The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2009 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i recieved this as a gift. it smells way to strong, it reminds me of those air-freshners people have in their cars! it moisturises but no different to other rich body lotions. i put lots of it on my feet then put socks on before bed x

on 4/16/2009 12:10:00 AM

UGH. I love the scent of this in the pot, but it just does not go with my body chemistry at all.

Within two hours, it definitely got a strange funk to it, and I agree with others' reviews that it has a distinct bathroom smell to it.

I highly recommend trying this on in the store using the testers, wear it for at least a few hours, then make your purchase decision.

Luckily, The Body Shop has a great return policy, so I will exchange this for the shea body butter.

I have come to love TBS body butters because of their moisturizing properties, consistency and the lasting power of the scents. However, this wasn't a winner for me. One minute I loved the zesty orange scent, the next minute I hated it. My mom said it smelled a used bathroom, while my brother thought it was pleasant enough. I felt pretty mixed up about it myself and didn't totally love it, so I'll be sticking to the body butters I DO love.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

very strong, zingy smelling body butter! leaves skin really soft and what i love about the smell of this, is that you really do smell of it for a good part of the day, and when you use it the room smells for ages after as well. puts a spring in your step, especially in spring ;) hehehe

LOVE the smell, but was way to greasy for my skin. Would be best for those with very dry skin.

on 3/22/2009 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the smell of it, but I hate the consistency. It feels sticky, as if it actually contains orange juice. Slightly disgusting .

This has got to be my favorite The Body Shop smell. I love this energizing, vibrant smell. It's very fruity and smells absolutely delicious. However, this butter isn't as moisturizing as The Body Shop's shea butter. The satsuma body butter is richer and has a creamier texture, shea butter being very thick, but it only moisturizes a tiny bit. Great product to use during summertime.

on 2/21/2009 4:02:00 AM

This product smells amazing, though to some people it might be a bit too strong. Personally, I get nothing but compliments about it, and it mixes well with my fragrances. It also moisturizes very well, and leaves my tattoos very moisturized and healthy.

I would buy this product again.

on 12/20/2008 12:09:00 AM

Smell is SICKENING. At first it smells like proper oranges, 5 minutes later it will make you throw up guaranteed. And like all Body Shop body butters, the smell won't go away even after washing with water and soap. Good thing is it is as moisturizing as any other Body Shop body butters, only lighter in consistency, so 2 lippies for that. Otherwise I am SO GLAD I tried this before deciding whether to buy it or not.

on 11/29/2008 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Now this is one of my favorite scents in oil burning but it just doesn't work for me in the form of body butter. It is very strong...almost overwhelming. Will not purchase again.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products