October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Sculpt

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Skin: Over 40, somewhat dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, fine lines (and some not so fine!).

Although I only gave this one a "3", it really isn't a bad foundation; however, if I'm going to spend this kind of money on a foundation, I expect a lot more than this one delivered. Pros: It is very pigmented and easily spreadable, and it comes in a terrific pump bottle. Cons: Did it lift my skin and smooth lines as promised? No, not really. Was it long-wearing as promised? Definitely not in the humid climate I live in. Was there a perfect color match for my skin tone (EL Futurist Shell Beige, Revlon Early Tan)? Nope.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I bought this on the advice of my sister. I had been using Armani with great results but wanted a change. The color match 21 is exact and the coverage was impeccable! I am very please with this excellent product. The foundation lasts all day and gives a great matt, but semi-dewey appearance. You can control the thickness of the foundation to give great coverage but keep it looking VERY natural and light. I haven't had any break out and this has an SPF of 20. This is a great foundation and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by piratequeen

I really wish this foundation had worked for me. I have good skin, but wanted a polished yet dewy look. This foundation has great coverage, and made me look poreless. However, I broke out badly(for me) the first time I used this developing a huge and deep pimple which took forever to heal. This is a beautiful product, just not for my normal-combination skin. Drier complexions could probably use this with no problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 1:02:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

Love it! Bought this at Evalueville on eBay for a fraction of the normal retail cost in my neverending quest to find a foundation that (a) provides a good color match, (b) produces a natural finish, (c) gives lasting coverage, and (d) doesn't cause breakouts. At 50, too many of the foundations for the more mature woman are too heavy and leave me with a shiny face six hours later. I love La Prairie Skin Caviar and the GA foundations but find that they are not good for all day since they leave me with an oily shine a few hours later. I am now saving those for evenings out. Make Up Forever didn't give me enough coverage to even out my skin tone so I decided to try the Diorskin Sculpt. During the workweek, I am putting foundation on at 6:30 am and not home from work until 7:30 pm, so I want a foundation with good lasting power. With the Diorskin Sculpt, I found a good color match and the coverage is just right - none of that cakey over-made-up look but just enough to even out my skin tone. I also like the finish. As another reviewed commented, it is really a satin finish. Not too dewey and yet not too matte. The most impressive quality is really the lasting coverage. I am so happy to have finally found a foundation that doesn't have me gasping when I look at my face six hours later. Stay tuned for updates! UPDATE (5/07): After a while, I found that the foundation was lacking. The coverage was okay but the color wasn't good for me so I stopped using this foundation at the beginning of the year and tried Napoleon Perdis Minimal Makeup and am now using Sisley with good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2006 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Merryn

I bought this by accident at the airport. I wandered around singapore airport after having my makeup "confiscated" and tried a few foundations on my hand and this one looked the palest. Generally even the lightest shade is too dark for me. I have this in 010. I tried it on after I got home and it is quite possibly a holy grail. It is a thick liquid, almost a creme that blends easily and has a very smooth texture. Its coverage is medium to full. I generally set this with a very small amount of powder and it lasts all day and into the night. The finish is very natural, best described as satin. I can't speak about any of the sculpting and lifting properties of this foundation as I'm only 21, but it has not caused any break-outs. It is moisturising and leaves skin soft. Packaging is a fantastic pump that looks lovely. Since buying this I haven't had any desire to search for a better foundation as for now anyway this is the perfect one for me.
Edited to add: Have been wearing this for 3 weeks now with no-breakouts! Easily lasts 14+ hours when set with powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sagacat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure if I come to a right place--if it is for capture sculpt 10 series.... capture sculpt 10 lotion/ cream, sculpt 10emusion for chin-throat and emusion for cheek.

They r awesome!!!myHG. you can feel lifted and tight when you try it...while only shortcoming is it is not so hydrated..so you should apply a layer a moisturizer additionally.The price is ex~~while it worth it~

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:23:00 PM More reviews by house_of_dayonna

I am only 20, and I know this product is meant for older women, but it looks so good and makes my skin totally flawless and dewy. I cant even begin to describe the compliments my skin receives when I wear this. I dont have any acne, but I do have oily tzone, dry cheeks, and this product, i think, helps moisturize and fight oil. $50 is not a bad price to have amazing skin day after day. a little goes a long way, so it lasts forever. hope they never stop making this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by vcm07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After going through a mid-life crises looking for my new HG foundation for this stage of life, I finally stumbled upon DiorSkin Sculpt at Sephora. While browsing another line for a new lipstick, a beautiful Dior rep interrupted me with her spiel. She was convincing enough for me to take a look at their new lipstick and gloss colors. But I was more interested in their foundations. Even though my very patient husband was in tow (it was my birthday weekend, he had no choice), I allowed the Dior rep to do a mini-makeover using Dior Sculpt foundation in 020, powder in a little darker 300, so as not to look my usual pale and ghostly self, along with a few other Dior tricks she had up her sleeve. I must say that I, who have been so disappointed with so many products the last several years, was WOW-ed! My skin finally had that flawless look that I have so desired to capture. I kept looking in the mirror again and again with amazement. Even under harsh department store lighting, I was extremely impressed. Most in-store make-overs I've done have never made me look very good at all. I usually give the sales person a sympathy vote and purchase something, but not because I thought their products looked good on me. So I kept trying to be extremely objective. Being mid-50's and experiencing more problems than when I was a teen-ager with breakouts, sensitivity, dryness in areas, fine lines, etc. -- I have experienced extreme buyer's remorse more often than not the last several years (except with Prescriptives who gives a good dose of sample bottles to try before purchasing). I wore the foundation and powder all the rest of the day, and the next afternoon re-applied it to go out, and during the week at work. I'm finally glowing in the right places and none of my fine lines or under eye areas are showing anything other than perfection! Finally! I never would have thought of going more expensive, because I've tried most of them -- just not this particular not Dior, for some reason. Sometimes you get what you pay for -- and this was one of those times it worked out much better than I expected. However, I did run home to check ebay and found my color available with shipping at a little more than $10 savings. After checking and re-checking the foundation on my skin throughout the several days I've worn it, I can finally say I've found my match -- at least for now. Who knows what my skin will do as I continue to go through this sometimes traumatic process called aging. But for now, I'm stowing my Bare Minerals that didn't stay put as well as showed my pores and wrinkles, and Prescriptives that broke out my chin, Lancome and Estee Lauder that just didn't look right on me and all the others. My skin is finally covered enough, but not mask-like, exhibiting a healthy glow, but not oily, which my t-zone tends to be. I feel like a well-pampered, beautiful swan who has finally shed her ugly duckling feathers and finally obtained that soft, covered, but healthly, glowing look I longed for. Advice on applying: use sparingly, use a foundation brush. This is a voluptuous foundation, so a little dab and soft strokes will achieve a beautiful look.

25 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2006 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Anciuca

This is a great foundation,with good and natural coverage that gives you a flawless look, but ONLY if you know how to apply it.It's more like a cream,and the secret is to apply very little and blend very well-HALF a pump is enough!The result can be amazing if you learn not to overapply-otherwise it can look a little bit heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 8:44:00 PM More reviews by rannia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its a good quality product it covers and looks natural, it's flattering, i'm changing the rating from 3 to 5 lipsticks I wouldn't reccomend it for oily skins unless you need intense moisturisation. It's also long wearing. Doesn't budge a lot. But it doesn't seem to photograph well, it gives a white cast.