Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, CI 19140/Yellow 5, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, CI 15985/Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract. F.I.L. D46895/1.

on 11/5/2011 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have used this once before in middle school and I forgot if it worked or not so I bought it again about a year ago. No, I haven't used it that long. I ran out of my other leave in treatments and have been researching new ones.
Anyway, I have damaged hair that has been bothering me more often than not when it touches my neck because it is so scratchy. This is not exactly lightweight. It makes my hair feel nasty and I hate it. I now remember that I threw away the last bottle. This one is also going in the trash. Ew.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't think of any other way to describe this product other than, well, just average. My thick hair eats up a LOT of it, which is fine because its only about $2.99 for a pretty decent sized bottle, but it really didn't do any further moisturizing for me. It's decent for if you really need it, but really won't do anything to improve your hairs condition.

on 10/22/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

On Dry Hair:
Mixed results. Sometimes this will actually feel like it "conditions" my hair, it softens and makes it more manageable. More than often it will make it sticky, crunchy and the make strands of my hair seem permanently wet.

I don't like surprises so I do not use this product on dry hair. Neutrogena's leave in is the only good one I've found for dry hair.

Wet hair that is then blow dried:
Leaves my hair very soft and smooth at the ends.

on 10/21/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I decided to buy this to help moisturize my dry hair. In addition to being dry, it's also very coarse and very long. It just drank up the conditioner, meaning I didn't get a lot of applications out of the bottle. I didn't notice a huge difference, but because it was cheap, and I didn't see negative results, I bought another bottle.

I think on my second bottle, I started to realize the cons of this product. It does smell nice, but it's a synthetic fruity, sugar smell. And it does hydrate initially, but once my hair dries, it goes back to feeling dry. It doesn't defrizz, or smooth my hair, and it weighs it down. Getting it out of the bottle is a challenge and getting it onto my waist length hair evenly is a difficult!

I won't buy another bottle because I simply don't see it's usefulness. I know others have had better results, but for me, it just might be better to deep condition once a week, and resume my search for a leave-in conditioner that works better for me!

on 10/13/2011 10:22:00 PM

I have used this product for a while now. I am on my second bottle already. It makes your hair so soft, and i feel like it also ahas a small hold to it, because my hair has more bounce to it when i use this. i will repurchase.

on 10/13/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently heard about this product and although I was hesitant, decided to try it out. It is very expensive, and I don't find the scent to be over-whelming at all (as many people seem to be describing it).

Initially, I was worried about the scent too because in the past I have used some Garnier products with very strong scents. I was surprised that this product does not leave my hair greasy, and helps it feel more conditioned and manageable. I have hair that can be incredibly frizzy and this has not fixed that but I would imagine that it could be the fix for someone with hair not quite as crazy as mine.

I really do enjoy using this product and have been using it everyday. I think it is a great addition to my routine.

on 9/26/2011 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I too find great luck with Garnier Fructis products, and I love the signature scent :) The quality is excellent for the price. I used to spend alot of money on salon brand haircare, but on a single salary (family lives on), I cannot do that right now...I don't like a lot of drugstore brand hair product lines, except Fructis and Renpure. Now that the weather's cooling off, I was looking for a good inexpensive leave-in cond., sans silicones (very drying) and formulated with natural oil(s). I loved the new packaging (typography, design) of the new bottle and for $4, not a gamble. I use this on damp hair, comb through, put up in a loose chignon. I like this product much better than Sebastian Potion 9.
EDIT 11/12/11: After using this product for several weeks now, it is too heavy for my fine hair. I'm finding much smaller (gumball size) is the best amount, certainly not the "quarter-size" they say!!!

on 9/14/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use to use this in high school, it did nothing for my hair!
The scent was sweet and fruity which was pleasant, but it was quiet strong. After about 1hr, the scent was soo overwhelming that my head was starting to ache, and once it does that it, the head ache stays through out the day.
This oddly enough make my hair very sticky, like I've got shampoo still left in my hair, no shine whatsoever.
The scent to this day still haunts me and I havent touched a bottle of this in like 5 years.

My hair: Extremely frizzy hair, frizzes up imediately in humidity, dry, a bit lackluster, and pretty dry ends.
I don't use heat on my hair, haven't for a year. But my hair is still partially damaged from highlighting and coloring my hair, it felt like straw....I have cut my hair 3 times to get rid of dead ends but my ends are still kinda dry

ANYWAYS PRODUCT:
First use: It felt like I put nothing in my hair, I regretted buying this.
Second use: OMG!, This is amazing! My hair is noticably less frizzy, don't know about the humidity thing, makes my hair UBER SOFT!, De-puffed my hair or is sleeker and shinier! I love it! Def repurchase,

Packaging:
Whatever, the product is what matters...tho sometimes I squirt too much :P and have to open the top to pour it back in. and I've noticed when you close it some comes out but I've dealt with products with the same top so I can deal with it.
It was like3 dollars!

on 9/5/2011 10:36:00 PM

This is pretty amazing stuff. My thick, wavy hair is usually very unresponsive to most product and tends to do it's own thing. The sleek and shine leave in conditioner moisturizes my hair and styles it as well. I won't put it on everyday as a styling product though because it builds up a lot. I love the fresh scent of this product and I did like the effect it had when applied on wet hair and then blow-dried. I also like to just apply it to wet hair and let it dry naturally. It still gives a little bounce but also leaves shiny with a bit of wave in it. It also keeps your hair more conditioned and manageable.
However, applied to dry hair, Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream, left my hair limp and lifeless. I didnít like the effect at all.

Popular Styling Products