MAC Frost - Ricepaper

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 11/22/2010 12:31:00 PM

Ricepaper is a gorgeous yellow-beige frosty highlight shade. This is an amazing highlighter for women of color, but it is far too yellow for my NC15 skin if not completely blended out. If you are very fair and want to make this highlighter work for you, I would suggest applying a small amount of Ricepaper to the browbone area, and then popping Nylon right underneath the brow arch - the brightness of Nylon helps diffuse and blend the yellow in Ricepaper and they work together seamlessly. I love to use this shade when I'm wearing an otherwise matte eye look to add real punch to the browbone.

on 10/20/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love how smoothly this goes on, how easy it is to blend, and how beautiful the color is. I have so many MAC eyeshadows but this one is so luxurious, I wish all MAC e/s had this finish. I think it's a frost, but it doesn't have any chunks of particles, it's so perfect-and highly pigmented. I pair this with bold and brazen and embark on the outer v. This is a great highlighter too, if you're going for a softer look.

on 10/19/2010 6:31:00 PM

I wanted this for ages, and was nothing but disappointed when I got it.

Its way too yellow to be used as a highlighter (however, mixed with nylon it works wonderfully), and when I try to do it as an all over lid wash, it comes out very very patchy. Never had an e/s do this to me.

edit: tried this with a sparse highlighter brush and it went on wonderfully, no more patchiness!! I guess not using a dense brush was the trick. Gave my lids a very natural, MLidBB look, wore it 5 days in a row, i think I'm in love now <3

on 10/3/2010 12:59:00 PM

I get why Ricepaper is so universally loved but it doesn't impress me at all. It's a nice yellow beige color but I could NEVER wear this as a highlight. I'm an NW 15-20 and it's just too yellow for me. The best I can do is use it as a lid color/ on the inner part of my lid.
Will not repurchase since it will take me forever to finish this pan and then, it's just not for me.

on 9/21/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

By far the best highlight color EVER...this is excellent for women of color too!

on 9/18/2010 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use Ricepaper as my brow highlight. It's not shimmery and unbearably intense as a lot of highlight colors are but it's not dull either. I also use this on my entire lid sometimes. Great eye shadow.

on 9/18/2010 8:37:00 AM

I finally get it! The awesomeness of this e/s, the comparisons to Femme Fi, the "its the perfect neutral"....I get it now! First, the comparison to my beloved Femme Fi. Femme Fi is a VP finish, this is a frost (but the most satin like frost I have ever tried) and Femme Fi has a bit more beige with golden under tones to it where as Ricepaper is a bit more yellow (to me but described as peachy) with golden undertones, but not OTT...still totally in the neutral family. Now as to the awesomeness of this e/s As I mentioned above, although Ricepaper is a frost, it applies like a satin. The whole reason I never tried it before was because I have dismissed the use of most frosts on my aging eyes. Ricepaper is the least frosty frost I have ever used. It does what all delicious butter cream type colors do to my brown eyes (NW20 skin with dark lashes and brows), makes my eyes pop like nobody's business! If you have brown eyes...try this baby...they will pop! It is a brighter than Shroom. I used Shroom to neutralize the pink out of my eye. Ricepaper does the same thing but makes me look just a touch more awake (brighter eyes). I am sure I will keep my Shroom on hand, but Ricepaper may replace it as my daily wake up call. I love Femme Fi and Dazzlelight as my fave neutrals. Now I am adding Ricepaper to the list. I know it is just another neutral, but for me it is THE neutral shadow of choice.

on 9/17/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color and the formula. Very blendable and pigmented. It does brighten the eye area and shows up more yellow on my nc25 skintone. So a little goes a long way. Can be used as a highlight, lid color, or for inner eye ducts.

on 9/15/2010 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow brightens the eye like no other! This is a must-have MAC eyeshadow for everyone! It is a somewhat yellow champagne color. A lot of people use it as a brow highlight...I think it's a tad too dark for me to use it that way so I use Shroom or another lighter highlight on the brow and Ricepaper on the lid. I have paired it with a neutrals like Sable or Sumptuous Olive in the crease and also bright colors like Aquadisiac in the crease. It goes well with almost anything. Very versatile!

on 9/13/2010 11:32:00 AM

The most beautiful highlighter I've ever come across. This one has a bit too much shimmer for me to use all over the eye but it's about the most lovely highlighter I've ever found. Use it almost daily on brow bone and inner corners of the eye. Just perfection.