April 18, 2014 | 1671 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Didn't notice any difference in the application or staying power of my make up when I used this product. Very disappointing!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sbiine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used the LM creme foundation for a long time (and I love it) and wanted to try this primer forever. My skincare routine has worked perfectly for the last two years, so the problems I had after using this primer can't be caused by one of the other items I use. So the first time I used this primer I noticed a lot of white spots the at same evening (also in places I normally never get spots). The next day, after using this product for the second time, I got breakouts like never before (honestly, it was horrible). But I wanted to give it a try (once again) and used it for the third time the day after, before I really had to stop using it, because my breakouts were getting worse and worse. Beside from that I don't think the primer helped my foundation to stay on any longer, at the end of the day it looked exactly the same as without using it. Anyways, after I stopped using this product, it took me about two days before my skin went back to normal.
Conclusion: as much as I love the LM foundation (and also other products) this is the worst product for my skin I've ever used and I don't recommend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly this product does nothing to my face except making it all shiny.
It is not suitable for the oily skin for sure. It is greasy and I am really suprised they promote it as for an oily skin.
There was no difference in my skin after applying it and for this price I expect product to work at least a litte.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by leverniz

honestly i cant find the differences between wearing this primer or not, the MUA at laura mercier told me that if i use this primer, she can guarantee that my tzone wont get oily for the whole day, but turns out that until now, i still have to buy an oil blot paper. definitely just waste of my AUD60!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by meghanadriana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally hate this product for day to day wear as i find it too oily and greasy on top of my moisturiser and day treatment but i definitely recommend it as THE primer for nightwear if your foundation does not have a dewy finish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I know this is considered oil-free, but it felt entirely too greasy on my skin. Fortunately, I got this as a free sample from Sephora, but I would not consider purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pinknplush

I got this as a part of the Flawless Face kit and I'm not loving it. I think I'll just stick to my Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer.

This primer is quite sticky (given that it's oil-free). Unlike the ones with silicone that gives your face a smooth and flawless base for makeup. I'm not repurchasing. Unless it comes in a kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nmtulis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm suprised this product has such a low rating.
I got a sample of this at Sephora and I absolutely love it. My T zone got quite oily this summer, never happened before so I was going crazy trying different products. The lady at Sephora showed me this stuff and I can glady say it worked. I've tried other products that lasted maybe an hour, this stuff lasts me a good 4-6 hours. I don't normally wear my makeup longer than that but I'm sure it can last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I definitely love this primer!!! I have really oily skin in the summer and this primer can help me stop shining all day and use foundation after it can stay on my face for a whole day! Oily skin in summer will love this product for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised this product has such a low rating - it works wonders for me. I think the issue is 'oil-free' which attracts people with oily skin - however, this is more suitable for people with dry / dehydrated skin. It is a mix of primer and a moisturizer - it has a creamy-white consistency, and not so much the clear-silicone-y texture like most ordinary primers. This really does not control oil - but that's ok since I don't really get any. I actually use a 24-hr gel moisturizer under this, then the primer, and then L.M. tinted moisturizer (so obviously, I take all the moisture I can get). So in summary - GOOD FOR DRY SKIN, NOT FOR OILY SKIN. So don't be fulled by oil-free - this is really made for skin that needs a bit of moisture and protection.