April 18, 2014 | 573 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

i really like these eyeliners, however, zero isnt the best black eyeliner out there. its not incredibly black, nor is it COMPLETELY waterproof. i like to use it on my waterline and tightline, and occasionally on my upper lash line under liquid liner, though it smudges a little bit.
if you have very oily skin/eyelids, i wouldnt recommend this to you. it is a good everyday black eye pencil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by samology

Picked up the Smoked set from Sephora at a 40% discount (SGD$39 for a set of 6 travel-sized Glide-On Eye Pencils) because of all the raves & I have to say I am massively disappointed.

First day, I tried it on the waterline since it's supposed to be really good for the waterline. I first primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, & then did what was recommended - lining the waterline, letting it set for a minute & repeating twice more. Went to work (in an air-conditioned office) & within 4 hours, the outer corner of my eyes have some smudges, & I was beginning to have racoon eyes. The line has also faded unevenly to dots across the waterline.

Second day, giving it another try on the lash line. Also primed with the UDPP, & then lining my eyes above the lash line & letting it set for about 2 minutes. Looks good, left for work. Arrived at work (half an hour later) to find that some of the eyeliner has transferred to my crease (I have monolids) even with UDPP & letting the liner set.

Thank goodness I didn't spend SGD$30 buying a full-sized eyeliner. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil has got to be one of the most popular eyeliners on the market. Almost everyone has tried this pencil, Urban Decay wouldn't have it any other way, they include it as a gift with purchase with almost every palette they sell! A lot of people absolutely swear by these eyeliners, so I was very excited to try Zero. Urban Decay says that their 24/7 Eyeliners are "the best eye pencils ever, ever, ever! Never before has a pencil been this creamy and brilliant been waterproof too! Velvety soft, this never before seen formula stays soft and creamy for blending, then dries down to a long lasting finish that will not budge. Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. With jojoba oil, vitamin e, and cottonseed oil." Urban Decay offers 24 shades of their 24/7 Glide On Pencils. I got a .8g (.03oz) mini pencil as a gift with purchase at Ulta. This mini pencil has a value of roughly $10. The full sized 1.2g (.04oz) pencil retails for $19. Urban Decay products can be bought at Sephora, Ulta, the brand's website, and I believe some department stores. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand that offers a large selection of vegan products (including the subject of this review!). This eyeliner was made in Germany.
I feel like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil's packaging is almost iconic in a way. We've all seen it, and immediately recognize it. The traditional wood pencil is always coated in a color that matches the product, in Zero's case, it's black. The Urban Decay and 24/7 logos grace the front of the pencil, along with the shade name. A bit of general information can be found on the back. This pencil is topped by a silver plastic cap that stays on firmly, guaranteeing that the creamy formula will stay that way.
I have heard so many of my favorites bloggers rave and rave about Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils, so I expected to be absolutely blown away by it. Was I? Well..to be honest, no. Upon first swatch I was very underwhelmed. I couldn't believe how average this eyeliner is! It's not bad, but it also doesn't seem any better than my drugstore eyeliners. The texture is soft and creamy as promised, and it really does glide on like the name suggest, but I've used even smoother eyeliners. This eyeliner stays put perfectly on the lash lines, but it's waterline wear time is only slightly better than average. I get roughly 4-5 hours of wear on the waterline and 8-9 on the lash line. This eyeliner smudges out no problem and sets after about 45 seconds. My real disappointment with Zero is that isn't very dark. I guess that's what Perversion is for, but still. Urban Decay calls Zero a "zealous black", but I'd call it more of a soft black. I've heard so many YouTube gurus and bloggers say that Zero is sooooo black. What other black eyeliners have they been using?
By no means is Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil a bad product, but I feel really disappointed. This was my first high end eyeliner and I expected it to be super fantastic, and unfortunately I feel that this eyeliner's quality is on par with drugstore eyeliners. Actually I find Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil to be shockingly similar to Covergirl's Liquiline Blast pencil! I'll contine to use this black eyeliner, I'll even finish it, most likely, but I won't repurchase it. I've already found my favorite black eyeliner. If you like to spend a bit more on makeup, you've probably already tried this product, but if not it's worth checking into. That being said, I don't feel like this ia must have product, and not worth my $20, especially when I've found a near spot on drugstore dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by nlvpcohjmis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's the best black liner I've found so far, but I'm far from perfectly satisfied. It glides on smoothly if sharp enough, but as soon as the pencil starts dulling a little you get nasty little chunks in your bottom lashes and it ends up looking a little sloppy. Also, if you're using it on your waterline, it migrates down to clump into your lower lashes a bit as well. That being said, I continue to buy/use it because I haven't found anything better -- on the upside, it does last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ribbongal6941

I don't have too much experiance in pencil eyeliners but I think this is a really good eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by cjbanick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in my Ipsy bag, so the only reason I would say I'm not going to repurchase is simply because I refuse to spend twenty bucks on a stick of eyeliner. Anyways! I personally really like this eyeliner. I'm normally not a fan of non-kohl eyeliners, as they never seem to work on me, but this really did the trick nicely. I will admit that it's not great for waterline, but that's to be expected with most eyeliners, in my opinion. I like that it glides, that it's soft, and that it's very blend-able. I do, however, wonder about the consistency of the manufacturing. A lot of people have gotten sticks that are just dried-up and waxy. I was lucky, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

nice liner...but used on waterlines it doesn't last. when I use it on my lashline it's not so bad. I got this in a set a long time ago and haven't finished my pencil yet.. I use lots of other colors of liner so it can take awhile for me to finish anything. I may buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this eyeliner. It is long lasting for a pencil, but not nearly as long lasting as some of my gel eyeliners. I have noticed that If I use a very small amount of this (thin line), it lasts all day. If I try to do the same width of a line that I do with my gel liners, it will not last more than three hours and will be smudged all over my lid and brow. So, this is an easy and quick liner for a subtle look. For anything else, I'd go with a gel liner. My favorite is Revlon Colorstay gel liner in Noir Black. It lasts exactly as applied all day even in the hottest weather (I live in Arizona) through the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, keep in mind: I use pencil eyeliners only on my waterlines. With that being said, i am content with other less expensive pencils; i would never pay $19 for one. I have 3 pencils of zero because they come with either shadow palettes I've purchased or the XL eye primer i love. I will be honest and say that i was very excited to get a zero pencil with my primer (set) because i knew i wouldn't spend 19 on just the pencil. Anyways, this is a GREAT dark pigmented black. It looks really good on my water lines and definitely the best I've tried. It's so smooth and creamy. I have never applied it on my lids though so idk how that would go.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having only recently tried the 24/7 liners, I knew i would love them. Pigmentation, longevity, range of colors are great. With Zero however, I have to be very careful using it because it's sooo pigmented that I'd get raccoon eyes if I just swipe it across without thinking. I don't' look great in black eyeliner, it's somehow too stark, at least to me. I prefer their browns -- Stash, Whiskey, Bourbon.