October 25, 2014 | 1795 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 7:18:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good, very comforting cleanser for dry & sensitive skin and a great value for money. I tend to buy more expensive cleansers like Darphin, Kanebo or Sisley but this one is not inferior. Texture is not exactly gel but creamy lotion, very pleasant. Moisturizing and soothing, fragrance-free, non-irritating, smooth... I have a 250 ml tube, probably I'll buy 400 ml bottle with a pump once when I finish this one (but I think it is going to last for a loooong time...). It can be used for face & body. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 9:03:00 PM More reviews by mariska

Very pleased with this product. I like my Clarins Cleansing Milk just as well, but I decided to get this because of the reviews here, I wanted to try more of Avene and it was a steal $ vs. ml compared to Clarins.

It's gentle on my combination skin, cleans out my foundation very well and it hasn't dried me out. Best of all, no breakouts. I like the packaging, too, in a neat pump bottle that I haven't had any problems with. It's a cream rather than what we consider a gel State-side. Texture's perfect and there's no strong fragrance that I can detect. Bottom line, great product, good price, definite re-buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 3:31:00 PM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm pleased with this cleanser, it does not irritate, and I really like it cause it gets off all my days gunk- I wear makeup daily- in one go. It does leave my skin a TAD bit dry afterwards (I have dry skin though) but it's nothing my moisturiser can't help with afterwards. I rarely need to use a toner when using this. I don't use it everyday, cause I like using a cleansing oil too for my dry skin, but I do use it often. The tube bottle it's in isn't very handy, cause once you take the lid back, alot of amount comes out, so I just place this on my bathroom shelf upside dwn, and that works fine. Also, there is ALOT of product, and you only need a tiny amount! So, I'm sure I will have this for ages! Also dirt cheap! 9.70 euros!
UPDATE: Was leaving my skin too dry :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by courty

I LOVE this cleanser. I thought I had found my HG with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel. However, the dry winter air combined with use of retinaldehydes was drying out my skin so that even the small amounts of AHA in the MB cleanser caused my skin to feel tight after cleansing. Now that I'm using a high PPD SS, which needs to be removed with oil, I needed a very gentle cleanser to remove the SS/oil. Well, this one fit the bill. This seems to add a bit of moisture to my skin, as it finally doesn't feel uncomfortable after getting wet, though it still leaves a very nice clean feeling. It comes out of the large bottle (with a pump, which I love) looking like lotion, but foams up slightly on the face. It is unscented, but has a bit of a natural smell, which i prefer to completely-unscented products (makes me think they had to add more chemicals to take away the smell). Anyway, the smell is faint and unoffending. After finding this cleanser, i don't feel tempted to try out the latest new cleanser, because I don't see how it could be better than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by zubroza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing. I've tried a lot of cleansers which were too stripping (in the long run), but I didn't like products for dry skin because they left a film or didn't cleanse well. This one cleanses amazingly, doesn't dry out your skin, yet doesn't leave a film! I use mineral oil to dissolve my heavy ss and this one takes off both oil and ss without a problem.
Of course the 400ml pump-bottle is a bargain. Initially the price scared me (about 15 euros in Holland), but then I saw this is 400 ml, which will probably last me for a year.
Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water, Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Myristic Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyk Isethionate, Isohexadecane, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylanminohydroxypropyl, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Beeswax, Cetyl Alcohol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Triclosan, Xanthan Gum. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 More reviews by eelin77

This is my HG!!!
1 - Perfect for dry, sensitive skin. It's a light cream cleanser that's mild on the skin yet effective enough to remove makeup (but not if it's heavy MU). Works into a slight foam and rinses off clean - no residue - and leaves a calm, soothing feeling (skin doesn't feel tight and dry). It's as if all the dirt is removed but the moisture retained in the skin.

2 - Value for money. A little goes a loooong way. Don't be fooled my it's cream texture. All I needed for the whole face was half a pump. I reckon that's about a 2cm diameter dollop.

That basically sums it up!! Plus all the other plus points, which you will read in the other reviews. Will repurchase until someone else recommends a better and cheaper alternative.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2005 4:15:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

This is not actually a gel,rather a cream cleanser with excellent results. Although my skin is combo, and this product is designed for dry skins,i find it very soothing and never stripping. The face is left soft and hydrated.
The price is very good because it gives a huge amount of product.
Its only drawback seems to be its packaging. If you are not careful a whole lot is thrown out so i pay extra attention and place it upside down.
I will buy it again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by eurogirl

I would have never expected Avène to have a cleanser I like- as most of their stuff is fragranced heavily, which I HATE...
Well, this one is soap- free and fragrance- free. It has a creamy quality and builds a soft foam. I use it to rinse oil off my face, to get rid of s/s. I don't think it would take off the s/s on its own, but then except from a cleansing oil I wouldn't expect that.
It's not really expensive here in Germany.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2002 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an absolute favourite amongst the cleansing stuff!! It is a gel that foams lightly and nicely cleanses the skin, without being drying or abrasive or upsetting the pH balance of your skin like some do! Skin feels soft and hydrated. This is good for dry/very dry sensitive and easily irritated skins. In summer when I use this I dont put a moisturised on top during night to let skin breathe and detoxify naturally-wonderful. Again its main ingridient is the thermal spring water, which seems to work wonders like they say! I cannot say one bad thing about Avene skin care! The products are so effective that they could double the price and people would still buy it!