Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%) , Octinoxate (2%) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane , Water (eau), Glycerin , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Diethylhexyl Carbonate , Niacinamide , Sodium Chloride , Acetyl Glucosamine , Talc , Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 , PEG-100 Stearate , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Dimethicone , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Disodiium EDTA , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzyl Alcohol , Methicone , Aluminum Hydroxide , PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Methylparaben , Allantoin , Propylparaben , Ethylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Iron Oxides

on 11/5/2009 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product several weeks ago at my boyfriend's house (the reason being that I forgot my own makeup at home and his mom's was all I had at hand). Anyway, I'm only 21 but this makeup is amazing.
I typically use MAC Select Cover Up Concealer rather than using a full coverage foundation. I like to look as natural as possible when it comes to my face and hate caked on makeup. Anyway, I tried this one day and it is an exact dupe color wise for my MAC S/F concealer. I'm an NW20 and the color I got was 110 Classic Ivory.
This feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation to me because I like to use very little product in general and this has added moisturizers. I love the convenient pump because I can dispense as much product as I need easily and efficiently and it makes it simple.
I like the consistency, it doesn't dry out my sensitive skin and the smell doesn't bother me at all!
As a matter of fact, I think its very pleasant and I enjoy it when I put on my makeup.
I set this with my usual MAC Studio Fix Powder (also NW20) and voila. Its a good deal because for $12 I get quite a bit more product than when I spend my usual $18 for MAC concealer.
Overall, this product is especially good for those who have dry/normal skin, is very convenient to use due to the pump and is blendable and easy to work with.

on 11/2/2009 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

To start off, I'm 21 years old so I can't really have an opinion on this product covering up fine line and wrinkles. I bought this pressed powder because it was the only one available at Wal-Mart at the time I was there that matched my skin tone the best and because it said on the packaging it was oil-free.
I am reviewing the Age-Defying Pressed Powder, by the way.

Anyway, I like the INITIAL coverage this powder offered (I usually wear a powder over my creme foundation) but it was just too damn oily! My face is naturally too oily anyways but I can usually cope with it by using a pressed powder; after applying this foundation though, my T-zone would become a shiny mess after, literally, 5 minutes. Also, it seems to wear off pretty quickly... after a couple of hours maybe. I don't like applying a pressed powder that isn't translucent because I don't want to add more color to my face so another wasted pressed powder (at least it wasn't MAC).

I'll probably switch back to CoverGirl Trublend. Or maybe give CG Clean or Fresh Look a chance.

on 10/16/2009 5:19:00 PM

i need good coverage and so far this is the only foundation that i can always count on to do the job. the way i use this product: moisturize first then after applying i dab on loose powder to let it set. when i do it this way my skin isn't too dry or too oily.

on 10/16/2009 11:41:00 AM

If I didn't haven't oily skin this would be my HG. My mom bought this and I tried it when I ran out of my usual Revlon CS. I haven't bothered to buy new foundation since using this because I like it so much. The pump is great, I hated waiting ages for my CS to come out. I only use half as much of this as I did CS and the coverage is literally twice as great and it doesn't feel heavy to me. Its so much easier to blend, I'm able to finish applying it much faster than I was the CS. It does have a weird floral smell but its growing on me. The only problem I have with this is that it doesn't work to well with oily skin, it would be better for drier skin. I just suck it up and bare it though because I like everything else about it. I wouldn't buy it again for myself just because I need something with more oil control, but it is a good foundation.

on 10/11/2009 10:57:00 AM

I got this for £2.99 from TJHughes and I got in compact form.The colour looked a bit dark for me in the pan but once on my skin it actually matched it quite well.I used a bare escentuals kabuki brush to apply and it went on like a dream,smoothly and evenly.I topped it with powder and it lasted a few hours.It could've lasted a bit longer but overall Im pleased with it.The compact is nice and sturdy too,would buy again.

on 8/3/2009 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love it!

on 7/17/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really was disappointed with this because the shades are so pale! The honey shade which I usually wear with CG was about five shades too light for some reason, and it's the darkest color in the line! It went on smoothly but didn't cover very well. I really loved the pump bottle. Unfortunately it had to go back because it was too light. Bummer!

I am 21 and i absolutely love this foundation. I love that when i put this on it is completely natural looking and it works for my fair sensitive skin. and i love the fact that it does have SPF in it, it is important for my skin because i have lupus. I would recommend this to anyone.

on 7/11/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm rating this a 5 because I haven't found a drugstore foundation any better than this one for dry/mature skin and I've tried several. I had to try three shades to find a perfect match for my winter skintone. In the summer I combine two shades for the perfect color. It's medium coverage and stays on for 8-12 hours. I do think it has a tendency to thicken, as many liquid foundations do, so I get a new bottle every few months.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I tried this when I saw it on sale for a couple dollars, and it was AWFUL. The first thing I noticed when I put it on was the smell...at first it was like a heavy floral smell but when I put it on it smelled like burnt plastic. Not to mention is was sticky and oily and feltheavy and greasy on my skin even after I had packed on transluscent powder to try to counteract the greasiness. I ended up giving it to my mom who has very dry skin, maybe it will work better for her.