November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by PinkB31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am on my third bottle of this stuff. Last year, I went to have microdermabrasion. The aesthetician recommended Facial Cleanser II. I graduated to III and have used it since and my skin has remained as nice as it was after I finished microdermabrasion. I put this on when I first get into the shower and use a washcloth to clean it off at the end of the shower. Glycolic acid has done wonders for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is a magic bullet in the war against light/moderate and even hormonal acne. I've been using it for about a week and it has eliminated everything from those tiny darkened pores on the nose ("strawberry seeds" I think they're called) to deep inflamed cysts. GONE. I use it twice a day, applying to dry skin and letting it sit while I brush my teeth and shower, then rinsing with warm water and patting dry. I can't stop marveling at how smooth and glowy and impeccable my skin is. My acne scars are starting to fade. But above all, I'm not getting ANY new blemishes, not a single one, and the lovely little sting tells me it's working. My skin is sensitive and I went straight to Level III, so you can too! It's $30 per smallish bottle but I'm going to keep buying this--best cleanser I've ever used, by far. A cleanser that actually DOES something--a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ljavy8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using MD Forte Cleanser III for about an year now. I never had severe acne as a teen (not that I didnt get pimples just not severe). But at age 23 I started to get acne all over my forehead and nose. My dermatologist gave me this but now I buy it from SkinCareRX.com (they always send you little freebies!)
My skin is so smooth because of this! It doesn't clear up all the little bumps on my forehead but I sure notice a difference if I stop using it. 1 bottle lasts me about 3 months so at $25 its definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by truenorthbelle99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROLOGUE: I am rating the product I purchased at skinstore.com., not from my dr.'s office. HUGE HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY!

LADIES (and guys too)! I ONLY purchase MD FORTE products from my dr. NOT ONLINE! I have purchased online at skinstore.com and there is a HUGE difference!! If you go to mdforte.com, you'll see that the products have higher concentrations of acid...ie: facial cleanser III has 30% as apposed to 20%. Also, you cannot purchase these products from mdforte.com without your dr's permission. You require a code. I'm not sure why, but the product you by from the doctor is MUCH HIGHER quality and your dr. can assess which product is best for you. The quality of the online md products seem to be comprimised. Also, I have purchased products that have the MD Forte name on the bottle. When I go to the MD FORTE.com store online, I notice that product doesn't even exist in their catalogue !!!

I have used FC III for years. I decided to purchase online because I'm too lazy to go to my dr's office. Well, I purchase the FC III from skinstore.com. I did not pay attention to the acid content. My skin is accustomed to the 30%. I noticed my skin was not what is was. I was breaking out more, I was seeing more lines. It was dry and cakey. I even left the product on over night to see if that would make a difference. It didn't. I think the product itself is not a bonafide MD Forte. How they get away with using the name is beyond me. I went back to my dr., bought the 30% and BAM!!!!! My skin is fabulous again. I also use on my arms (got rid of my KP COMPLETELY) neck and chest. I will never purchase these products online again. I also purchase the rest of the Forte products from a dr. After seeing my dr., I know what to purchase and at what % to start with. Gradually you build up to the highest level. You're skin will maintain it's clarity and glow once you've done this. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT 110%..just not the online versions. I am 39. My skin looks 25. I get compliments ALL the time that I don't look my age. It has treated my lines and wrinkles, firmed and toned my skin...and I don't need foundation if I don't want feel like. I have used this product since I was 25. That might be a huge factor. I also use the FC III on my body twice a week to exfoliate. My skins really does glow!

PS...I do leave this strength on for about 10 minutes. Then I moisten and rub very lightly all over my face, neck and chest. I wash off with a COLD cloth.

I hope this helps y'all out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by miz_walker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG cleanser. I am a 31 year old Afr Amer woman who developed adult acne. NOTHING has worked like this stuff. The key to using it is to massage into dry skin, allow to sit for as long as you can take it, wipe off with wet cotton pads or warm wash cloth, then splash with water to remove the rest. This really helps the glycolic go to work and penetrate your skin. The cotton pads/ wash cloth is great for exfoliating. You will see dry skin flakes on the wash cloth. I alternate between Levels I and III. I actually do masks with III for ocassional deep penetrating. But I use Level I daily in combination with the Level I Facial lotion and Retin-A. No need for higher than Level I for daily use if youre using other glycolic products and an acne treatment like Retin-A.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by enyafan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hands down, the BEST cleanser for acne prone skin....my skin is super sensitive, but very acne prone. I can't use moisturizers because they clog my pores, so I just use this cleanser, nothing else...and oh my gosh, my skin is close to flawless. I rarely break out now, my skin is even and glowing. Plus my scars are fading....this is truly a miracle in a tube!!! I also use MD Forte lotion 2 as a spot treatment on blemishes when i 'rarely' break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Ch3r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG. I'm pretty tough skinned. I've done tons of things to my skin as I am acne-prone (not as much now that I'm older and finally have the hormones under control--ladies if you're having problems with your skin and nothing seems to fix it, have your doctor checkyour hormones it will change your life). I've used used glycolic cleansers for years starting with the Serious Skin Care line. Glycolics are the best as they remove all that make-up and dirt off your face without the needs of a make-up remover. One day I decided to go all the way and try something super strong. I kinda felt like, my skin wasn't as bright as I wanted it despite the fact that I used a microdermabrasion cloth daily (also a life-saver). The first time I tried this I totally saw a difference. How I noticed? On my webcam. My skin just looked cleaner and brighter and I was instantly in love. It usually doesn't sting except on those days when my skin needs a good scrubbing. It's basically telling me that some serious exfoliation needs to be done and I need to do something to help it do the work. The price is OK for a glycolic. I get mine from skinstore.com and use an online discount code. It's actually cheaper than going on ebay so don't waste your time waiting for something cheap to come along. This stuff i great. I never use anything else EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by dairie816

Wow...after lurking on here for a few weeks, I took the plunge and decided to purchase this cleanser. I wasn't sure if I should get II or III because I have been using a glycolic cleanser for a few months now that was only 12% glycolic compound. But I'm SO glad I picked the stronger one!! The results on this are amazing. My time-of-the-month breakout has gone down very noticeably in only two days and my skin feels like SILK. The rest of my skin (where there isn't a pimple) looks poreless. Redness is also toned down, and my skincare products afterwards absorb so much better. This is definitely quickly becoming HG for me. Use on a clean DRY face!! I massage it in for 4-5 minutes, add al ittle water, massage more, and rinse.***UPDATE ON 5/3/07*** okay, so for whatever reason I haven't used this in forever and I've been having breakouts and dry skin...I just used this this morning. I rubbed it onto my skin and left it there about 5 minutes, rinsed off and towel-dried my face to find....ALL the dry areas flaked off to reveal smooth skin and all the flaky skin around old pimples has also completely flaked off! My skin seriously looks about a zillion times better. Happy rediscovery!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Kathy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in the evening after I remove my makeup with a foaming cleanser. This product is strong so sensitive skins beware. The glycolic works to lightly exfoliate my skin and keep it clear. I strongly believe in the benefits of applying acids to the skin to keep it exfoliated and young and fresh looking and this product delivers. It can be a bit drying in the winter but I use Epidermx Microdermabrasion twice a week to remove the flakies.

I consider this product as more of a treatment than I do a cleanser because that's how I use it. I'm on my 3rd bottle and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for a few years. It's a great cleanser, especially if your skin is oily and can tolerate the higher percentage of glycolic acid. I used to use prescribed glycolic acid but since I no longer see a derm, this is a nice option to have. Highly recommend.