August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jazzypoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous scrub for the price. Perfect texture and great value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

Love this so much!! Use it only once a week for a really deep clean. Skin feels sooooooooooooooo nice after. the grains are perfect size/texture. kiehls have no doubt some of the best products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The texture is great, and it does not dry out my skin. Wish it were a little less expensive, but it's worth it to me. Waaayy better than Origins Modern Friction.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Wrennifer

I have never experienced an allergic reaction to ANY product I have tried, (hence no patch test, I know now that I should have tried one) however, this product caused a massive eruption of dark pink hive-like bumps across my face after one use. After exfoliating for about 30 seconds with gentle pressure, I rinsed my face and began to feel a burning sensation. Over the next day my skin felt itchy and dry and began to develop a rash that I have been treating over the past three days; my skin is still not calmed down completely. After poor results from every Kiehl's product I have tried, I have decided to give up on Kiehl's completely. There are plenty of other exfoliating treatments on the market, like philosophy's microdelivery peel, or m.d. skincare alpha-beta peel pads, that work much better in my opinion and have the added benefit of anti-aging results, or if you are looking for a purely physical exfoliator I love Laura Mercier's scrub, Bobbi Brown buffing grains or the philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash. I definitely recommend a patch test if you must try this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by iammao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this from the Kiehl's store and have used it twice in the span of 2 weeks. It does its job, and does great wonders in letting the products you apply following this procedure works its way into your skin.

Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin, and I find this product not as cushiony as Origin's Modern Friction which was used on my skin during an Origins facial. For Kiehl's microderm, I had to keep spraying Evian on my face to get a light mist of water to cushion the particles. Otherwise it was just too harsh on my skin.

For the record, my previously combi oily skin has now moved towards being combi-dry so this product has helped free up pores and allow previously closed pore congestion to be extracted effortlessly. This is a problem for my skin as increased dryness means richer moisturisers but at the same time it does clog up easily regardless of the moisturiser.

I'll make a further comparison between Modern Friction and this soon and will update this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by mrj64

This is a must have. I will admit, the product made me break out for a while but after using it for quite some time, my skin adapted to it. I use it once a week. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cynical product junkie that I am, I thought there was nothing left in the marketplace that could surprise me. Oh my goodness, do I ever stand corrected. I use Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion and/or Leaf & Rusher Rapid Resurface, and I thought they were the ultimate in scrubs, but Kiehl's beats them like a cheap rug. I have never, EVER had skin as soft as immediately following this treatment. Seriously, the proverbial baby's butt. It costs major money but I will certainly shell out for it once I use up my samples.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by J1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective exfoliating product. The abrasive grains are very fine and a small amount of product goes a long way, which is good because this stuff is fairly pricey. I would recommend a light hand when using for the first time. This scrub definitely leaves my face pretty red for several hours afterward, so I recommend using it at night as other reviewers have mentioned. When I wake up though, there is no trace of any irritation, just smooth, clear, fresh skin. I donít bother with the Kiehlís Centella Recovery Salve as a follow-up and havenít found that I need it. I just use my regular serum and moisturizer and that suits my skin just fine. This Kiehlís product reminds me of an Estee Lauder product called ďSolid Milk Cleansing GrainsĒ which was discontinued years ago, but was always a favorite of mine. Iíve tried dozens of scrubs over the years and this is by far one of the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by rpgoodwin

WOW. I have tried lots of scrubs but this is the only one that made me go tell my husband to feel how soft and smooth my skin is. VERY scrubby - lots of teeny particles and you can really feel it working. MY skin is oily and very tough and this burns a little so it may be too harsh for sensitive skin but man oh man does it do great things for me - after use my pores are almost gone and I was able to extract a comedone that had been stubbornly stuck on my nose for months. It did make me a little peely the next day but to me that's a good thing - it really does "resurface" your skin like microdermabrasion. Expensive but worth it and a little goes a long way - highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lipShmackin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I reeeeeally love this. I'm 21 with difficult skin, I dont have acne or break out often *knocks on wood* but very sensitive and i usually get a couple of uglies around THAT time of the month ..the problem is that they tend to leave their mark which is either slightly raised or a dark spot. I purchased this along with the Centella skin salve which is recommended for use after the scrub and I try to remember to use it 2 times a week. It leaves my skin seriously smooth and my skin tone is slowly but obviously starting to even out. On the Kiehls website it does say to avoid use on eyes , lips and nostrils but i DO use a little bit on my lips to get rid of dead skin and it works wonders. Read the instructions on the tube before diving in because it recommends to keep an eye on your own personal sensitivity to how hard you scrub and to do so for no longer than 2 minutes. I find that if i carry on for too long my face becomes a teenie bit sore. At £34 its bloody expensive but never the less this is a product i dont think ill be without!