New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 6/7/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I been trying to find a nice deep red lipstick just to try to do a pin up girl look. Its rich and moisturizing for about $0.99. Great lipstick for so cheap! When I put it on, its not too bright yet not to plain. Sometimes i wear this alone or it off with a clear gloss.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the first red lipstick I've ever worn. I saw a picture of a friend of mine, and I was instantly smitten with her lipstick. She told me what it was and I went out and bought it. 99 cents! Great coverage, smells nice, you can build it up easily. I do love this.

on 5/31/2010 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Others have described the color and quality of this lipstick very well. I have only this to say: **HOW** is this little gem a mere 93 cents??? I will be purchasing a backup on my next trip to the drug store. Ladies who have not tried this lipstick are missing out. It's truly something special.

on 5/30/2010 3:43:00 PM

I tried Retro Red from the NYC collection a couple days ago & was impressed at the quality for a mere $0.99! (Im a die hard MAC lipstick fan). I decided to pick up the sheer red today. Wow, this is just as nice just different in tone & formula. This looks very dark & opaque in the tube & honestly I doubted itd be very sheer. But I thankfully was wrong. Im fair toned/med light toned in the summer & this did not at all look too bright or clownish. This was a very pretty berry brickish color once applied where as the Retro Red is a more bright opaque true red. They are both lovely & for 99 cents a steal for any budget. I'd say Sheer red is just a bit more wearable whereas retro red is more a night on the town red!

on 4/22/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this cheap little lipstick! It's only 99 cents and I like to dab it on very lightly to give my lips a nice and pretty red stain. I was afraid that it would be too dark and garish, but the color is actually buildable, so you can control the application. I personally love the simple and clean "red-tinted lips with basic black eyeliner" look, so I definitely reach for this all the time! It might be a bit drying (depends on the weather for me), so make sure to prep your lips with lip balm first! A bit of moisturizing gloss on top will also help. The only thing I DON'T like is the cheap packaging. It's light, flimsy, and the lipstick bullet doesn't twist all the way down.

on 4/15/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

buy this for a red lip with subtle impact ... if you are not into glamour and vintage looks this is the red lipstick you should start out with. It is cheap. It is sheer and gorgeous. And it is not an investment in a red lippie by YSL but a good, simple straight forward neutral red (with a bit of yellow undertone) which suits most skin tones. I think I like this more than my NARS Flamenco!

You cannot go wrong with this investment... for the price, it is perfection.

on 4/15/2010 9:05:00 PM

When I first tried makeup as a teenager I hated the thickness, texture, smell, and taste of lipstick on my lips. This lipstick has completely won me over. It's smooth, creamy, light, has no discernible taste and a very mild scent. It reminded me of lip balm.

Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Nice sheer (duh! it's in the name) berry red that is very wearable. Glossy, but not over the top, finish. A real winner at 99 cents. This color is exactly like MAC's Spice it Up, though if you're a lipstick snob and prefer a name brand. Beautiful color.

on 3/14/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a red lipstick fanatic and thought I'd try this after seeing it come up in so many posts. I like the subtle berry scent. The lipstick goes on smoothly with a shiny but not greasy looking finish. After a couple hours it started feeling tacky but lots of lipsticks do that on me for whatever reason. Overall, gives a nice "bitten" flush to the lips and is a pleasant alternative to my heavier, opaque reds.

I have Lipstick Queen Medieval coming in the mail. I'm curious to see how they compare.

EDIT 3/18/10: I tried Medieval and I like Sheer Red better! Medieval went kind of orange on me and the moisturizer felt greasy. Not to mention it costs 25x the price of Sheer Red (with shipping).

on 3/12/2010 11:45:00 PM

LOVE IT! This is a really pretty, wearable red that is creamy and moisturizing. It smells and tastes perfectly fine which is surprising for such a cheap product. Yes, the packaging is not the best because you can't twist the product down into the tube. However, the pros far outweight the cons. You just can't go wrong with this at $.99.

Popular Lipsticks