September 18, 2014 | 1620 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SonyaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Covergirl's foundation colors just do not work for me. This liquid makeup was not a bad formula. The texture is nice and the blendability was fine. Coverage was kind of light, not as much as I would like. I think the biggest reason I didn't like it had to do with the color just not working for my skin. I tried it in those neat little tester sizes they are selling now which is a wonderful idea for drugstore foundations! This will probably work for a lot of people if you can find a nice color for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like everything about this--it's a good product. I got classic ivory and found it to be a perfect match (MAC NC20 for ref). The mousse consistency is great, and it blends smoothly and stays on. I just needed a very small bit of powder (I of course bought the matching powder, which is perfect on it's own as well) to top off-no concealer needed! I was thrilled. Satisfied.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by PUrple1976

Well, I needed a new foundation since I've been laying out in the sun, and all of my previous foundations were too light. I love Olay Regenerist, so I got this. I picked tihs up in Classic Tan. Brought it home. Love the package, very compact and hygenic. No waste. It comes out as a creamy mousee. Highly pigmented. The first thisng I noticed as I put it on my face is the smell. It reallly does reek. However, luckily the smell disappears quickly. I used too much thr first time, and it looked "masky" on me. Although, the color was pretty darn close. Tan colors in foundation are usually orange or pinky on me as I have naturally yellow undertones. However, this had the right amount of brown to really blend with my skin. So I can't complain about the color. The second time I put it on, I used about 1/2 of a pump. I thought it was going to bee streaky, but it spreads pretty well. It's a medium coverage on me and it really makes my skin look flawless. It's not matte, but not dewy either. Just healthy looking. On me, I find it looks pretty natural. I'll continue to use this, as I love the ingredients. My skin is usually on the oily side, however with all of the laying in the sun I've been doing, my skin is going more on the dry side. This brings moisture to my face without looking like an oil slick. We'll see how it lasts throughout the day...I do have acne prone skin, so I'll have to report an update if I start breaking out! But so far so good on this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by melbay

I THINK I like this. It makes my skin feel kind of tight, but I do like the fact that it does have sort of a dewey "sheen", not oily, but just reflective. Not matte at all, gives me enough coverage but isn't too heavy. I bought the little samples and will reevaluate after I'm done with them.

Edited to add: Well, this is a "trash can purchase". I've used it for several days in a row and am now a 49-year old zit queen. Cover Girl has done this to me in the past, and I was hoping this would be different, but I guess not. Would I buy again? Nope.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Cougar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually wear Cover Girl's foundations CG Smoothers, Tru Blend, and Continuous Wear in Ivory with very good results, therefore, I thought being almost 37 y/o with average to good skin this new one in Ivory would also be good if not better... I wish I had kept the receipt to get my money back. The shade in the Advanced Radiance was much darker on my face than the others in the supposed same shade. It felt greasy while wearing it. It actually enhanced my wrinkles and looked dry under my eyes even though I had not changed my moisturizing routine. It also made my pores seem huge which I never see with Cover Girl's other types I listed above. I am disappointed since this new one had some SPF and the others I like don't but I'll get my SPF from my moisturizer or spray before I'd go out with my face looking like it did with this stuff on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Turning40

I bought the sample of this in light. This is absolutely the best foundation I have ever used in my life and I will be 40 this year. This is the best color matching foundation I have ever used. It goes on silky smooth and stays on long enough for me. As long as they make this foundation I will NOT use any other. Cover Girl has always been my favorite brand of makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mukky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been trying to spend my money more wisely these days, and accordingly have been more open to d/s products. While this one is not bad and if it were the only thing available, I could wear it, but in general I don't like the coverage or the color choices. I am fair to light with yellow undertones, and while I orginally thought the color 110 Classic Ivory was a good match at home - out in sunlight it has a definite pink cast to it and I could even see a slight line at my jaw line. Also, while I don't have many skin issues, I am 42 and like a little coverage. I found this very sheer, and not enough coverage to cover the redness in my cheek area. It did go on very smoothly, but tended to 'settle' in my pores rather than smooth them - and once again - I don't have hugely big pores. I did powder it because I felt it would likely not wear well. There are problably thickening agents or something which allow it go go on smoothly that will maybe slide off me as the days goes on. I think I'll go back to the Maybelline or Revlon alternatives in my quest for a good d/s foundation. Fortunately, I didn't invest in this much, my CVS had sample tubes for purchase that are maybe 4 -5 applications worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The shade selections for covergirl remains sub-par imo. I was able to buy sample packs that contained a nuetral and a warm in light -med hues. There doesn't seem to be an indication for cool-warm-nuet on lable, but they have shades seperated by family on the web site. (It's helpful to narrow your choices that way first, because no tester display means you have to judge color through two layers of plastic under fluorescent store lighting.)
The nuetral, #120 'classic beige,' went on like calamine lotion in color, and I'm only slightly exagerating. These pink toned colors have been the historical issue w/ CG for me, I don't want to look like Mrs. Flemming from freshman english with that nasty pink mask on... The warm shade #125'buff beige,' looked a bit cool on my hand as well, but I tried it on my face today anyway. (I wear 'satin' in Iredale, about an nc25/30) It seemed a bit cool, but ended up transforming into a nice match after all. It has the slightest chemical odor, that goes away quick. The texture is thck yet airy and has a really smooth spreadibility, from 'cones, not oil. The coverage is med, needs concealor for acne scars, but glosses over light freckles nicely while keeping itself afloat over my large cheek and chin pores, and fine lines, and makes a good canvas for blush/bronzer- something I don't use everyday, but applied today to compensate for the slightly off tone match of the foundation. I find I can even pat this under my eyes, somthing I haven't been able to do w/ foundation for a loong time becaus e most tend to accentuate lines there.
I really like the texture and the matte-dewey finish. Also wore well thru the day, and not alot of transfer, but some.
They are offering free samples on their web site, and I highly suggest it before commiting to a shade. If your store has a sample pack for sale, you easily get 4-5 apps out of it, one pea size drop does my face. It's nice to get a sample that you can really test drive for a change. After using up my sample I dedcided it was worth 10 clams, I am surprised at how much I've come to like this foundation. Love the pump dispenser that keeps air and bacteria out. It could use a better spf,why it only got 4 from me. I don't think can be a summer staple, I like to cut down on the product layers for summer and need a 30 spf foundation like Iredale mineral or Revlon botafirm.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by nurse1982

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is the best age-defying makeup I've ever tried. It glides on so easily and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AngelZoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My color, Classic Ivory, is a great winter shade for me. I have used it for about two weeks now. The texture of this is very similar to my beloved HG Diorskin Liquid! In terms of coverage, this is medium, which is perfect for me. The finish is neither matte nor dewy, more silky, like Diorskin. The pump bottle is great, but it is plastic. For $10, this stuff is terrific! In terms of texture, color, finish and dispensing, it is right up there with high end. I am 48, with normal skin tending towrad dryness, after having been oily until about age 42. UPDATE: I have been alternating this product with a high end -- Sue Devitt Triple C Weed cream. I like this better. The finish is nicer (less powdery-dry) , and the CG offers better coverage. My only fear is that the rating of this product will go down as a result of women in their 20's or 30"s using it, and then complaining of breakouts. Unless you have drier, mature skin, leave it alone!