Sonia Kashuk Remove

4.4

Water, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Hexylene Glycol, Poloxamer 184, Sodium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ext. Violet 2.

on 2/3/2012 3:54:00 PM

I have gone through several bottles of this. It's a great eye-makeup remover. It does leave a small oily residue, but a quick splash of water after use eliminates it. A good product for a decent price.

on 12/29/2011 12:31:00 PM

I love this eye makeup remover. I've tried lancome, ysl, mufe, eye makeup removers and i choose sk over those any day. The famous lancome is nice but it leaves the eye area oily and the sk doesn't which is why i love it! I always had to use a seperate cleanser to remove the oil from bifacil but with sk I dont. Try to get one that's 50/50 it seems to be more effective.

on 12/28/2011 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It does a good job removing everyday eye makeup. Doesn't sting my eyes. No rough rubbing necessary, as long as it's not waterproof makeup. Although I have yet to find a cleansing liquid that can effortessly remove waterproof mascara and mascara primer.

on 12/6/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eye makeup remover is somewhat oily and might actually be more effective on removing waterproof mascara. However, I use non-water proof mascara.

I apply it liberally with cotton puffs or squares and gently wipe several times, turning over the applicator to also utilize the clean side. Then I splash with water to remove some of the oily residue. Next I run a Q-tip around my lashes where there is a mascara residue, especially on the lower lashes but it comes right off. The product does not irritate my eyes. Rimmel non-oily eye makeup remover actually does a slightly better job but gets into my eyes more easily and causes redness and stinging. Remove is probably not the best eye makeup remover on the market but still pretty effective. EDIT: I have discovered that splashing my eyes with water FIRST and then using Remove is somewhat more effective for my non-waterproof mascara. Still not irritating my eyes at all. However, I think this is probably much better for water-proof mascara so I do not think I will repurchase, after all. EDIT II: Went back and tried this again using a synthetic rayon puff ball. This takes up more product than does the cotton ball and I am getting much better results. I added a lippie.

on 11/28/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have gone through numerous bottles of this eye makeup remover. It is affordable and easily accessible at Target. After trying different eye makeup removers, this is the best drugstore one that I have found. It is highly gentle and does not sting. There is no need to tug around the eye for makeup removal when using this product. I would say this is a dupe for the Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover, which I love.

on 11/28/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Didn't think I'd ever be bothering to write a review on MU remover but "Remove" is definitely one of my favorites. Does the job. The bottle says "no stinging" and it's actually true! (unlike others who make the claim *cough* l'oreal *cough*) No matter how irritated my skin and/or eyes are it doesn't burn and gets everything off. oh, and I like the simple name "Remove". Reminds me of Jimmy Johns if anyone has eaten there and seen the napkins "wipe" and the cups "drink". Hehe. Overall, I've learned that products from the Sonia Kashuk line are either hits or misses and the hits are reeeal hits! (and the misses are usually pretty bad) My bottle of SK Remove came with a free cute mini travel bottle which I appreciated. Both bottles are almost gone and i think i will definitely repurchase! which is rare for me. I don't often repurchase products because I love to try different things but I don't think I will really be bothering to try any other brands after this. EL was great but too expensive. Other cheaper brands were.. exactly that. just cheap.. and crap. SK Remove is a winner.

on 11/17/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this eye makeup remover to be very effective at removing waterproof mascara (I use EXTREMELY waterproof Japanese mascaras). It comes in a tall thin bottle with a wide mouth opening (some people don't like that but I think it's easier to wet the cotton pad). All I do is gently press a saturated cotton pad against my eye for 10 seconds. This will soften any waterproof makeup considerably. Then with light pressure, I slowly swipe my lashes up and down (in the same motion of applying mascara, if that makes any sense). All my eye makeup is removed without any scrubbing or tugging. I find this to have a much more oily feel than any other dual-phase remover that I have tried. That being said, the oiliness goes away after a few minutes, but then it leaves the skin around my eyes VERY dry, TOO dry (as in, I even get some flakiness on my lids). If this didn't dry out my skin so badly, it would probably by my HG eye MU remover.

on 11/14/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Feels like water, yet removes everything bit of eye makeup.. Love it

on 11/1/2011 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First comment is I was shocked when I opened it at home to discover this product which sits on the shelf for the general public to touch came completely FREE of unprotective packaging. In other words, no seal, no plastic covering, nothing! Someone could put battery acid in the container as it's completely open!

Okay, now for the product. I purchased based on the fabulous reviews claiming it's a great substitute for Lancome Bifacial. I personally agree with the recent negative reviews regarding it being more work to remove the eye makeup and hence I removed a few eyelashes along with the product, and it stung my eyes.

I had never thought I could use an "oily" MU remover until I tried Bifacial, but that product is extradordinary. However, the price point is too high for me, so my search continues for an effective yet gentle product.

on 10/15/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Like the previous comment, I also used the Lancome makeup remover before purchasing this one. I bought this on a whim because I thought it would be a good alternative and it would hold me over until I could repurchase the Lancome one. This one looks like it has a lot of product but its packaging is very narrow but it still lasts a long time even if you use it religiously. The Lancome remover practically makes my makeup melt off without hesitation and the Sonia Kashuk one makes me work a little bit harder to remove all my waterproof eye makeup but overall a great buy.