September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I usually like avene products although they had some really bad ones too. I wanted to like this product because my face felt so soft and supple and glossy shiny after applying it. The cream is thick white color and kind of thick to apply, but it's easy to rub on and melts within skin contact. It never caused iciness, unlike some other skincare I've tried. I guess this is due to sulfur content that's supposed to kill bacteria.

with all the wonders it deliver, it broke me out. I don't get it. It's supposed to be for after facial treatment. Is it too rich in ingredients or what? It broke me out 1st time, I consider maybe because of weather change, it broke me out 2nd time, I thought it maybe my period hormonal stuff. Now it broke me third time with no weather factors or change of hormones. I know it does not work for me. It left my cheeks, esp. the area nearest to nose, some tiny white milias.
invisibal under sunlight but disgusting to look in bathroom, I found that if I stopped using its, those things would dissapear in two days.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kolokithaki

You should always keep a tube of this in the house. It solves any minor skin ailment amazingly fast. I even used it on my sons bum when he was a baby with nappy rash. Excellent and healing spots that you couldn't leave alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Lenna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I rarely rave about products but this one I can't stop talking about. I did 2 TCA peels in the last couple of weeks and this cream which I used after the peels completely calms and neutralizes the redness/sensitivity and best of all it does not clog my acne-prone skin. I can put a thick layer and go to bed and I wake up with calm glowing skin. I don't think there's a better recovery cream out there for after chemicals peels. I absolutely recommend this product - not as a daily moisturizer - it's too thick and concentrated for a daily cream but for post-chemical peels or whenever your skin's irritated from any product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I really have to rave about this product - one MUAer recommended this for use after a chemical peel, and it really has worked wonders. I was nervous about using this on my oily, acne-prone skin since it contains mineral oil and is pretty thick - but this causes hardly any breakouts at all. Really soothes the skin and keeps it protected during the recovery process. My post-chemical peel swelling and redness has really gone down and it heals breakouts as well. I did notice that the water seperates from the cream in the tube - it's better to squeeze this into your palm and "mix" the two together before you apply. I tried this on my eczema but it did not help at all - actually made it worse! Only negative thing I could say about this product - it really is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My little tube of Neosporin recently expired, so I replaced it with a tube of Cicalfate. I don't think I'd pay the U.S. retail price for this, but since I only paid $8 from a French e-tailer, I think this was a pretty good deal. I have a terrible habit of picking at my skin, so I use little blobs of this on places where my skin is raw or broken. It does seem to speed up healing, though not any more than any other antibacterial ointment I've used. I tried using this as a soothing moisturizer on retinoid-irritated skin, but I think it broke me out slightly. However, it doesn't seem to clog pores or cause breakouts when I only use it on small areas of my face. It's opaque and bright white, so can be a little unsightly when dotted around my face. I always rub the excess on my hands and have discovered that it makes a great hand cream :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jestagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sorry. Kind of long. I'm 6 months pregnant, and I've been breaking out my entire pregnancy. So, to help make myself even somewhat presentable, I get bi-weekly facials from my dermatologist. Last week, I had 2 particularly large cysts on my chin that she extracted, but afterwards it was still...leaking (sorry, TMI). She said that the office was starting to use Avene Cicalfate in these scenarios because it is supposed to heal these types of blemishes faster (than something like Neosporin, WHICH I have used in the past and doesn't work well). She said it reduces inflammation and scarring. At this point, I was like yeah, whatever. It's fine. I am just going to accept my messed up skin. So, I had no expectations. She said not to put too much on (and gave me a sample). BTW, she also did NOT inject cortisone into the area. The next morning, there was no bump. The skin was healing, and I didn't notice any smaller clogged pores forming around the area. Now 4 days later, the blemish is virtually gone. I'm shocked and SOLD. I ordered the full size from DermStore this morning. Definitely HG potential.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bagella

I can't believe I haven't already reviewed this product! This is my skin saviour! I use this every night all over my face, applying lightly on my forehead (which is acne prone). This works miracles! I spray some La Roche Posay Thermal Water (I find their thermal water works better than Avènes'), let it dry a little and while my skin is still damp, I apply this cream liberally on my cheeks and temples. Keeps my normal skin healthy and radiant. I get so many complements on my flawless skin and I owe it all to this cream. Definitly HG material for me! Will never be without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Anaterma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

well, guess what, i use this product as a base for lip balm i make by just adding some essential oils like cedar wood.
it is good for my lips but not for my face! with my combi/normal skin it immediately glogges pores and so on

but i keep buying this for my lips!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

I got this cream when I lived in France. It's kind of a multi-purpose cream for types of skin ailments. I think it works OK, but not any better than Neosporin. It just has the pretty pink and white tube with the Avene logo on it. It's definitely not worth buying, unless you live in Europe--otherwise use Neosporin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Kruemmelchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally I had this product for my daughters diaper rash. Then I broke out on my chin really bad. I tried to fight it with my usual procedure:Proactiv!Didn't help so much this time...my skin was dried and the pimples red and itchy. So I thought I would give this cream a try. I put it on at night and when I woke up....WOW!!!My pimples were almost all gone..less bumpy and the nasty redness almost disappeared. This is really a miracle cream!!!I love it!You, who habe some breakouts give it a try and be amazed!!!!