October 20, 2014 | 2191 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - In Control Curious

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

Update on my pervious review....I love this! So sad it's LE! The bottle is cute, love the atomizer, very vintage so it's fun to spritz. It smells like warm, caramelized sugar with vanilla milk and armetto. I'm already on my 2nd bottle. I wonder when the company will stop making these...at Macy*s they have a *new* gift set which I bought. The gift set had a regular sized bottle of In Control, a little "Wild Side" lipgloss (a glittery dark pink that has great vasline texture...smells & taste yummie, lol) a *small* body souffle lotion, and may I point out the main reason why I bought the gift set instead of the regualar bottle ( the body lotion smells exactly like the fragrance and makes the scent last longer...SO upset the body souffle wasn't regular 6.8 oz size nor do they sell them, only in the gift set) and a cute lepoard print jewlery box, I have too much jewlery but a few faveorite ones which fit in the box. Awesome stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenblossom32

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Caramel!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't actually buy it, I sampled it from an already torn open package in TJ Maxx. It's nothing more one of the myriad Angel rip-offs floating around the market. Whatever the notes are supposed to be, all I could smell was vanilla, chocolate and patchouli. Not bad but a bit boring....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Enigma_X

I bought this perfume as a college-graduation present for myself. I love it and think it smells wonderful. It smells warm and foody, sort of like creme brulee. I dislike the bottle, however, and it is a bit sticky, so I'm pretty much reserving it for the fall and winter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I tried this in the store today, as it's been raining here for three days straight and I'm starting to go insane. I didn't want to go out in the pouring rain after leaving the Metro, so I decided to spritz a bit from the funky black bottle - I already smelled like a rain-drenched wench, so how much worse could my smell get? (I get a little self-destructive in weather like this. If I don't see some sunshine soon, I may shave my head.)

So I tried it, fearing for my life, but it wasn't terrible, and then I was just plain confused. This is Hollywood Pink just decanted in another bottle, right? Right? I mean, it smells exactly the same: sugary/foody/sweet, little bit of a patchouli base...it's the same dang fragrance, except with the Avon you get to keep a bit of dignity by saying you are wearing "Hollywood Pink" instead of "Oh, I smell like Britney IN CONTROL" (anyone else find the name of this fragrance highly ironic? Is there one person less In Control in the Western Hemisphere? Come on, it's funny!)

My fervent wish is that the Avon company will sue Elizabeth Arden for stealing their fragrance, and they will get to repo all of Britney's Cheetos. This is a lot to ask of a lawsuit, however. A girl can dream.

Anyway, IN CONTROL. It's a little more sweet than Aqualina Pink Sugar. It's Hollywood Pink. Same juice. I don't know what else to say about it.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Vegabond

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful fragrance! I like this more than I've liked a fragrance in a long time. With that being said, I really love the Fantasy fragrance as well. Guess I'm into that foody sweet stuff. This is like someone else mentioned...a "night" version of Fantasy. The same scent category, yet this one is more heady. The staying power is NOT as good as Fantasy, however, I like this scent a bit more. I get a sweet heavy vanillish scent from it, some fruit, almost a tobacco-like scent, sorta cherry-ish. So hard to describe. But it's a wonderful deep fragrance that I would buy again in a heartbeat. Wish they would come out with a lotion and wash in this scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by beautyallie

There is a reason this product provokes memories of the 2 prior Spears' fragrances. I was told by a vendor of this perfume that this mixture is nothing more than the original Curious and the original Fantasy mixed together. Plain and simple. I first fell in love with this fragrance on a card from the department store Belk and I loved it so much, I actually slept with the card! I went to Belk the next day to purchase the fragrance and was shocked when I put it on at home, because it smelt NOTHING at all like the card. In fact, it smelt at first like Fantasy and dried down to Curious. Well, I guess I know why now. Would definately not repurchase and in fact...I returned it and bought Tommy's summer fragrance. At least that one is original.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Alexandralexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

1 squirt Aquolina Pink Sugar, 1 squirt Lancome Tresor, several shakes black pepper. Gag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 4:16:00 PM More reviews by MadameFabulina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really isn't an "honest" review, since I am only smelling this via a sample card I sprayed at Macy's a couple of hours ago, but every time I pick it up to smell it, I like it! Having a hard time describing it, however...it is definitely sweet, but not too much so - nothing like Pink Sugar to me. In fact, every time I go back for a whiff, I'm detecting something familiar in it, meaning an old fragrance I either used to wear, or smell, on other people. Ok, I just smelled it again, and I am sorta smelling that Coty (I think) Cherry Vanilla dealio (which was too much for me), but this has something warmer in it. I need to just wear it on myself and update, lol. =) UPDATE: 6/25/06 - Ok, my BF got me a bottle and I LOOOOVE it! Definitely doesn't have the best staying power, but OMG, mmmmm, is it ever yummy! I can't stop smelling my wrists! Sweet, cakey, musky...PERFECT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the bottle and I love the scent but it doesn't last on me at all! Unless I put my arm right up to my nose I can't even tell I'm wearing it. I really wish it were stronger and longer lasting because it is a pretty fragrance.
I would not buy this again.