October 30, 2014 | 1451 users online

Fragrances - Giorgio Armani - Armani Code for women

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I didn't buy this, but I'm very tempted to. (The cost stopped me.) I sampled the scent today, and although I'm usually a fan of super-fruity scents, I actually do like this one quite bit. I can see why it would be a great scent for going out at night. It's a little spicy, and I suppose the only other word I can think of to describe it would be sensual. The staying power is also pretty great. I did one spray about...7.5 hours ago and I can still faintly detect it. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Francesca1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this one....I get compliments when I wear it occasionally but there's something missing. I used to wear Thierry Mugler's Alien constantly and everyone commented on how good it smelt. It doesn't happen with this and I'm going back to Alien.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite fragrance. At first I didn't love it, but it really grew on me. I always get compliments when I wear and my boyfriend really likes it. I smells warm and sultry. I like the oriental and warmer fragrances, and I recommend this to anyone who is overwhelmed by the fruity fragrances. Overall, HG perfume for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Code is a spicy floral with a musk afterthought. For so-called "oriental" scents, I still prefer Yves Rocher's Ming Shu. Code is strong and may be overpowering on most women. Product descriptions indicating notes of orange, ginger, pear, and jasmine intrigued me initially, but I found the actual blend to to be barely citrus and mostly spice. This is a sensual scent that complements the night scene very well.

For the femme fatale personalities, this might be great. For girl next door types, not so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Fruitful

The bottle is GORGEOUS.

But all I can do is screw up my nose every time I try to sniff it on my arm. This is the kind of scent that made me think I hated all perfume years ago; the kind that women would wear on the train and suffocate you with.

I haven't got a sophisticated nose (yet!) but I don't detect citrus or ginger, which I might enjoy. Just jasmine gone nasty. Scrubber!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Tangi001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was NOT meaning to buy this at all!Thats because I have enough perfumes to last me till 2030 and I was starting to feel guilty about my purchases. I was wandering through the mall, bored, when I picked it up and sprayed it on my wrist on a whim. I got a whiff of dark sexy citrus and vanilla- I was hooked. I bought the small bottle and I'm loving it. Its spring here now and I can't pull this off during the day though, its much too intense for that. Not even sure if I could wear it during the day during winter. This is reserved for sexy naughty night-outs!! It reminds me a bit of Versace Crystal Noir- it has many of the same elements but where Armani has orange blossom, I get coconut from VCN

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I traveled to Europe a few years ago and could not help but notice that is seemed like EVERYONE wore this scent. At the time I had no clue what it was and was too shy to ask anyone to tell me.

Once I got home I would catch whiffs of this at work, in stores, etc. but never bothered to ask anyone about it. Finally someone at work wore it and I couldn't pass up another opportunity to find out what it was.

I immediately went to the store and purchased a bottle and wore it on a daily basis long after that.

I must admit it has a very strong, almost masculine initial scent, but once it dries it is feminine and beautiful. Can even smell soapy/clean at times.

I later bought a gift set with the lotion (which is also verrryy nice) and stored the extra bottle of perfume away in case they discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of my favourite perfumes. One of the few I never got bored of and I always repurchased. The bottle is very simple and elegant and I adore the black flowers printed on the black through purpple/blue to clear glass background. I think the reason why I never got bored of this fragrance is itīs nifty composion of vanilla, which is my all time favourite, surrouded by jasmine and orange, which adds a tiny amount of freshness. Really very sophisticated and I love to use this during the cold days. Though it has the potential to be my HG, it canīt beat my all time favourite (because my HG is Serge Lutens Un bois vanille and itīs pure vanilla scent... and itīs so obvious that I, as a vanilla fetishist, will fall for that), but Armani Code is definitely one of my favourite fragrances anyway, so it deserves 5 lippies for itīs timeless and brilliant scent-composion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by fippy4

A friend of mine, who I always thought smelled amazing kept telling me that Code was what she was wearing. However, in the store, I couldn't get past the overwhelming fragrance when initially sprayed. Then I started reading all the reviews here, and kept noticing that everyone kept saying that the dry down is great. Thank god I read those reviews! I bit the bullet, went out and bought a bottle and lemme tell you, this perfume is AMAZING! This is my holy grail perfume now. The dry down is gorgeous and very very sexy and alluring. I have never received so many compliments from men and women on how I smell/perfume in my entire life. I would like to reiterate something from one of the reviews I read here, since the dry down can take a bit to full develop, make this perfume part of the beginning of your "going out routine". By the time you are ready to go, the perfume will have settled and developed fully and smell great.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Nickilee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after trying out a sample, at first it was very 'unlike me', too sweet, too floraly, too vanilla, but I kept using it for a few days and then found myself scouring Ebay for a good deal...lol! Received my bottle today and couldnt wait to try ~ this smells even better than my sample (is that possible?). My kids said that I smelled 'REALLY GOOD' which is always a plus and now I cant wait for hubby to get home from his business trip and gove me his opinion ;) I dont think that I would wear this too much in the daytime during the summer, but its great for dinner dates and the cooler season (cant wait!) because it does have a certain 'sweet heaviness'. I am definately in love with this scent :)