Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - In Control Curious

3.9

on 11/22/2006 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! I sooo wish it wasn't limited edition, it's too good!!! also wish the shower gel and body soufflè and shimmer of In Control were made;) I adore all Britney fragrances, they're all different but all are so amazing. The package and bottle are sooo HOT and amazing too, the best out of all Brit's fragrances and I think the best out of the whole perfume world;)
I love the name too!!
Great staying power too.
I sooo want a bubblegum fragrance and there's no one in the market, next Britney fragrance should smell like bubblegum!!!!!!!

on 11/6/2006 7:20:00 PM

I actually really like this. I guess this is the type of perfume that you have to suit to wear. And it helps when it mixes with your body chemistry. It's probably not a perfume that everyone can wear, but I think it's lovely. I've had compliments on this already. I also think that if it had been called something else and was brought out by a different celebrity, more people would like it. In Control probably has a certain age group it goes with as well. I can't imagine my mother wearing this, even though she said it smells gorgeous on me. It's so sweet and sexy, and I love the fact I can wear it in the day or during the night. My boyfriend got my the 50ml version because I didn't know if I would get sick of it or not, but I love it so much I just bought a 100ml because it's Limited Edition. :)

on 10/24/2006 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I feel so wierd reviewing this, but I guess I have no pride, I reviewed Miami Glow, and Fantasy AND I am a fan of them. So, at first I didn't care for this, the dry down of alcohol was throwing off the fragerance, but after a couple sprays, this comes out quite sensual. It is the perfect fall scent, it is heavy, and it smells of caramel, and cigars? I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it does have something with cigar scent. Could that be the influence of K-Fed? *gags* Yeah, I hate to say it, despite this named after a "Britney influenced" product, I like it. I will probably buy this again, when I run out.

Update on my pervious review....I love this! So sad it's LE! The bottle is cute, love the atomizer, very vintage so it's fun to spritz. It smells like warm, caramelized sugar with vanilla milk and armetto. I'm already on my 2nd bottle. I wonder when the company will stop making these...at Macy*s they have a *new* gift set which I bought. The gift set had a regular sized bottle of In Control, a little "Wild Side" lipgloss (a glittery dark pink that has great vasline texture...smells & taste yummie, lol) a *small* body souffle lotion, and may I point out the main reason why I bought the gift set instead of the regualar bottle ( the body lotion smells exactly like the fragrance and makes the scent last longer...SO upset the body souffle wasn't regular 6.8 oz size nor do they sell them, only in the gift set) and a cute lepoard print jewlery box, I have too much jewlery but a few faveorite ones which fit in the box. Awesome stuff.

on 9/5/2006 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Caramel!

on 8/10/2006 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I didn't actually buy it, I sampled it from an already torn open package in TJ Maxx. It's nothing more one of the myriad Angel rip-offs floating around the market. Whatever the notes are supposed to be, all I could smell was vanilla, chocolate and patchouli. Not bad but a bit boring....

on 7/15/2006 3:45:00 PM

I bought this perfume as a college-graduation present for myself. I love it and think it smells wonderful. It smells warm and foody, sort of like creme brulee. I dislike the bottle, however, and it is a bit sticky, so I'm pretty much reserving it for the fall and winter.

on 6/26/2006 11:32:00 PM

I tried this in the store today, as it's been raining here for three days straight and I'm starting to go insane. I didn't want to go out in the pouring rain after leaving the Metro, so I decided to spritz a bit from the funky black bottle - I already smelled like a rain-drenched wench, so how much worse could my smell get? (I get a little self-destructive in weather like this. If I don't see some sunshine soon, I may shave my head.)

So I tried it, fearing for my life, but it wasn't terrible, and then I was just plain confused. This is Hollywood Pink just decanted in another bottle, right? Right? I mean, it smells exactly the same: sugary/foody/sweet, little bit of a patchouli base...it's the same dang fragrance, except with the Avon you get to keep a bit of dignity by saying you are wearing "Hollywood Pink" instead of "Oh, I smell like Britney IN CONTROL" (anyone else find the name of this fragrance highly ironic? Is there one person less In Control in the Western Hemisphere? Come on, it's funny!)

My fervent wish is that the Avon company will sue Elizabeth Arden for stealing their fragrance, and they will get to repo all of Britney's Cheetos. This is a lot to ask of a lawsuit, however. A girl can dream.

Anyway, IN CONTROL. It's a little more sweet than Aqualina Pink Sugar. It's Hollywood Pink. Same juice. I don't know what else to say about it.

continued >>

on 6/20/2006 3:54:00 PM

Wonderful fragrance! I like this more than I've liked a fragrance in a long time. With that being said, I really love the Fantasy fragrance as well. Guess I'm into that foody sweet stuff. This is like someone else mentioned...a "night" version of Fantasy. The same scent category, yet this one is more heady. The staying power is NOT as good as Fantasy, however, I like this scent a bit more. I get a sweet heavy vanillish scent from it, some fruit, almost a tobacco-like scent, sorta cherry-ish. So hard to describe. But it's a wonderful deep fragrance that I would buy again in a heartbeat. Wish they would come out with a lotion and wash in this scent.

on 6/11/2006 5:26:00 PM

There is a reason this product provokes memories of the 2 prior Spears' fragrances. I was told by a vendor of this perfume that this mixture is nothing more than the original Curious and the original Fantasy mixed together. Plain and simple. I first fell in love with this fragrance on a card from the department store Belk and I loved it so much, I actually slept with the card! I went to Belk the next day to purchase the fragrance and was shocked when I put it on at home, because it smelt NOTHING at all like the card. In fact, it smelt at first like Fantasy and dried down to Curious. Well, I guess I know why now. Would definately not repurchase and in fact...I returned it and bought Tommy's summer fragrance. At least that one is original.

Popular Fragrances