MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

coverage is awesome, shades selection is great, BUT THIS PRODUCT BREAKS ME OUT EVERYTIME I APPLY IT (causes white heads on my face one day after using it) and it smells bad. My shade is NW22.

DEAR ALL EXTREMELY PALE PEOPLE, LOOK NO FURTHER!! I was over the moon when they added the shade NW10 to this line, ohhh my goodness, praise the Mac gods, they realised that extremely pale people would appreciate a foundation that actually matched they're skin tone too!!!!
I have oily skin and bad acne, this foundation actually stays on my face, not only that but it stays colour true during the day as well...no seriously, I'm not pulling your leg! It provides moderate coverage however it's builable without caking or giving that dreaded greyish look! It's also beautifully lightweight!
However one downside, it doesn't come with the pump, buying the pump won't kill your bank balance but come on Mac!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay i have had this product well over 1 and a half years now, i have combination skin with slight sensitivity.

1) Its medium buildable coverage good for those who have decent skin but still have a few blemishes and pigmentation here and there

2) I hated the original packaging it was a screw on lid, come on mac you made me buy an additional pump for $8. Customer service wah?

3) The pigmentation is good and is it a semi matt finish.

4) I have fairly clear skin and when i put this on i feel like it looks to fake and cakey on me. So now my routine is BB cream as a base and Bare minerals original powder on top with a flat kabuki brush. Try this combination and you will have people asking you everywhere what do you use ;)

xoxo

I'm NC15 (a bit lighter than that but I can only use NC13 in winter and I don't wear makeup in winter much so I stick with NC15) and apply with a 132 Mac brush and I look airbrushed and photoshopped (cue screaming).

The coverage is fairly medium and it's a bit less of a matte finish than I would've liked (not quite satiny though) but I got so many compliments on my 'good skin' and 'natural glow' wearing this so I happy with it.

The in-built SPF15 factor claim may be a bit dubious however. I was viciously burned in a 3 hour car journey (stuck in traffic) on a semi-cloudy, occasionally sun peaking out from the clouds autumn day. I ended up lobster red and blistering. Use actual sunscreen, don't be fooled by the SPF15 claim.

This foundation layers ok with sunscreen, I clean and moisterise then put sunscreen (wait for it to dry), THEN primer, and finally this foundation and it looks great.

Putting finishing powder on it doesn't do much to mitigate the slight shininess of the finish and will make you look caked/less polished but when you go out into natural light, no one will notice.

Don't wear this under artificial lighting conditions however, once you pass the 3-4 hour mark, without any touch-ups YOU WILL GLOW AND NOT LIKE THE MOON OR A PREGNANT LADY BUT MORE LIKE THE COUNTER AT MCDONALDS THAT NEVER GETS CLEANED.

Try other foundations for more cover/longer lasting durability but this one is breathable for the skin (MY sensitive skin at least) and is very layerable (combine with other foundations).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation in NC25 is a perfect match for my skin tone. It's a medium coverage foundation and it will last you a long time. You only need a small amount. I bought the pump at the MAC store to go with it. I've had this since March 2015 and I can honestly give it a pretty good review from using it on and off. It breaks me out. I have super sensitive skin, though. I use it on and off because my skin cannot handle it. It's sad, because I really love it! I'm hesitant to try other MAC foundations because I'm not sure if they will also break me out. This foundation doesn't oxidize for me, but sadly once I run out I won't be repurchasing. I may try the powder foundation next time. Haven't decided yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

AMAZING foundation. Over the years I've tried other brands like Clinique and they failed. I've been using this for years and it was the perfect match for my skin tone. I have combination skin with oily in the summer and dry in the winter. It doesn't dry me out or leave an oily residue. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I first tried this foundation it broke me out horribly and I could never wear it. I got it back in 2013 on Christmas and wore it probably 5 times throughout 2014 to give a more full coverage to my other foundations. But each time I would still break out. Although, back then I wasn't as skilled with makeup as of now, but in 2015 I absolutely love it! I think applying it with a beauty blender is what really allowed me to love this foundation. But for some reason my skin doesn't react to it anymore which is strange but amazing ! It handles my oils very well even though I still have to powder. Fix+ is also my best friend with this ! Cons: Had to buy a pump which is annoying considering the price , and it smells like paint !

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation makes me look absolutely flawless. I'm truly an NC25 so this is the only foundation that matches me spot on. It lasts all day and all night. Of course this is cakey. When you wear this, you're wearing makeup - there's no doubt there. I usually don't set it with any powder because I have normal skin but I'm not sure how good this foundation is at oil control. I don't mind the scent surprisingly but I do notice that it clogs pores if I wear it for a week straight

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Overall it's an ok foundation I find, I'm giving it 3 stars cause I don't really like the super matte finish it gives me when I apply, it really isn't natural at all and it makes my skin look one dimensional and flat. Also how can a foundation not have a foundation pump and what I don't get is that whenever I visit mac they have pumps on the studio fixs' they use on customers. Mac neeeds to get a pump for studio fix cause right now applying it is so annoying u always end up getting to much product but a trick I use is getting a cotton swab aka q tip for the Americans and dip it in and I get my product that way which is easier. I won't buy again cause I tend to like my foundations more natural so just so I don't waste my product I tend to mix it with the mac face and body foundation and the finish is much nicer but u don't buy a foundation just to mix with another one, I expect near perfection for 20 pounds plus, especially for a student, money is very precious to me and so should be spent on precious things and this is not cutting it at all , but If the super matte look is your cup of tea then go for it! I just wouldn't recommend lol

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've never been a fan of MAC due to the fact that the studio fix powder always broke me out after a day. After watching many YouTube videos I decided to give the Mac studio Fix fluid a try. I'm in the shade Nc45 which is a perfect match. At first I thought this would break me out too but surprisingly is works great with my skin. It has great coverage and it's easy to blend. I found that it works best when applied with my fingers in a swiping motion. The only negatives it that it doesn't come with a pump and it could be a little more creamier. Overall I'm happy with this foundation. P.s. I've been using this foundation for just over a month.