MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

4.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 1/26/2012 2:59:00 PM

A well-pigmented and fully opaque warm brownish pink lipstick on my NC30/C4 pigmented Asian lips. It’s odorless, tasteless, has a nice smooth finish and no frost or shimmer (my preference). It is definitely a MLBB shade so it’s perfect for the office; I feel “finished” when I wear this shade. It lasts about 2 hours before I reapply, but it wears evenly and doesn’t create flaking or that dreaded build up on the outer corners of your lips. It does leave my lips a bit dry, so I top with a light lip balm, like my clear Maybelline Baby Lips or Aquaphor. Would recommend as a daily lippie if you are a 9-5er in a conservative office and just want a polished lip. Nothing exciting, but it’s a great neutral and those are the lippies I tend to use the most!

on 1/17/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I absolutely love this lipstick. I wear it almost every day; it's my go-to lipstick. Everyone says it's supposed to be brown or nude, but on my lips, it shows up as the most beautiful pink ever. It's a dusty rose color on me, definitely a MLBB shade.

I love the formula of satin lipsticks. It's my favorite finish by MAC. It can be drying, but all I have to do is put a lip balm on before I do my lips and there's no problem.

Its lasting power is probably the best out of all the MAC lipsticks I've tried. It easily lasts 4-5 hours on me without eating, but I apply another coat of lipstick after lunch out of habit, so I don't know how long it would last without reapplying. I'll have to look into that, but honestly, I don't care as I love this lipstick regardless of its exact staying power.

If you want to make the pink of this lipstick pop, I really, really recommend trying it out with the Tour de Fabulous lipglass. The lipglass is LE so try it fast! The two colors look stunning together, and you wouldn't think so by just looking at the colors separately. I also recommend Pink Lemonade lipglass.

I am definitely, definitely buying this color again as soon as I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this lipstick. It's my favorite one ever, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a soft, understated pink that can be played up. It's just...I really can't describe how much I love this lipstick any better. Just do yourself a favor and try it, please!

on 11/5/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely favorite lipstick, just get it, great for everyday use.
Colour - MLBB but a bit darker so it's great for winter.
Formulation - I love Satins. They can be drying, but god do they stay on. And you don't get a flaky finish, it shines but without ANY glitter. Just lovely, barely needs touch-ups.
Packaging - MAC lipstick packaging is my favorite by far. Unpopular opinion, but I just love the simplicity. I legit like it more than Rouge Volupte packaging, Dior Addict packaging. I dont even own those lipsticks because if I feel like buying one, IMO MAC is the best I can get and the packaging is heavenly for me.

Go. Buy. This. Lipstick. (As long as you like the colour, but it's fairly neutral and very wearable). I'll always repurchase.

on 10/2/2011 3:15:00 AM

My absolute favourite lipstick i own from mac. This is my everyday lipstick.
First of all, i am inlove with the mac lipstick formulations, satins in particular, and formulations are so important to me; they make or break the lipstick for me without a doubt.
Secondly, this color is super flattering on me. It's the lipstick color I have been looking for forever, and there are no replacements :) lovvvvve it

on 8/3/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my lips MAC Twig shows up as a pinky/mauve/brown color shade. The formula is very dry and tends to make my lips looked chapped when applied..(Maybe I got a bad tube, who knows) The only way I can make this lipstick work for me is if I use MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss on top. With gloss it looks nice MLBB..

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I initially went to mac to try & perhaps buy Brave...however while @ the L/S section I pulled twig as well as brave...after tryn brave it did not work for my skintone moved on to TWIG & viola love @ 1st dab I dab it on becuz it looked dark in the tube but once it instantly brightened my face its the perfect rosy nude...I love this color it last a good while 4hrs W/O eatn & drinkn through a straw...my 2ndx wearn I applied it straight from the tube & that's when I encountered the curse of the satin "dryness" it feels dry on the lips which I took 1 lippie of 4 that but I will deal with that since it only happens when I swipe on instead of dab in all it was a good buy & if this tube is done I will def. Repurchase:)

on 5/14/2011 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm obviously in the minority but I hate this lipstick with a passion! I've got pale, freckly skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and it comes out as a disgusting orangey brown on me. I also dislike the very drying formula - yuk!

on 4/2/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much,flattering my nc40/42 skin tone

on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my go to lipstick it's pretty much the natural shade of my lips but better it stays on all day and I wear it everywhere work school social life everything!

on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

Recommended for Medium Skin