October 25, 2014 | 1733 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

I too find great luck with Garnier Fructis products, and I love the signature scent :) The quality is excellent for the price. I used to spend alot of money on salon brand haircare, but on a single salary (family lives on), I cannot do that right now...I don't like a lot of drugstore brand hair product lines, except Fructis and Renpure. Now that the weather's cooling off, I was looking for a good inexpensive leave-in cond., sans silicones (very drying) and formulated with natural oil(s). I loved the new packaging (typography, design) of the new bottle and for $4, not a gamble. I use this on damp hair, comb through, put up in a loose chignon. I like this product much better than Sebastian Potion 9.
EDIT 11/12/11: After using this product for several weeks now, it is too heavy for my fine hair. I'm finding much smaller (gumball size) is the best amount, certainly not the "quarter-size" they say!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use to use this in high school, it did nothing for my hair!
The scent was sweet and fruity which was pleasant, but it was quiet strong. After about 1hr, the scent was soo overwhelming that my head was starting to ache, and once it does that it, the head ache stays through out the day.
This oddly enough make my hair very sticky, like I've got shampoo still left in my hair, no shine whatsoever.
The scent to this day still haunts me and I havent touched a bottle of this in like 5 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyJunkie

My hair: Extremely frizzy hair, frizzes up imediately in humidity, dry, a bit lackluster, and pretty dry ends.
I don't use heat on my hair, haven't for a year. But my hair is still partially damaged from highlighting and coloring my hair, it felt like straw....I have cut my hair 3 times to get rid of dead ends but my ends are still kinda dry

ANYWAYS PRODUCT:
First use: It felt like I put nothing in my hair, I regretted buying this.
Second use: OMG!, This is amazing! My hair is noticably less frizzy, don't know about the humidity thing, makes my hair UBER SOFT!, De-puffed my hair or is sleeker and shinier! I love it! Def repurchase,

Packaging:
Whatever, the product is what matters...tho sometimes I squirt too much :P and have to open the top to pour it back in. and I've noticed when you close it some comes out but I've dealt with products with the same top so I can deal with it.
It was like3 dollars!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by VANILLADROPZ

This is pretty amazing stuff. My thick, wavy hair is usually very unresponsive to most product and tends to do it's own thing. The sleek and shine leave in conditioner moisturizes my hair and styles it as well. I won't put it on everyday as a styling product though because it builds up a lot. I love the fresh scent of this product and I did like the effect it had when applied on wet hair and then blow-dried. I also like to just apply it to wet hair and let it dry naturally. It still gives a little bounce but also leaves shiny with a bit of wave in it. It also keeps your hair more conditioned and manageable.
However, applied to dry hair, Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream, left my hair limp and lifeless. I didnít like the effect at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

I thought this was great...until I tried bumble and bumble. I have used this for over a year and stopped when I could no longer find it in stores. It provides moisture. It's average and gets the job done. This is one of those products that I'm not in love with but would return to and always know I can count on it when need be. As far as drugstore leave in conditioners, this is definitely one of the best. If you are on the hunt for new leave in cream that's budget friendly, I reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPanda916

This is a good leave in conditioner. Some leave in conditioners say you can put it in your hair wet or dry but then it'll get hard in your hair when it's wet or vice versa and all that stuff. This one, you can apply wet or dry and it softens either way! It keeps my wavyish thick hair frizz free! One bottle can last you a year! It has for me! You don't have to use much because if you do, you'll get greasy feeling hair, so be careful!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Amberpeige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was okay, made my hair feel a little soft sometines. just wont be buying again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

This product really does make my hair have that flowy 'waterfall-ish' effect which I liked however its still a 'meh' product. It smells good and very light but it didn't change my life or anything like that. After a while I was just waiting for it to get over cause didn't make a difference to my hair.

If you have curly frizzy hair than don't buy this because it doesnot offer the extreme moisture you are looking for. Would I repurchase? Meh not really.

Feel free to check out my reviews on other hair care products and let me know if this review was helpful or not :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

This was $3 at my local Wal-Mart when I got it almost two years ago. Although I don't use it everyday, it's only halfway done.
This leave-in conditioner (plus the anti-frizz serum from the same collection, sleek and shine) is my secret to super soft hair. A lot of people ask me how I get my hair so soft, and they never believe me when I tell them that the product I use is only $3.
I take showers at night, and put this in my hair from my neck and down, once it's 90% dry. Then I put in the anti-frizz serum, go to sleep, and in the morning my hair's super soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MistyRiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely am not happy about ANY of the Garnier Fructis products. I have tried many of their shampoos and conditioners, in which they all suck and leave my dry hair even drier. The only thing I will give Garnier credit for is the smells of their products and this leave-in conditioner. This is the only thing I will purchase from Garnier because it works on my dry hair.

I apply this everytime after I get out of the shower when my hair is still damp (not wet). The cream is lightweight and a little goes a long way. I use about a nickel size. I only apply it to the ends of my hair because they are the driest. Since I have been using this, I don't have any split ends! That I can say is a miracle because I flat iron sometimes and damage the ends of my hair even more. However, this is the only product I found from Garnier to not smell as wonderful as their other products. I took off a lippie for that but it doesn't change the effect of the product and it won't leave your hair smelling bad because the smell goes away after my hair dries. I also use the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm over this so I don't really smell the leave-in.

It's also super cheap ($4-5 per bottle) and one bottle lasts me for a very long time. Sorry Garnier, just because you sold me on this product doesn't mean I'll go back to your other ones but this I will give you credit for. I hope they never discontinue this.