November 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture can be described as very fine grains. I squeeze a portion less than the size of a 5 cent coin. This scrub isn't harsh but does its job to smoothen my skin and getting rid of dead cells. After rinsing off my skin feels very smooth. I use this once a week and notice that makeup application on the day I use my srub is always more flawless. My bb cream goes on like a dream and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the mostly glowing reviews, but it didn't live up to my expectations. It exfoliates decently, doesn't irritate my skin and a little goes a long way, but beyond that it's really nothing exceptional. Some treatments I've found to be more effective include DermaDoctor Physical Chemistry, Origins Modern Friction, Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar, Freeze 24/7 IceCrystals, Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face & Body Polish and Philosophy Microdelivery Peel. Glad this worked so well for some, but it's not my cup of tea.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamofpicasso

I was using the Murad AHA/BHA scrub for a long time and decided to change to something new and hopefully better. After reading the review here, I decided to try out this scrub from Kiehls. I absolutely love it and will certainly purchase it again. The micro-dermabrasion crystals feels like heavy duty scrub that sweeps away all the dead skins that cause larger pores and blackheads. I was worried that it might be too harsh on my face but it didn't cause any redness or dryness on my face. I only use it 3 times a week and it controls the blackheads around my nose and chin area very well. My skin feels soft and super clean after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jazzypoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous scrub for the price. Perfect texture and great value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

Love this so much!! Use it only once a week for a really deep clean. Skin feels sooooooooooooooo nice after. the grains are perfect size/texture. kiehls have no doubt some of the best products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The texture is great, and it does not dry out my skin. Wish it were a little less expensive, but it's worth it to me. Waaayy better than Origins Modern Friction.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Wrennifer

I have never experienced an allergic reaction to ANY product I have tried, (hence no patch test, I know now that I should have tried one) however, this product caused a massive eruption of dark pink hive-like bumps across my face after one use. After exfoliating for about 30 seconds with gentle pressure, I rinsed my face and began to feel a burning sensation. Over the next day my skin felt itchy and dry and began to develop a rash that I have been treating over the past three days; my skin is still not calmed down completely. After poor results from every Kiehl's product I have tried, I have decided to give up on Kiehl's completely. There are plenty of other exfoliating treatments on the market, like philosophy's microdelivery peel, or m.d. skincare alpha-beta peel pads, that work much better in my opinion and have the added benefit of anti-aging results, or if you are looking for a purely physical exfoliator I love Laura Mercier's scrub, Bobbi Brown buffing grains or the philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash. I definitely recommend a patch test if you must try this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by iammao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this from the Kiehl's store and have used it twice in the span of 2 weeks. It does its job, and does great wonders in letting the products you apply following this procedure works its way into your skin.

Unfortunately, I have sensitive skin, and I find this product not as cushiony as Origin's Modern Friction which was used on my skin during an Origins facial. For Kiehl's microderm, I had to keep spraying Evian on my face to get a light mist of water to cushion the particles. Otherwise it was just too harsh on my skin.

For the record, my previously combi oily skin has now moved towards being combi-dry so this product has helped free up pores and allow previously closed pore congestion to be extracted effortlessly. This is a problem for my skin as increased dryness means richer moisturisers but at the same time it does clog up easily regardless of the moisturiser.

I'll make a further comparison between Modern Friction and this soon and will update this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by mrj64

This is a must have. I will admit, the product made me break out for a while but after using it for quite some time, my skin adapted to it. I use it once a week. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Cynical product junkie that I am, I thought there was nothing left in the marketplace that could surprise me. Oh my goodness, do I ever stand corrected. I use Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion and/or Leaf & Rusher Rapid Resurface, and I thought they were the ultimate in scrubs, but Kiehl's beats them like a cheap rug. I have never, EVER had skin as soft as immediately following this treatment. Seriously, the proverbial baby's butt. It costs major money but I will certainly shell out for it once I use up my samples.