October 22, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by BeckyJSacto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UGH. I love the scent of this in the pot, but it just does not go with my body chemistry at all.

Within two hours, it definitely got a strange funk to it, and I agree with others' reviews that it has a distinct bathroom smell to it.

I highly recommend trying this on in the store using the testers, wear it for at least a few hours, then make your purchase decision.

Luckily, The Body Shop has a great return policy, so I will exchange this for the shea body butter.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 3:26:00 AM More reviews by SparklenGlitter

I have come to love TBS body butters because of their moisturizing properties, consistency and the lasting power of the scents. However, this wasn't a winner for me. One minute I loved the zesty orange scent, the next minute I hated it. My mom said it smelled a used bathroom, while my brother thought it was pleasant enough. I felt pretty mixed up about it myself and didn't totally love it, so I'll be sticking to the body butters I DO love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

very strong, zingy smelling body butter! leaves skin really soft and what i love about the smell of this, is that you really do smell of it for a good part of the day, and when you use it the room smells for ages after as well. puts a spring in your step, especially in spring ;) hehehe

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE the smell, but was way to greasy for my skin. Would be best for those with very dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of it, but I hate the consistency. It feels sticky, as if it actually contains orange juice. Slightly disgusting .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has got to be my favorite The Body Shop smell. I love this energizing, vibrant smell. It's very fruity and smells absolutely delicious. However, this butter isn't as moisturizing as The Body Shop's shea butter. The satsuma body butter is richer and has a creamier texture, shea butter being very thick, but it only moisturizes a tiny bit. Great product to use during summertime.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by BloodMittens

This product smells amazing, though to some people it might be a bit too strong. Personally, I get nothing but compliments about it, and it mixes well with my fragrances. It also moisturizes very well, and leaves my tattoos very moisturized and healthy.

I would buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smell is SICKENING. At first it smells like proper oranges, 5 minutes later it will make you throw up guaranteed. And like all Body Shop body butters, the smell won't go away even after washing with water and soap. Good thing is it is as moisturizing as any other Body Shop body butters, only lighter in consistency, so 2 lippies for that. Otherwise I am SO GLAD I tried this before deciding whether to buy it or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by PRYSTINE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now this is one of my favorite scents in oil burning but it just doesn't work for me in the form of body butter. It is very strong...almost overwhelming. Will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jules13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this body butter!!! The scent is great and has staying power unlike a lot of other lotions I have tried and because it is a citrus scent, it also keeps me energized.

My skin tends to be on the dry side and this keeps my skin soft. I put it on as soon as I get out of the shower so it seals in the moisture. The formula is non-greasy and I really like the delivery system. A little goes a long way!

I would definitely buy this again.