July 30, 2014 | 1009 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lizzierex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst product I have ever purchased in my life. I have not had any type of bad skin breakout in 22 years until I used this product. As soon as I used it, I broke out in large sore pimples through my T zone. I used it again a few weeks later just in case it was something else, but again, large sore pimples! It is very expensive in Australia ($117US for the 100 mL) even though the ingredients are all low cost (mineral oil, lanolin...) Never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Vanessaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was an ok cleanser- I had a few samples and used them for two weeks. The smell of this cleanser is hideous- it makes me feel sick actually and is quite off-putting while trying to rub into your face.
It is annoying to get off too as because a thick paste whilst in contact with skin and water. It makes your skin smooth and somewhat brightened but for the price,I feel like I can get the same for alot cheaper and ones with a more attractive smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by medin1234

Okay I have been using this for a year and I am on my second tub (got a back up one) of this and I really believe this works in coinjuction with an exfoliant (I use St Ives) and it gets even better results with the Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads. I have normal to dry skin so I am not sure what it does on oily or combo. I use this to combat blackheads and whiteheads that are in or under the skin. I dont have any problems with acne. I would rate this a 3 on its own if I didnt exercise or eat healthy (i.e if I was overweight) because it really makes a difference if you exercise! also it really needs to be used with an exfoliant or you wont get the results. Furthermore it is vital to use this EVERY night to get clear skin because you have to remove the dirt and oils under the skin before they turned to pimples or other 'nasties'. Currently I am not using them with Peter Thomas Roth because I am just too lazy but I have very minimal to no blackheads/whiteheads on my nose and between my eyebrow area. I have a few more that this on my chin (haha problem area) but none of these are noticeable (only to me). Rest assure though you cant get rid of blackheads and whiteheads completely even Kate Middleton had blackheads on her forehead for her wedding!!! Other celebs would have them photoshopped out. Personally people cant see my blackheads nor whiteheads unless they were 1/4 of a meter away from my face but I dont like looking at them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by VB10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Renowned product and it is quite good however I my wonder cleanser is similar in texture but 100% more effective, smells better and feels more luxurious to use; I would suggest you check and try Emma Hardie's cleanser instead of the Eve Lom.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ceen

The (thick, gloopy) consistency of this product is unusual for a cleanser and creates a sensation on the skin that some will find strange. In addition, the cleansing effect was nothing more than distinctly average.

The product comes with very precise advice as to how best to use it, central to which is the instruction to use 'hot' then 'cool' water with the muslin cloth provided. Unfortunately, for anyone with spider veins and/or sensitive skin performing this hot/cool combined action is going to be potentially risky from the off for obvious reasons.

Yes, the recommended regime will leave the face feeling smoother: but then the (gentle) exfoliating action of a muslin cloth will usually have this effect in itself regardless of cleanser choice.

Needless to say: not recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by suspanyachai

Skin Type :
Extremely Oily.
Break-outs on rare occasions.
Tendency to have spots and bumps which never fully develop into full-blown pimples.

Sampled the cleanser in a starter kit 2 days prior a big night out, and this cleared up my skin superbly.
@ 2weeks -30ml pot finished and have upgraded to the 100ml pot.
@ 4weeks -product is still working just as good with my skin.

Results: [@5weeks]
Skin texture has improved dramatically.
Its is a lot smoother, less bumpy.
Existing and developing break-outs that I have on my skin is still there, but that is expected as dermatologists will tell you, there is nothing you can do about a break-out except let it come out.
They are definitely less inflamed, and look better.

As i always say:
With any product, if you are looking to give it a try, a realistic amount of time is about 4-6weeks for a result.
This will allow your skin to adjust and react to the change.
-Just ask any dermatologist what the turn-around time is for medications to work!

Any less than 4-6weeks is unrealistic, you might as well book yourself in for plastic surgery/ask god for a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to try this years ago,but the price, and the fact its mineral oil based put me off.
Boy,am I glad i did,its a joy to use and makes even my soft glowing skin better!
I use it when I feel like a massage,clean skin for 5 mins, soak the cloth in hot water and remove 3 times,then cool water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by friday89

Oh Eve Lom, I love you. I feel like I shouldn't though, you are full of mineral oil, which I'm pretty sure is just vaseline and other scary looking ingredients, you have a weird, complicated looking ritual that looks a bit dubious and I had to basically sell a kidney to buy you. BUT YOU WORK.

My skin was at its best when I was using Eve Lom, and that's huge considering I have literally been to hell and back with it and tried EVERYTHING. I have combination skin that flakes on my nose, is oily in the tzone and normal everywhere else. I've had mild acne consistently for 5 years - before that it was moderate for another 5 years. The lady said I would break out in the first week, which I did but not badly, it could have just been my monthly hormonal breakout. And then my skin took on a radiant, glowing look. Barely a pimple to be seen as long as I followed the routine.

Sometimes, if the weather gets dry my skin can't handle all the rubbing of the cloth and gets a bit irritated, but keep a mild moisturiser on hand and it's fine.

The routine is pretty time consuming, but the lymphatic drainage really worked for me so I encourage you to stick it out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about 18 months now. I have very sensitive skin on my cheeks and it doesn't irritate at all. I love this cleanser it doesn't leave my skin feel tight and I love the nightly ritual of cleansing and rinsing etc. My chin broke out for a month or two when I first bought it, I'm not sure if that was this cleanser or hormones but I get very few if any spots now.

The initial outlay is expensive but it lasts for so long because you don't need much. I'm sure there are equally good cleansers out there but this works for me and I love the pampering process when I'm in the bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by antheasarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is as amazing as it's claimed. Makes my skin so soft and clean. Love the smell as well.