MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 1/11/2015 9:41:00 PM

IN LOVE. This is my favorite foundation of all time, didn't break me out nor does it feel very heavy. I love the way it feels on my skin and unlike most, i think i might be in the minority here, I don't really mind the way it smells. SUPER buildable and truly full coverage, depending on how heavy you want your look to be. The bottle without the pump is a little irritating, but still worth it. One problem i did have with it is that my shade is the lightest they have, and the shade up, NC 20 was way too yellow on me. The NC 15 is a little light on me..... still love it :) About the price......Im a strong believer in higher end face products, and I've noticed that they are more gentle on my skin, so invest. Totally worth your money :)

on 1/8/2015 4:40:00 PM

Sure, this foundation may be costly, but holy cow are the results amazing! And if you think about it, why continue to waste money on countless drugstore foundations that you are just not ever satisfied with? If you want to reap the benefits of this foundation you MUST prep your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize to prevent the cakey look many people get as a result of poor preparation. If you are someone with dry skin this may not be for you, but if you exfoliate and moisturize, and take care of your skin you should give it a try. I'm glad I did. One more thing, it does have a paint sort of smell and I am usually sensitive to scents similar to this but it was not an issue after applying. A little product goes a long way!!! Good luck beauties 😘

I've used Chanel matte lumiere, dior skin , urban decay nakedskin, Estée Lauder doublewear, lancome, shiseido, armani luminous silk, mufe hd and matte velvet, Temptu airbrush, and pretty much all of macs, liquid/powder foundations. I do my makeup around 7am every morning and I expect it to stay on til about 9-10 at night...I expect a lot, I know!
The only ones I've repurchased are mufe hd and mac pro longwear and fix fluid. I pretty much always apply my foundation with a beauty blender. I recently went back to fix fluid after years of fluctuating between pro longwear and hd. I used a beauty blender to apply instead of a brush and I am sooo happy with the results! I think it will be my hg again!

on 1/5/2015 2:18:00 PM

i bought this product hoping it would be a better alternative to drugstore foundations, however its thick cakey and smells of paint which is not pleasant! i know mac is like stage makeup but this foundation is unreally thick and i have non left on my face within 2 hours! I will now continue my search for a foundation that unlike this one does not appear orange and stays on your face all day!

this foundation also made me break out!!!

on 1/4/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too heavy and cakey. The colors are beautiful but i hate this

My go too foundation! Great coverage. Makes my skin look super smooth.... almost flawless. I always get compliments when I wear it. Pros: Beautiful full coverage Easy to apply Cons: Need to powder often to control the oil Pricey Highly Recommended!

From reading other reviews I have found this foundation is a bit like marmite - you either love it or hate it - well I guess I'm on the love side.

PROS
- It gives a perfect base to contour, highlight etc.
- It has really good coverage
- Covers my extremely red cheeks!
- Lasts around 6-8 hours on my skin, even though I constantly touch my face throughout school days and don't touch up
- It has a very thick smooth consistency that buffs into the skin
- Can be applied with your fingers, a buffing brush, a flat foundation brush or sponge (But I do prefer to use a buffing brush to get a natural but full coverage finish)
- Powder isn't always needed if you have drier skin as it will dry fairly natural/matte, but it gives a gorgeous flawless finish with powder too!

CONS
- It would be best to buy the pump for £4 which then makes the product £26 instead of £22 as it's a bit tricky to get product out of the bottle without it spilling everywhere with no pump!
- Odd paint-like smell (however this did strangely grow on me)

Overall, I would recommend this foundation to anyone!

on 1/2/2015 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Do not purchase this, first of all it smells like straight up paint. Also, the coverage is cakey and yucky. Not to mention this acne it gave me. I'd choose my revlon colorstay ANYDAY over this junk.

Do not buy this product!! I love all of MACS eye, lip and nail products. But this foundation has brought me distress. I bought it just over two months ago. I've always had decent, clear skin. But since using this, I have developed what looks like acne. Even to the point where I went to the doctors and got special creams, yet nothing has stopped the spots. Until I stopped using the studio fix fluid. Seriously, although it gives you full coverage, it will leave you breaking out and in despair. X

on 12/30/2014 1:21:00 PM

This foundation can be perfectly matched to your skin which is amazing however in my opinion, is not worth the hype. It's marketed as a 'high coverage foundation' when in reality it's completely not. I have a few spots but I wouldn't call it acne, however it fails to create a perfect base that other foundations can make. I suggest not to use a sponge to apply this as the liquid is so thin that most of the product will be absorbed by the sponge as opposed to your face and for an expensive high-end foundation, you wouldn't want to risk wasting it. If you're looking for a foundation to cover imperfections and make a flawless base, this is not for you.