July 30, 2014 | 1886 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Mange Too massage bar

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Nkruythoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

YUCK! This smelled great in the store. I guess it's because all of the other lovely scents covered it up. When I got it home I could not stand it! I like the white chocolate smell, and I can detect coffee beans, but something in it smells sour. Now every time I open up my cabinet I want to throw up because it is so strong and my entire cabinet REEKS!! It smells ok on my skin, but I can't get past the stankness to put it on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did my first Lush haul today and picked this up with some soaps and some face cleanser samples. I was hoping this would smell more like chocolate, but it doesn't smell like much to me. I liked the smell of the one shaped like a heart (don't feel like looking up the name, sorry) and heard that this smelt similar but I don't really think it does. I bought this one because it is big and seemed like a better deal. The actual product is nice. A little greasy, but since it's supposed to be a massage bar I'm not going to say that's necessarily a negative thing. I bought this to use as a moisturizer and maybe try on my fiance. I'm starting accutane in a month and I think this will work really nicely when my skin gets reallyyyy dry! I'd buy this again, it's a neat idea. I might try another bar first though since the scent isn't as great as I hoped.
*update*
Just wanted to say (because this typically doesn't happen) that I put this on after showering in the AM instead of my usual b+b lotion and later that night my legs still felt soft and smooth I couldn't stop touching them! ..And the smell (though not strong) does linger for some time and is pleasing, though still not as pleasing as I would like (especially since I'm in love with white chocolate in real life lol). I bought 5 things from lush my 1st time around and so far, this is the only thing I'm really really loving.
*update 2*
Still love what it does- but I'm going to try another one next time because the scent is starting to annoy me. I can't put my finger on it, but I think I smell 'green' at times. I can't think of another word to use, but whenever I use this I catch a whiff (now and then, not all the time) of like a plant smell or what the color green would smell like lol and it is very weird :-( ..And the smell stays around for a while! I'm going to only use this on my legs for right now..Using it on my arms is too close to my nose!
AND LADIES PLEASE REMEMBER TO STORE THIS APPROPRIATELY. I DIDN'T DO THIS AND IT MELTED COMPLETELY IN THE 90 DEGREE WEATHER :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It smells like white chocolate and cocoa butter... someone told me they smell the orange later on. I tried to find the thickest bar they had since I will be using it alot as a moisturizer. I think I smell honey... but with alot of Lush products I cannot tell what they threw in. It's a melting pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MsLushieLette

This massage bar has lasted me a good 6 months now. My bf and I both love the scent. Great massage bar :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by cherrrrryl

eughhh. i love LUSH stuff and i've tried a few different massage bars but this one just grosses me out. i think i would like it a lot more if the smell wasn't so strong. or if the smell was just a little different. i feel like once you put it on you reek of it for days, as well as the room you put it on in. it's like an in-your-face orange chocolatey smell, and even the thought of it makes me gag.
also when i massaged it in, it was waaaay too thick and greasy and didn't absorb (and i have seasonally dry skin). an hour later it still felt like i dipped myself in stinky crisco. ughh. i can't even think about this bar.
i wanted to give two lippies to be nice because i do love LUSH and other massage bars, and maybe i just got a bad batch... but i'm just way too repulsed and scared to try it out again. gross, gross, gross. one lippie. definitely test before you buy, folks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by PixieCorpse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't say enough good things about this one. Leaves me soft and scented like vanilla and honey. This is my fav moisturizer. One bar lasts me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First the size of this bar is HUGE for the price I think. It will last forever. It is more similar to Honey Trap than it is to HIWTK in scent. Must be the peppermint. I did lick it and it actually is pretty good as far as eating Lush goes.*** I've come back to report that after sitting on my skin for a few hours this turned really chocolatey smelling. I keep smelling chocolate, and it took me forever to realize it was my arm from the Mange Too. I love this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by GoldenVenissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells amaaaaaaazing! This is my go-to product for dry patches AND massages! My bf hates getting oily stuff on his hands but he doesn't mind these bars. LUSH is a genius for developing these AND the delightful scents the come in!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by tito_barf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as an in-shower (or immediately after) lotion bar. I find it too difficult to rub on large areas when you aren't wet, but if you have some water left on your skin--it's awesome! Rub it on, smooth it in some, pat dry. You'll have moisturized skin all day! You will also smell slightly of the bar, so make sure you love the honey & white chocolate scent.

I had ignored this for ages, then turned to it when I had such itchy, dry winter skin that I was slathering on hydrocortisone and diaper rash lotions! Now if I use this every morning at the end of my shower, I'm good to go for the whole day. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by naschrei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells of white chocolate. So intoxicating. Very moisturizing. This is one of my favorite LUSH massage bars.