Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 7/11/2013 4:48:00 PM

I love this mascara! It gives length and volume, it's super black, it never smudges or flakes, and it coats each lash evenly in one layer (it does that better than any mascara I've tried before)! However it it quite pricey but worth the splurge every once and a while.

on 7/2/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this mascara off and on for many, many years. I'm using it currently, and it is not a bad product, but hasn't exactly swept me off my feet (what mascara does?). I like it best when the tube is first opened; for some reason it thickens more naturally then. The tube I'm using right now is about halfway done, and occassionally I have to really work to not have spidery lashes. It lengthens and thickens, but sometimes it requires work to move the product around on your lashes until it gives the lengthening and thickening effect rather than the stubby heavy effect.

on 7/2/2013 11:39:00 AM

This has been my go-to mascara since Max Factor's 2000 calorie mascara was discontinued in the US. I like the overall look and that it does not smudge. But has anyone else noticed that the formula does not seem to last as long as it used to? After a few hours my lashes look bare. Plus $28 for mascara is steep. Starting to look for a less-expensive drugstore option.

on 6/24/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unimpressed - I purchased the waterproof formula which irritated my eyes ( I wear contact lenses) but my disappointment was really based on the fact that this mascara did nothing to add volume or length to my 52 yr. old aging lashes. I've gotten better results from drugstore Brand Loreal's Voluminous and Loreal's Telescope mascara.

on 6/17/2013 2:50:00 AM

I got this as a sample and Im glad because I didn't have to waste money on this. I did not like this because it clumped up my lashes and just didn't compliment them. I now use it on my bottom lashes because I don't want to waste it but I will definitely not be buying it.

on 6/14/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love, love, love this mascara! I have the waterproof kind and this stuff does not budge which is fabulous for the humid summer. I pair this with cils booster and my lashes always look amazingly long and separated. Quick and easy application without looking like I have spider legs for lashes! I definitely recommend that every woman have this mascara in their make up bag!

on 6/11/2013 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have to say I am on the fence about this stuff.
I first fell in, love with it when I was given a trial version. It was fantastic. Smooth to apply, and dark, thick lashes. It certainly upheld it's nickname, "the Rolls-Royce of mascara", But when I bought the full size, it was almost like a different formula! It clumped more than the sample and looked grayer. I don't know if it was the batch, or a change LancĂ´me made, but the inconsistency turned me off. After reading a few reviews on here, I think it might have been the brush, that the travel size brush was better quality. But again, not sure.

on 6/4/2013 8:18:00 PM

This is a very lovely mascara. I think the formula of mascara itself is very nice and luxurious-feeling-- it really glides onto your lashes. However I think the brush clumps up my lashes after about 2 coats. I will finish the bottle but will certainly not repurchase...The brush leaves something to be desired and, though it could be worse, it's definitely not worth the price!

on 6/2/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a bit confused over all the recent stellar reviews, yet the overall rating is just a bit over 3 stars. I have a mini version of this mascara (included in the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash To-Go) and I tried to use it for several days to give it the benefit of a doubt, but my conclusion is still the same. I would only use it to separate my lashes after using another mascara first. By itself it doesn't seem to do much for my lashes (I have med. length, med. body, dark lashes). It just looks like any basic black mascara on my lashes. No length or volume per se. When I did try to layer it (apply multiple coats), it just seemed to create "spider legs." Clumpy, I guess? And not very amazing at all. Oh well, like I said, it's pretty good for using behind another mascara, but not so much by itself.

on 5/29/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wonder what rock I have been living under since it took me so long to try this mascara, which has quickly become my favorite of all time (and that is saying a great deal, since I test new mascaras out nearly every three months, and my search has included both low and high-end brands). Definicils (the non-waterproof version) provides exactly what its names implies: definition. It leaves my lashes ridiculously long, very separated, and inky black (I chose the Very Black shade, since my coloring is darker). I don't use more than two coats, otherwise I start venturing into false-lash territory, which is not the best everyday look for me personally. As for volume, I also find it satisfying in that department, even though this is not the most volumizing mascara I have ever used. After several uses, the mascara has not dried up or created annoying clumps on my lashes. It also does not smudge or run at all. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who favors defined, very long lashes...it delivers on its name and is worth every penny. I will certainly repurchase.

Top Rated Lancome Products