smell, the cream isn't too sloppy and the outcome is subtle, so you can work on it daily like a regular suntan and no one would suspect straight up. The upkeep is pretty simple, you don't need to use it daily, I use it every few days to maintain a nice glow. A bonus, when you shower the following morning, your skin really does feel silky and smooth. No streaks and no 'colour run' like right after a spray tan! I loved this so much I bought the big pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Dee2007

It's a pretty good product. Wouldn't be so happy with it that I wouldn't try another brand but am happy enough with the results. They are slow though and the cream is a bit heavy but I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product! Strangely I apply it in the evening so it absorbs well under my PJ's and I don't get any rub marks from clothes. I love the result - it looks very natural on my pale, freckled complexion. Having had some 'you've been tangoed' moments with regular self-tanners in the past I'd say this is virtually fool proof, although you do have to exfoliate regularly around knees, heels and elbows to keep the look convincing. It has a pleasant smell which doesn't morph into 'stale curry' as it develops. I agree the lotion is very rich and you do need to massage well into the skin but it does leave it feeling beautifully soft - worth the effort for the results. As my tan progressed and I got the depth of colour I liked I switched to the 'Medium' version and applied less frequently. When I stopped using this the colour faded evenly too. The only other lotion I use apart from this is L'Oreal Nutrisummer - but that's another review. Would definately recommend to everyone who wants a convincing tan without resorting to cancerous tanning booths. A definate 5 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

One of the worse 'moisturiser with self tan' products I've tried. The consistency is too thick to give an even tan - it turns out a yellowy and very patchy on me. Garnier Summer Body is the best one I've tried so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sandersan

For some silly reason i thought i had to put the lotion on before i hit the sun...haha, but no just put it on anytime and by the next day you'll see some changes. I rather like it, it's just like applying normal moisturiser on, but with a heavier smell - which isn't too bad smells bit like those palma coca products. I read in some reviews that they had to wait ages for it to dry before putting clothes on...? mine dried within secs...so i guess it depends on how much you rub in. If you're constantly using it everyday you don't have to apply as much. The only downfall is that if you're lazy like me and only apply it every now and agian you loose the colour fast. And you also need to apply it evenly coz it does give you a few streakings here and there.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2006 12:46:00 PM More reviews by nic_w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product and I find it way easier to use this than any of the other fake tans products. The smell is ok but could be better but I don't agree with a comment that somebody else left. It doesn't rub it easily! You apply it and you have to leave your trousers off for at least 20 minutes so you don't smudge it all or get it all over your trousers (i made this mistake and it stained all on the inside of my jeans!) Another problem aswel is that when it says that as soon as you have applied it all you have to wash your hands, well be careful! I carelessly turned the tap on full blast and water sprayed a little over my thighs and the next morning woke up with beautifully hinted tanned legs until i got to my thighs where it had ran down with white! I looked like i had weird white veins! Overall it is easy to use, cheap in price and does last a while and as long as your careful its fine. I'll be buying it again!