Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I usually love Almay, but I'm not crazy about this product. It's definitely not oily, so that's a plus, and it's pretty inexpensive. Unfortunately, it's too harsh for the delicate skin around the eyes; after I use it, my entire eye area stings and feels raw. Also, it takes a lot of work to remove makeup - and I don't even use it on waterproof makeup! Not a terrible product, but not the best.

on 7/1/2009 6:10:00 PM

I like this makeup remover for one reason. It does take a while to remove my eye makeup (have to use 1 to 2 makeup pads for each eye) but I will continue to use it because it seems to strengthen my eyelashes. I quit using it for a while because I was using Cetaphil cleanser which is much cheaper but I started noticing my eyelashes were looking quite stubby and shorter than usual. I couldn't figure out why and then it dawned on me I had quit using Almay eye makeup remover. I bought another bottle of this stuff and started using it again and my eyelashes seemed to grow in length a bit and not looking as sparse or stubby. Well I guess I'm sold.

on 6/28/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This liquid/gel consistency MU remover is great. As w/ any remover, you must give it some time to interact with the wax from the makeup products. I gently pat this on my lids (w/ waterproof mascara and liner), keep my eyes closed while brushing my teeth or hair in shower. Then wash with my face cleanser over top of it, removes ALL traces of makeup, no hard pulling or tugging. Def. buy again and recommend. I like the squeeze tube, it lasts awhile for me since you don't need a lot of it. Easy to travel with and does not irriate my contact lenses. I got it dirt cheap at Big Lots.

on 6/28/2009 3:29:00 PM

What's with all the negative reviews? This removes my eyeliner perfectly. (Trust me, I should be know as the eyeliner whore.) I usually put on a ton of liquid liner with 2 tons of mascara. By the end of the day, I tab some water with the product, brush it across my eyes and with a few wipes, ITS GONE! It's a very gentle formula, never irritates me or stings.
I brought it for $1 at a clearance thinking I would hate it, but its been serving me nicely.

I don't understand the hatred for this product. This takes off all of my eye make-up without irritating my eyes a single bit. This can literally get inside my eye, and I feel no stinging whatsoever. I have the bottle version of this, and it lasts for a very long time. It also neither dries out my eyes, nor does it clump my eyes with oil (like the "moisturizing" version of this). As for the price, I would much rather buy this (since it works perfectly) than some expensive department store brand. Right now, I'm using a tubular mascara instead of a waterproof one, and my regular cleanser seems to take off the little bit of eyeshadow that I wear just fine. However, if I were to ever buy a make-up remover again, I would come back to this and nothing else. This is HG quality material, right here.

I cant find the exact almay product I have, and cant figure out how to add new products on here that aren't on the list........so, I'll compromise and write a review anyways, because I like it.
I have Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. I got a two oz bottle for around a dollar at big lots. I like it, lol. It doesn't irritate my eyes, or the skin around them. Which is very sensitive on me personally. It cleans off all my eye makeup with out fail and without any problems. Not bad for under a dollar.

on 4/21/2009 9:44:00 PM

removes makeup, doesn't make my eyes sting, doesn't irritate my skin
small bottle.. BUT small price so, no complaints :)

on 3/22/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the WORSE eye makeup remover ever invented. It made my eyes sting, it took forever and ever to harshly RUB my waterproof eyeliner and mascara off. Once I harshly rubbed my makeup off my eyers were irritated and red. I went straight back to the drug store to let 'em know just how I felt. Luckily I was able to exchange for the neutrogena eye makeup remover, which I hear works wonders. So far so good with that one.

on 3/18/2009 9:40:00 PM

This is one of the worst eye makeup removers ever! I ran out of my Chanel oil-free bi-phase eye-makeup remover and thought this one would do the trick. OMG! It took forever to take off my eye makeup especially the mascara. I had to hold it on my eye for at least 30-35 seconds for it to remove the mascara. Ah, I don't think this is worth the $4-5 bucks that I bought it for. What a waste of money. Now I just have to go back to the eye makeup remover I have been using originally. Goodness, what a waste.

on 2/10/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is the worst! It said it was supposed to be gentle but it stung so badly when I used it to remove my eye make up that I had to rinse it off right away. Tried it again to see if it was just a fluke, and it burned the second time. Threw the whole bottle out!