BeneFit Cosmetics Benetint

3.6

2033 reviews

WATER (AQUA), POLYSORBATE 20, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CARMINE (CI 75470), METHYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), TETRASODIUM EDTA, GERANIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, MALTODEXTRIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BHT

on 2/4/2014 9:17:00 AM

Been using the same bottle of benetint for years. Product smells great and looks very natural when applied. U have to work very quickly with this. I feel like its rather watery as compared to benefit's other tints like posietint and cha cha tint which means you may need to use more product. Would live benefit to maybe reformula so that it's the consistency of their other tints. Overall, nice and natural looking and smells great.

on 1/30/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I went out for lunch with a friend of mine who's Latina and she introduced me as her "English Rose". On the way home I stopped at Shoppers and saw this "rose" tint so I decided to try it. I liked the natural rose scent. Well, it streaked a lot on the first cheek. So I decided to use a face primer first on my other cheek. Voila! I used Benefit Brightening Primer, and it worked like a charm. I was surprised at the price! It seemed far too much! I only rated the price 2 stars. But... the colour really did look good on me. I purchased it because a) it looked so good, b) it's a novel little thing that makes me feel like an "English Rose" (mostly thanks to my friend), and c) because I was looking for a primer anyways and I liked the Benefit one I tried with it, so I picked that up too.

Thanks to this tint I've now decided that I want to continue to try more red blushers. I used it on my lips and when I put a pink gloss overtop it's quite nice, but by itself I begin to look a little flushed! There is a reviewer who complained that the stain got on her fingers. It gets on mine, too, but I just dab a little unscented makeup remover onto my hands after doing my makeup, then I run them under warm water. Try to remember to wash your hands after you put on makeup, for general cleanliness.

The packaging could be better, too. But the way the actual product *looks* and *feels* (it's perfectly comfortable) on my face when it's applied properly warrants a 4/5 for me. I have no idea if I will run out of it in a hurry - it doesn't seem like it - but I would have repurchase if there was a sale on.

on 1/28/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love adding some benetint to my lips for a long lasting colour. I find that I need to use Vaseline before applying this for even coverage though. The price is great as I use this regularly for the past year and still have not ran out. Highly recommend it for lip lovers

on 1/26/2014 1:23:00 AM

I hate this product. It tastes bad and dries my lips very much. It's a mess to apply and color is very unnatural. By the most important thing, I have recently read that Benefit is still using animal testing so I will never buy a benefit product again.

on 1/22/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Meh. I don't really understand why this is such 'cult' product, though I did enjoy the story of how it came to be (what stripper doesn't need rosier nipples?). As a lip stain it's ok. It applies a little unevenly, unless you're anal about the application (who has time?), isn't moisturising (I actually think it's drying on mine), lasts a couple of hours but has never stayed on all day for me. I have never attempted it as a cheek stain, because I wear powder foundation every day so it wouldn't mesh well with my makeup. If you wore a tinted moisturiser or light liquid I'm sure it could look beautiful. I like the packaging, it looks really cute, but it isn't uber practical. Thebalm has much better lip stains (easier to apply, more pigmented, smoother, and much more even). I wouldn't repurchase this one. I prefer products that don't require monet's artistic ability in getting the perfect application.

on 1/13/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The price and packaging SUCK. But the effect is gorgeous. I'm 36, I've noticed as I get older I don't have the same flush I had even 3 years ago - apparently you get more washed out (blergh!). With this tint I can get a long wearing flush that looks natural. I apply with my elf stipple brush - wore to it today and received a lot of compliments about how rested I looked.... Well two. But still!

I think if you go for the full flush, you should skip or change your bronzing, but just mho.

Dab it onto you apples and then blend upwards and back. Try to get the flush to creep naturally up and towards your ears, too much on the apples doesn't bring out your check bones. Then if you have a multi tonal bronzer/blush that is slightly darker than your usual blush or a shimmery bronzer that is on the light side, swipe it in the hollows - the pint is to not go too dark but create subtle contrast.

It creates great definition, but again, go very easy on the bronzer/blush - let the flush take centre stage.

And.... If you have thin lips, probably best to not to rely on this for colour. It's a dark tint so you'll only be drawing attention to that by making your lips look smaller. Go for a shimmery nude or ripe raspberry gloss to compliment your flushed cheeks instead :-)

on 1/13/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this tint in in a gift pack over Christmas. I have known about this tint for a very long time but never had the desire to purchase it myself.

I've only ever tried it as a lip tint. I don't have the confidence to be able to properly blend it in on my cheeks as a blush. I do love it on my lips though! It gives my lips a nice rosy hue. I want to try and wear more brighter lip products other than balms. and this product gives my lips a pop of colour without being too harsh. I also like layering other lip products over the top of it.

I would probably purchase this once I run out. I'm not sure how long my small version would last me as I've only had it since Christmas. But it's a nice product to give my lips a nice natural rosy hue.

I had the mini version (the one with the clear lipgloss on one end and the tint on the other). It took a bit of practice but eventually I managed to achieve that beautiful rosy flush that I so wanted. Sadly, it required a lot of effort and preparation, eg. an excellent skincare ritual, smooth skin and expert application. It was just far too much effort for me and I'm a lazy person in the morning so I never got much use out of this product.

on 1/4/2014 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and fell in love! I'm not much of a blush fiend so I mainly use it as a lip stain, so I can only really comment on that aspect of it.
I have full lips, and I found that this product was very easy to apply and layer. It lets me vary the amount of color effortlessly, so I can use it for any occasion, whether its grocery shopping, work, or a night out. Its also pretty long lasting, although a touch up may be necessary after a couple of drinks, it isn't really a trouble at all.
The mini size from the kit lasted me about 7 months, so I recently purchased the full size, (which was a little pricey at $30) in hope that it would last me triple the amount of time. The cap is pretty large on the full sized one, which makes it a little awkward to hold when applying compared to the mini. But its nothing I can't manage.

All in all I really like Benetint. The results are as cute as the name :)

This is a really tricky product to apply, you have to be very quick when applying and more often than not it comes out looking uneven or blotchy. It doesn't even work on my lips as a stain, it just settles into the fine lines on my mouth. The only good thing about it is that it smells like roses. Otherwise its just an overpriced blah product.

Popular Blush Products