Dove Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

4.3

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

on 12/27/2009 3:11:00 AM

I also get these in a 2-pack at Costco and it ends up being very cheap. All the skin on my body except for my face gets dry very easily, and this body wash seems to help a bit. It's very creamy and suds up nicely with my bath pouf. It does not make my back break out either, which is a good thing!

on 12/26/2009 8:56:00 PM

My mom bought this at Costco in a set of 2. So I figured I'd try it out. It's a very creamy and smooth body wash. I'm very use to lotioning my skin after the shower, especially when it get cold but less now that I started using this product. It really does keep my skin moisturized. I feel that I can go without lotioning my body after the shower. Needless to say I love the dove smell. It's refreshing and such a clean smell. Def recommend for all skin types

on 12/26/2009 8:52:00 PM

I've been wanting to try this for sometime, as I had grown to strongly dislike my St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter body wash. So far, so good. Very moisturizing and I really like the creamy texture. Not as emamored with the scent as I thought I'd be, but I don't hate it, either. I predict that this one will be a bathroom staple for me, but will update should I decide otherwise.

on 12/17/2009 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This is *the* most moisturizing body wash there is out there. I have used this for about 6 months and I'm never switching back to anything else, including the dove bar.
The smell is light and the body wash is creamy and luxurious. I take HOT hot showers, and even so, my skin always comes out clean, soft and fresh. I get so many compliments on the softness and silky feel of my skin :)

I think that when you're out there shopping for body washes, you have to remember the actual purpose of it and not get carried away by crazy scents, like the ones at the body shop and lush. All those bottles look prettier in the shower, but at least in my case, my skin always feels dry and tight.

If you want clean and soft skin, this is the product I recommend that you start with. You can seriously skip body lotion for like a week and your skin will still feel fantastic.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Decided to try this after hearing all the love from MUA. It really is great! My skin is very dry, and in the winter especially, it gets itchy. I feel gross if I don't wash up every day, but other body washes just made the itch worse. Body lotion helped, but let's face it, it's a PITA to apply every day and then you feel greasy.

This body wash is opaque and white. It reminds me a lot of a cream cleanser. I'm not wild about the scent, which is really sugary, but it's not too strong either. A quarter size drop makes a really rich lather. Some reviewers here said it didn't lather up well, but maybe that was the old formulation? Either way, it cleans well and leaves my skin very moisturized. Don't have to use body lotion anymore, and no more winter itches. Seems to have eased my keratosis pilaris a bit, but time will tell if that's permanent.

UPDATE: My KP has significantly improved after using this for about a month. It has not gone away completely, but this body wash has helped it more than anything else I've tried, and the improvement has actually lasted. If you have KP, try this out.

on 10/3/2009 6:23:00 PM

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.

Love!!! Smells great. Not the richest lather, but it feels luxurious despite! No icky film or residue left that I have noticed. Makes my comb/oily skin feel so soft! The packaging is fine. Decent price. I would recommend!! Yes, I would repurchase.

on 9/28/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This very product made me question why I would even considor spending $30 on body wash like I normally do. While showering at a friends I saw this and decided to wash up with it. My skin was so undeniably smooth I was blown away! I love the scent of it (maybe its a bit too strong though). I found a sale at shoppers and got 3 for $10. Quite the deal considoring it's $7.49 cdn regular price! I will continue to use up the expensive stuff and this will be the mainstay. Cheap and lovely. One lippie off for such a strong scent.

on 9/21/2009 2:59:00 PM

I just picked up the version with the nutrium moisture. I have to say that I love this! While it isn't a bunch of lather, it does lather. It feels so soft and luxurious. Once I get out of the shower, my skin feels super soft. It does not leave a film of any kind and it smells nice. It has not caused any problems for my dry and sensitive skin. I think this will become my new everyday body wash, especially in the winter!

EDIT 9/26/09: Unfortunately I spoke too soon. It didn't take long for this to irritate my skin. Everytime I washed with it my skin would get so itchy. It is such a bummer because this is definitely very moisturizing and feels so luxurious. I think this is still a great body wash, it just didn't work for me.

on 9/7/2009 4:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

So far I really like this wash a lot. This is the new formula with Nutrium Moisture or whatever they call it. I got a pack of 2 and one small travel size and pouf for about $11 at Sam's Club.

I don't have particularly dry skin but if I don't at least use a moisturizing wash in the shower (I hate having to put on lotion afterwards), my skin feels tight. I had been using Olay Ribbons but it left a film on my skin that I did NOT like. So when I saw that they assured that this did not leave a film and absorbed quickly while being very moisturizing, curiosity got the better of me, heh. I don't really mind the Dove smell, it's a very clean and fresh smell that is very refreshing in the shower.

The wash is pure white, and very creamy. I use it with the pouf and I get a lot of lather. It feels lovely when you rub it in, it feels moisturizing without feeling like you're pouring wax onto yourself and it really does absorb all the way and rinses away very well. My skin feels very comfortable afterwards and for the rest of the day. I may have found my HG wash!