The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/27/2009 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was quite surprised at the reviews for this product, I must say. I went shopping and got it a few days ago with my boyfriend and a male friend and they both went nuts for it (which, to me, is always a good initial sign).

Satsuma is on the sweet side and I do agree that a little goes a long way, but I've received numerous compliments since purchasing it. I also have to disagree with other reviewers by saying that for a body butter this particular one absorbs quickly into the skin, rather than lingering on the surface and becoming oily or sticky.

The staying power of this product never ceases to amaze me. I wore it for about 9 hours straight, went to bed and it lingered until the morning. I feel that this scent may not be for everybody, but the consistency of the body butters from TBS is amazing.

This particular body butter is perfect for the spring or summer. The fresh citrus scent is sure to keep your energy up throughout your busy day.

I recommend using this alone, and without any perfumes or body sprays. Also, keep in mind that after smoothing it onto your skin, the fragrance will lessen and settle. Because the staying power of these products is amazing, I'd say test out a dime sized amount on your arms. Leave it on for about an hour and see how you feel.

Once this settles it is absolutely amazing!

on 5/21/2009 1:24:00 PM

When you smell this in store it is the loveliest smell of satsuma. You can't help falling in love. Sadly, once you get the tub home you realise that even the smallest of dabs on your wrists will he enough to make your whole room smell of satsuma. It is simply impossible to use as a body moisturiser because it smells so strongly. So, buy a small jar and use it as a perfume if you like the scent.

Me myself use the tub I have for my feet in the evenings. It does a wonderful job of making them all soft. But I think that in the future I will look for something that smells more neutral so it does not compete with my perfume.

on 5/12/2009 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i recieved this as a gift. it smells way to strong, it reminds me of those air-freshners people have in their cars! it moisturises but no different to other rich body lotions. i put lots of it on my feet then put socks on before bed x

on 4/16/2009 12:10:00 AM

UGH. I love the scent of this in the pot, but it just does not go with my body chemistry at all.

Within two hours, it definitely got a strange funk to it, and I agree with others' reviews that it has a distinct bathroom smell to it.

I highly recommend trying this on in the store using the testers, wear it for at least a few hours, then make your purchase decision.

Luckily, The Body Shop has a great return policy, so I will exchange this for the shea body butter.

I have come to love TBS body butters because of their moisturizing properties, consistency and the lasting power of the scents. However, this wasn't a winner for me. One minute I loved the zesty orange scent, the next minute I hated it. My mom said it smelled a used bathroom, while my brother thought it was pleasant enough. I felt pretty mixed up about it myself and didn't totally love it, so I'll be sticking to the body butters I DO love.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

very strong, zingy smelling body butter! leaves skin really soft and what i love about the smell of this, is that you really do smell of it for a good part of the day, and when you use it the room smells for ages after as well. puts a spring in your step, especially in spring ;) hehehe

LOVE the smell, but was way to greasy for my skin. Would be best for those with very dry skin.

on 3/22/2009 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the smell of it, but I hate the consistency. It feels sticky, as if it actually contains orange juice. Slightly disgusting .

This has got to be my favorite The Body Shop smell. I love this energizing, vibrant smell. It's very fruity and smells absolutely delicious. However, this butter isn't as moisturizing as The Body Shop's shea butter. The satsuma body butter is richer and has a creamier texture, shea butter being very thick, but it only moisturizes a tiny bit. Great product to use during summertime.

on 2/21/2009 4:02:00 AM

This product smells amazing, though to some people it might be a bit too strong. Personally, I get nothing but compliments about it, and it mixes well with my fragrances. It also moisturizes very well, and leaves my tattoos very moisturized and healthy.

I would buy this product again.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products