August 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer but it's not a miracle product or anything. It does help my foundation last a bit longer. I have dry skin and with this, everything goes on more smoothly..foundation, blush, highlighter, etc. These products seem to sink into my skin better and look more natural. The biggest difference I notice is that my blushes apply more pigmented and last hours longer which is great and I've never experenced this effect with other primers. I can't comment on what it does for pores because my pores are small. So far, this is the best primer I've used and I've tried primers from NARS, Korres, Victoria's Secret, Smashbox, and the famous Monistat Anti-Chafing lotion. I wouldn't rebuy this though..I'd rather try something new to be onest.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Cyndiiisayshi

I HATE THIS! Made my face oily -_-
save your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by HlovesK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My face is so oily from this primer...I do not have oily skin in the first place. I feel like my foundation slides around BECAUSE of this primer. Absolutely awful. And I don't think it smells that great either. Why does Sephora have it on their shelf of best primers??

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't notice any difference in the application or staying power of my make up when I used this product. Very disappointing!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sbiine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used the LM creme foundation for a long time (and I love it) and wanted to try this primer forever. My skincare routine has worked perfectly for the last two years, so the problems I had after using this primer can't be caused by one of the other items I use. So the first time I used this primer I noticed a lot of white spots the at same evening (also in places I normally never get spots). The next day, after using this product for the second time, I got breakouts like never before (honestly, it was horrible). But I wanted to give it a try (once again) and used it for the third time the day after, before I really had to stop using it, because my breakouts were getting worse and worse. Beside from that I don't think the primer helped my foundation to stay on any longer, at the end of the day it looked exactly the same as without using it. Anyways, after I stopped using this product, it took me about two days before my skin went back to normal.
Conclusion: as much as I love the LM foundation (and also other products) this is the worst product for my skin I've ever used and I don't recommend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly this product does nothing to my face except making it all shiny.
It is not suitable for the oily skin for sure. It is greasy and I am really suprised they promote it as for an oily skin.
There was no difference in my skin after applying it and for this price I expect product to work at least a litte.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by leverniz

honestly i cant find the differences between wearing this primer or not, the MUA at laura mercier told me that if i use this primer, she can guarantee that my tzone wont get oily for the whole day, but turns out that until now, i still have to buy an oil blot paper. definitely just waste of my AUD60!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally hate this product for day to day wear as i find it too oily and greasy on top of my moisturiser and day treatment but i definitely recommend it as THE primer for nightwear if your foundation does not have a dewy finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I know this is considered oil-free, but it felt entirely too greasy on my skin. Fortunately, I got this as a free sample from Sephora, but I would not consider purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

I got this as a part of the Flawless Face kit and I'm not loving it. I think I'll just stick to my Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer.

This primer is quite sticky (given that it's oil-free). Unlike the ones with silicone that gives your face a smooth and flawless base for makeup. I'm not repurchasing. Unless it comes in a kit.