Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 3/30/2009 8:45:00 AM

this mascara has the best staying power ihave ever encountered, which can be a good thing for many people, but for me, im pretty sure i scrubbed out a few of my own lashes trying to get this out :( and i was using an oil based remover as well...
as for length and volume, this product pretty much sucks. you have try to wipe off that excess fibre and mascara from the applicator before you apply otherwise you have waterproof prickly fibres stuck in your eyes for eternity :( this product is no good for me. the only thing its got going for itself is the staying power.

on 3/28/2009 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I took the extra step to order this mascara together with the new Lash base from an online website (Bobodave) about 3 years ago. And I have to say..I dislike this mascara. And of course I'll tell you why.

1) The comb applicator is abit awkward to use. Unlike other comb applicators, this comb only has bristles in one direction. Okay basically its like a hair comb? I am never a fan of comb mascaras because I much prefer the normal traditional mascara wand which in my opinion gives better results, for me anyway.

2) Secondly the finish is glossy like a reviewer just said. For me, not a fan of mascara that is too glossy. It doesnt work for me during the day.

3) Its too hard to remove even with baby oil/ Lancome bi facil eye makeup remover. Waterproof mascara is also not good for your lashes. With this mascara I find that my lashes become really really stiff and crunchy? It also stings my eyes slightly if I wear it too long.

In short, I will definitely not be repurchasing this because I find that other drugstore mascaras such as L'oreal voluminous and Max factor 2000 calories work much better for me.

UPDATE 27/7/2010: I recently purchased the latest version ' Lash Expander Frame Plus' and I have been loving it so far! I think the trick is to get used to using the wand applicator. If used correctly it gives me insanely long lush lashes! Also, I very much prefer the new one compared to the older version as I feel that this one does not leave my lashes crunchy. I also find that I am able to remove this mascara easily by using L'oreal gentle eye makeup remover. I am giving this mascara 5 stars because it is reasonably priced for a drugstore mascara and I definitely will repurchase this when I run out! Great value for $$$.

on 3/4/2009 7:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

YES! i love this mascara! the comb applicator takes a longer time with application, but it saves you so much time in the long run, because you don't need to get the clumps out after. why? THERE AREN'T ANY! this gives my little asian lashes the most amazing length ever! they look so long! the texture of this mascara is almost like a gel, smooth and slightly liquidy, but not runny. there are little fibers throughout the formula that attach themselves onto your natural lashes to give extra length. this lasts all day long with ZERO smudging, flaking or drooping. when applied, lashes aren't very soft, but they are not brittle either. somewhere in between. beware, this mascara is one of the hardest mascaras to remove that i have ever come across! you must. use. a makeup remover! if you're looking for a more effortless removal, you must use an oil based remover! otherwise, you have to keep working at it for a bit when taking it off. also, be careful with the application! once you get this onto your eyelid, it's not coming off unless you swab it with some makeup remover. also, this mascara will not give you any volume whatsoever, so you have to layer it with another mascara for volume. i personally layer this with loreal's voluminous or mac plushlash for a full out dramatic fan of lashes. of course, the packaging is absolutely GORGEOUS. majolica majorca packaging gets me every time... *sigh*

on 2/19/2009 11:36:00 PM

I usually have a bias towards higher end products but with mascara, I believe when you find the right one, price isn't as big a determining quality factor (unlike foundations and powders). After all, mascara should be thrown out every 3 months so I would prefer if my mascara didn't cost a bomb.

Majolica Majorca is hands down, the BEST mascara I've ever used for my straight, sparse, short (alliteration, anyone?) eyelashes. I've tried other Japanese mascaras (Canmake - too drying and clumping, Dejavu Fiberwig - unspectacular results), American mascaras (L'oreal and Maybelline doing squat), European Mascaras (YSL Fauxcils - too big a brush and heavily fragranced, Bourjois Pump up the volume - good but not spectacular results).

Majorlica Mascara is somehow waterproof but doesn't dry out and make your lashes all clumpy. They still feel soft and look fairly glossy (some people may not like this). The fibers in this product means I get unbelievably long lashes! Used with my Shu Uemura curler, I can actually see my lashes when I look straight into the mirror (they usually just point slightly downward). This mascara also holds a curl very well with no drooping throughout the day. But a waterprood mascara means you have to use a proper oil-based eye makeup remover. I use Shu Uemura's cleansing oil and it works like a charm! :)

This is a comb wand, rather than a brush wand. Some people have problems with comb wands but I personally prefer a comb than a brush wand. It somehow works better on me. I feel I get more length AND volume whenever I use a comb brush (hence why I prefer this over the black Neo version of this mascara).

Lastly, this is cheap at about RM40 (can't remember, which is about 8, or US$10)! Like I said, hands down, the best mascara I've used thus far!

on 1/20/2009 7:48:00 AM

Oh god.. this is the best mascara I've used yet!! I bought this about a month ago when I was in Japan and it wasn't very pricey at all, about $20AUD when converted. At first, the comb applicator made it seem like it would be hard to use, but after trying it out a couple times its just really fun to apply with the comb applicator :P

So I use this mascara with Shiseido's mascara base and its so amazing!! I was using DiorShow Iconic previously, and it was good, but I found that eventually the curl would droop down throughout the day....HOWEVER, when I tried out MJ Lash Expander, I was seriously amazed, haha - throughout a 15-16hr day, my eyelashes practically did not droop at all. I even went to sleep one night and the curl was still there, but had dropped a bit. I also have really stupid and stubborn lashes that never curl and so many mascaras have failed on me.

Not only that, but the mascara really makes my lashes longer, and it's great, since I also have really short lashes. I'm actually able to see my eyelashes in photos, which is a huuuge step up from before :P. There isn't much clumping at all too, which is great. Sometimes there's some random lashes that just stick together, but those can be separated easily with a lash comb so it's not really a big deal.

The only bad thing I have to say about MJ Lash Expander is that it is a bit hard to remove, but since the mascara works so well, that's no problem :D

on 1/17/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

On my 3rd tube of this, this stuff is seriously smudgeproof! I use it on my lower lashes and it really lengthens them. However, I find that it tends to clump a little when I use it on my upper lashes. The packaging is adorable and the price is very reasonable!

on 1/17/2009 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

really luv this product, my HG mascara right now!
It's still looks natural & curly while i used it all day long and the price is quiet good for the quality, definitely buy it again especially it can makes my lash more length :)

on 1/17/2009 3:32:00 AM

I'm reading through some of the negative reviews on here, and I wonder if those reviewers know HOW this mascara is supposed to be used. I got this from Japan and you're supposed to use it AFTER you apply on your regular mascara. The user is supposed to apply it at the tips of the lashes, brushing it outwards multiple times until a desired length is accomplished. It's a lengthener; you're not supposed to use it alone on your bare lashes. I know this because I read various Japanese beauty/fashion magazines and a lot of them feature this mascara.

Now onto the review, I would definitely purchase this again. It is in the same category as the Fiberwig mascaras and Givenchy Phenomenon Eyes mascaras, where the liquid is rubbery and you brush and brush until you get the length you like. Except for this mascara, it's supposed to be used only at the tips after you apply your regular mascara.

on 1/14/2009 10:27:00 AM

The best mascara I've ever tried! And I liked it a lot! It lengthens and holds up curls for the whole day! Seriously! On the down side, it's very hard to remove as it is super waterproof. But I don't really mind. :) So 5/5! Recommended!

on 12/14/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It really holds my curl all day long and as they say, it lengthen my lash beautifully. But the waterproof solution makes it hard to clean up.

Top Rated Shiseido Products