December 22, 2014 | 1523 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow (All)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by retro1988

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For those who are worried that these eyeshadows will dry out on them, let me just say that I've got a pot of both the white and gold lights that are three years old, and they are still as wonderful as the day I purchased them. These shadows are AWESOME! Well worth the price. I've used them nearly every day for since I bought them, and there's STILL plenty left in each pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by 8hourcream

I adore Hydro Powers as they have the most gorge shimmer and non creasing abilites.

I like the spring colours even though they are pastelly and all lights.

I am very fond of Lemon Sugar especially and Rose Tulle, but they are very much base colours as they lack pigmentation.

Languid Lagoon is gorgeous! But I think the colours they have released are not brand new.

Languid Lagoon is blue like Aqua, Lemon Sugar is essentially almost a light gold, Rose is like Bare Pink or Spring Plum and Clover Dew is unique but light. It would be nice to have a hydro power in black (WOW!), or is a red, or in a orange...you know, something totally new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

***PIC INCLUDED***

I am reviewing Violet Visions and Green Exotique. These are really nice eyeshadows...the consistency, the application, the blending, the longevity...all wonderful. Whats nice about them is you can first apply a sheer wash, and then build up the intensity, say, at the corners of your eyes. Then it all gradients very nicely across the lid. At first, I tried doing a very bold look with the green and found it didn't suit my coloring : O But I thought, well crap, here I have it...gotta find a use for it...So I ended up using it much like a fluidline, lining just around the upper lash line, and the bottom corners of the lower, and it was really a nice look. Very pretty green softness there. So in the end, I don't regret purchasing the green at all. Plus, I think I'll play with a green/gold look I saw done and see if I can't make that work...The purple I can use all over the lid, making a smoky purple look which is really nice. Plus did I mention how nice the consistencies are? Really smooth and blendable, but also stay put.

In case it isn't quite apparent in this photo, both the purple and the green have a shimmery sheen to them, but not glittery or chunky at all. The purple has a bluish base to it, while the green has a yellowish base to it.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 9:43:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***review contains pics, please click continued***

I was really thrilled to hear that Shiseido was going to release 4 new colors of their excellent Hydro-Powder eyeshadow range for Spring 2008!

When I spotted them on ebay as a lot I definitely couldn't resist purchasing them as I am collecting those cream-to-powder shadows and the colors looked promising.

When I received the shadows I was a bit disappointed with how pale those colors looked but they looked like pretty ice-cream colors good for spring and all 4 colors turned out to be quite pretty!

Like all the previous Hydro-Powders these shadows come in little pots with a black cap...nothing fancy, just the typical shiseido packaging. There's also a little pouch with a sponge-tip applicator which is rather useful for applying the shadow. I still find that patting this on with my fingers gives a more even and pigmented finish though.
The texture has a light creamy feel to it and is easy to spread evenly. It can be layered for a more pigmented finish. The best part is that the cream sets to a powder after a minute or so and is absolutely crease-proof on me. I find that Hydro-Powders - especially the color "Glistening Sand" from Spring 2007 (check my other review) - make great eyeshadow bases, too!
All Hydro-Powders are shimmery, just the pink one has some bigger glitters in addition
Each pot contains about 6g of product which is quite a lot for an eyeshadow. I think when these shadows come out they'll retail the same as the previous colors which is somewhere around US$23 to my knowledge
Hydro-Powders don't crease or fade and I never found any shade irritating my eyes. They are fragrance-free.

There are 4 new colors for Spring 2008, bringing the total of available colors to 13!
H10-Languid Lagoon: This is a bright light aqua shade with a bit more green than blue with shimmer. I'd have preferred if this shade would have a bit more depth...it's just lacking any special kick

H11-Rose Tulle: A light pink with shimmer and some little microglitters. A rather ordinary spring color.
H12-Lemon Sugar: This is a pale yellow shade, great for highlighting or as an e/s base
H13-Clover Dew: Pale green with a slight yellow shimmer. This is the least appealing color to me.

I hope Shiseido will release more colors (especially deeper shades.....I'd d love to see a metallic taupe or gray shade for fall!)
I would rate them 3.5 lippies because it still disappoints me a bit that the new colors are so pastel...most will probably like that for spring and summer but I'd still have preferred a bit deeper more special shades. But that's personal taste
I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes.

continued >>

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:

- Nice range of eyeshadows.
- Creamy texture.
- Able to be used as a base.
- Provides sheer, vibrant colour.
- AMAZING staying power.
- Does not crease.
- Even application.
- Pot lasts for an indefinite amount of time.
- Buildable & blendable.
- Cute packaging; small but compact.
- Selected few can be used as highlighters (Whitelights, Goldlights, Tiger Eyes).
- Applicator included.

Cons:

- Expensive.
- Possibly too shimmery for certain people.

Obviously, the pros outweigh the cons here. I highly recommend Shiseido's Hydro-Powder Eye Shadows, they are undeniably one of the best eyeshadow ranges I have come across. Although it is expensive, it is well worth the price!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is THE BEST CREAM EYESHADOW OUT THERE in the universe! I cannot describe how much I love these eyeshadwos. I never liked cream eyeshadows until now. I have 2 of these and I am going on the weekend to buy a few more. I think for the price you pay you get a lot considering the fact that you don't need much to apply. A little goes a very long way!! The quality of the product is beyond superior! I just hope that it doesn't dry up as time goes on as this will last me a very very long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I absolutely adore these shadows! I have never been a fan of cream shadows, as they crease like crazy on me, but these dry to a beautiful powdery finish with absolutely no creasing. They all have a translucent, shimmery (not glittery) sheen to them. They go on sheer, but you can build up the color to be as intense as necessary. They're super easy to apply (I use either my finger or a small eyeshadow brush) and blend. At $23 USD, these may seem like a splurge... but, really, you only have to use a tiny bit of the product each time you use it, so it will last you forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by si_luthuna

I love this whole line of cream eye shadows! I was really excited when they came up with new colors for Spring 2007.
Violet Visions: True purple, can be used lightly for a wash of purple or layered for smoky look.
Bare Pink: Nude beige-ish pink, great for creating the nude look.
Glistening Sand: Light gold beige, I like to use it w/ Bare Pink to create a nude look.
They are very creamy but turned into powder after application. Doesn't crease even on my oily lids. My absolute fave cream shadows, I hope they come up with more colors in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 2:51:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this in the H7 Green Exotique shade. This is my first Hydro-Powder item and I LOVE it! Blends smoothly and feels very light. The color is absolutely gorgeous and builds well. The consistency amazes me in that it's cream like and also a bit gel like. Never used an eye product quite like this before. Will definitely be buying more shadows from this line. Awesome product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2007 4:18:00 AM More reviews by goldenbands

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the violet one recently, and have worn it about a dozen times since then. LOVE it. I bought Spring Plum a few years ago, but the red/green thing didn't work on me. Anyway, the purple one is awesome and lasts all day (even when I forget to use the UDPP first). The reviews below have really got me itching to buy the green one too!