Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Heather Silk

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

(((RATED 5 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients from packaging: Talc, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Kaolin, Octyldodecanol, Cyclomethicone, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Oxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 (CI 15850), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 12/29/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This blush is fantastic, especially for the price. $3 at CVS. It's highly pigmented as other reviewers have said, so use a light hand. It stays on all day! It's the best staying power of any blush I've ever tried. Great cool-toned plummy pink with no shimmer. Looks great in photos, keeps you from looking washed-out.

on 12/16/2008 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This cool-toned blush gives me that winter-cheeks look, like I just came in from the cold. The lasting power is great. I tossed the brush it came with and use an essence of beauty blush brush. With a light hand, I get a natural look that suits my light, pretty neutral to cool skintone (N4 in mac studio fix, for referece). I actually did rebuy the product when I lost my original, but I imagine this compact will last me a long time. What a great find and a great price! I highly recommend anyone to give it a try.

on 12/10/2008 10:00:00 AM

I wouldn't have tried this except for the positive reviews and the claim that it was a dupe for NARS Mata Hari, but I'm SO glad I did. This is a medium, cool rosy pink with mauvey/blue undertones. I didn't think it would be flattering on my warm NC25 coloring -- too cool -- but it actually is very pretty, gives me a nice noticeable flush like I've just been in the cold. This is super-pigmented and, the BEST thing about this: it lasted all day (12 hours) without any touchups. It was the only thing still going strong at 8 pm last night, LOL. I'm so glad I bought this. It says something about WNW blushes that right now, the blushes I reach for the most are my NARS and WNW Silk Finishes. WTF, right? Like you makeupholics out there, I own Cover Girl, Jane, Loreal, Neutrogena, Cargo, Lorac, etc. -- and I go for the $25 and $2 blushes. There you have it. p.s. Thanks to those MUA'ers who said it was a dupe for Mata Hari. The colors are very similar and now I can cross another NARS blush off my list.

on 8/12/2008 12:26:00 AM

I'm already a diehard Orgasm aficionado but I wanted to supplement my stash with a blush that was more rose-colored and less peachy. I was thinking of Nars Mata Hari but heard this was a suitable substitute, and with such a low price tag, I thought it would be a good idea to try this first. I'm glad I picked up Heather Silk instead. Not only is it super affordable, it has a great silky texture and gives me a gorgeous, natural glow! I think this would be very flattering on almost anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This was my first blush (I was 16)! =P I had to hunt this one down, for the sake of nostalgia and all, haha. I really missed this blush since they discontinued the Wet 'n' Wild line in Singapore. I'm just glad I got a kind MUA-er who CP-ed this for me. By golly, this is probably the most pigmented blush ever! That's a good thing, of course...if you use very little. I'm NC42-43 and if I accidentally apply too much, I end up looking like a clown! The colour is so strong that even if you try to rub it off or set powder on top, it doesn't fade! Still, this is my first love and almost the same colour as my natural flush. On most days, I just wear this with an MLBB lipgloss and I'm out the door. :) Best blush for me. Dirt cheap as well!

on 6/18/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This blush is really amazing from the price. Very similar to Nars Mata Hari. I am pale and don't really like bright blush so while this was pretty bright I blended nicely on me and gave me that just in from the cold flush but not to clownish or weird. I would rebuy this and will try WnW blushes.

This is hands down the best quality, most used blush in my stash - which includes probably $500 worth of NARS and Cargo blushes. It is very similar to NARS Mata Hari in color. A cool pink rose, no red or brown. It is absolutely gorgeous when used with the SK skunk brush on the apples of the cheeks. VERY pigmented.

on 6/5/2008 9:08:00 AM

A lovely blush for the price,think I prefer it to MAC blushes..specially the price :o) 1.99 in the UK.Cant beat that,want to try their illuminating triples next.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been absolutely addicted to makeup ever since childhood (anyone else remember those Barbie makeup "heads?") and have used everything from the super-expensive to the super-cheap. I had been using MAC and Clinique until I tried Wet'n'Wild's, and I now use WNW's exclusively! Heather Silk and Mellow Wine are my favorites. Both colors look very natural on my light-olive skin and wear incredibly well on my oily-yet-aging (late 30's) complexion. They even hold up during our Deep South summers! Neither shade has even a hint of shine--so important for a natural look! I love the large, square pans--you can easily swirl around a big, fluffy blush/powder brush in them. This is one of the best cosmetic products around, hands-down. The super-low price allows me to buy several of each--one for the vanity, one for my purse, one for my desk at work, etc. I don't even try other blushes any more since I've found these!

on 4/27/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Heather Silk is a matte,cool, mauve-fuchsia. The perfect version of that sex-kitten pink w/o looking like a clown. Truly brightens up the face. Great pigmentation, finely milled, easy to blend/layer. Works for a variety of skintones; LLL to DDD. Has become a favorite in my makeup kit. Truly beautiful paired with NYX Sheer Gloss in 'Fabulous' or Ruby Kisses cool pink gloss palette. *****UPDATE: *****This is still one of my favorite blush for everyday wear. However, using BenNye & LaFemme blushes for photoshoots or video because they fit into my palette. continued >>