December 18, 2014 | 865 users online

Blush - NARS - Madly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't love NARS blushes as a rule, but this is a good basic for me to have. I am fair (BB Warm Ivory) and oily-blushes can get dark and harsh looking on me. This is a nice warm honey pinky color on my cheeks, I don't get visible shimmer on my skin although it is there in the pan. If you aren't fair/light you might not get anything from this blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Neutral blush - that I think goes best on neutral skin tones. It goes with smokey brown eyes. It goes with everyday no makeup looks.

I love how this looks on others - but doesn't work for me. Swapped it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by chrrrristina

okay, i admit this amazinglygorgeousblush looks yuck in the pan, it looks like a grey brown, but when you swatch this it's a gorgeous tan pink with silver shimmer! This blush is perfect is you're looking for something that will give you a natural flush and warmth to your cheeks and if you don't want to look too made up. The packaging is stunning as always, except powder is grabbed onto the packaging, which is really annoying but it doesn't bother me too much. This is my favourite NARS blush everrrr! I'd recommend this blush to medium skintones, if you're pale it might look a little muddy, and if you have deeper skintones this may look pretty ashy. But for medium skintones i cannot recommend this enough! love love love

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by haileybear

I don't really know how to discribe this particular color, it's not bronzy, it's not pinky, it's not peachy, and it's not mauvy. It's something in between all of that. Madly does have some shimmer in it, which I like in my blushes. Howerver, I found early on that it's very easy to overdo with this blush, because you don't really see anything on your skin until suddenly there's a greyish mauvish streak. So, my solution is just to apply blindly by counting how many dabs into the powder and how many swipes onto my cheeks (I usually do 1 dab 3-4 swipes per cheek). This works SOMETIMES...

I only wear this blush color with very matte foundation, brown-toned neutral eyes, and I feel that this only works in the fall. I don't find myself reaching for this blush a whole lot, so I probably won't be repurchasing. I also hate the Nars packaging in general, gets dusty to easily, and I'm kind of anal about my makeup products looking clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love this blush! I purchased this about 4 months ago, the sale staff gave me the wrong one.When I got home I was soo upset, was going to return it, but then I keep forgetting to, and eventually had to keep it because I lost the docket to return it. Anyways it just sat on my vanity for the last 4 months.
Eventually one day I was watching youtube and a guru Michele1218 said that it is one of her favourite blushes of the winter, and I thought I got that and how could it be a great blush, its just brown with shimmer, more like a bronzer.
Boy way I soo wrong, I tried it on, and I was soo happy with the results, fantastic nude blush with a slight pink undertone, absolutely adore it! Looks absolutely natural! Cant believe I ignored it for 4 months without giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ruecke

Love this blush! This is what I wanted Zen to be. I returned that (it just made me look muddy and dirty), and then got Sertao (which has its merits, but tends to turn a bit orangish on me). Anyway, I recently grabbed the last Madly in stock at my local Sephora, and it's so much better than I expected it to be. This contours perfectly, while seeming utterly natural, and the pink tones keep it from being muddy on my light-medium yellow-undertoned skin. This is a perfect "my cheeks but better" look for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a great color! At first appearance you wouldn't think much of this blush - but put it on and you will be in love! It gives a natural radiance to your cheeks! Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Out of all the NARS blushes, Madly is probably my favorite (The first I bought as well). It's a lovely peachy brown that works perfectly on my NC15 skin. I pair this with my Albatross highlighter most days and they work perfectly together. I buff this on my cheeks starting in the back blending down with my MAC 109. It takes my face from washed out to perfectly healthy. I'd totally buy this again when I eventually run out, though it'll take a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by vivere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite everyday blush for a warm and glowing look. I have a light-to-medium olive skin tone and this blush gives me the perfect nude glow as if my skin was naturally radiant. I often receive compliments on my makeup when I'm wearing this blush; it's as if it lights up my face and pulls my whole look together in a polished yet natural way. As usual, the formula of NARS blushes is excellent -- very pigmented, applies and blends easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after the SA at Sephora helped me pick out a "nude" blush. I was between this and Luster, and ended up getting this b/c she said it would probably look more natural. I should've gotten Luster or Lovejoy! I'm NC40 and I have to really pack on a lot of Madly blush to get it to show up on my skin, and when it does, it just looks like I put bronzer on my cheeks...I already have Laguna, so I think Madly was just a waste. Definitely returning this.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No