September 19, 2014 | 2012 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I realized that foundation sometimes needs more than a cleanser to completely come off. Take the Day Off Balm fits the bill. You smooth it on your face while it is dry. The texture is a little thicker than cold cream. After you rub this on your face, you add water. The interesting thing is that the texture changes to a milky liquid. As the product is liquifying, it rinses your makeup off. I personally follow with cleanser.

The packaging doesn't bother me. It is in a jar, but there is no other logical packaging for a product this thick. The only downside is the price. It is a little over $30 after taxes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing for blemish prone skin!!!
What can I say about this awesome product that everyone hasn't already said!
I bought this because I read on a beauty blog that you should avoid using any cleanser that foamed, as it strips your skin and causes problems. Now, I have traditionally blemish prone skin and up until recently, I was constantly breaking out. I was really skeptical to try this, as anyone with acne can tell you that anything that looks like oil or has a balm like consistency, is probably going to break you out.

After reading SO many (countless) positive reviews, I decided to give it a try. You have to use it on DRY skin, massage it around on your face for a bit, and then use warm water to rinse it off. It literally emulsifies into nothing when you put it into contact with water! I double-cleanse - I'd recommend double-cleansing if you wear long-wearing foundation and/or concealer. It hasn't caused any skin troubles for me, so I can safely say it's good to use if you have acne or are prone to blemishes. As I use acne treatments, I can say that my skin is MUCH less dry than when I used a foaming cleanser combined with my treatment (benzoyl peroxide and salisylic acid). HIGHLY recommend to anyone who suffers from breakouts!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by TraciMaci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed something to replace my previous make up remover (PreCleanse by Dermalogic) that I had to stop using. I read reviews on this and started using it on Monday. So far I am very happy with it.

As others have said, it looks like Crisco or Vaseline, but once it's on your face, it immediately dissolves and begins melting that make up. I work this in and really loosen up my make up and then add a bit of warm water and it get's really milky. I then rinse and all the make up is gone! I follow with a cleanser and toner. This is a make up remover, not a cleanser. So I highly recommend following this product with a cleanser. It is excellent at removing makeup! I recommend this product and will purchase it again if my skin continues to respond well with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

This is a great cleanser, you don't need a second cleanser. In one use it removed three layers of face makeup, blush and a full smoky eye with mascara and eyeliner. I don't wear that much makeup everyday but it removed it all. My skin also did not feel dry and tight after. I think this a very effective cleanser even of you don't wear makeup everyday just to get your skin really clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: dehydrated, oily, sensitive/reactive, very clog prone

I've been into balms lately, so I was excited to try this. The ingredients looked ok, so I thought for sure it would work for me. Unfortunately, this did not work well with my skin. It removes makeup completely and emulsifies with water, so it rinses clean (no residue). However, it dried out my skin and clogged my pores within a few days. I'm somewhat surprised because I use Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm as well as Omorovicza's Thermal Cleansing Balm without a problem (Both of those contain fatty alcohols and other oils, including some essential oils, which can be very problematic for sensitive and clog prone skin.) Hmm. Maybe I'll use it as an eye makeup remover only, so I can use it up. Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

Love it !
The packaging looks pretty and the product feel great.
My Skin Looks supple afterwards and nicely clean.
I use it as my first cleanse in the evening

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I use this stuff every night and i love it! Its much better than cleansing oil as I find the balm easier to blend in and wash off. This is not a replacement for a face wash, so you still need one! I think the price is fitting compared to the other stuff (laura mercier, mac) as the balm lasts much longer since you need very little.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by alexxandria

This really does the job and melts all my make up off. Especially Estée Lauder Double Wear light which usually is tough to take off. Price is reasonable, packaging could get unhygienic if you're putting unwashed hands in the tub. If I can find a spatular I might start using that to pick up product rather than using fingers. Also, doesn't break me out. Overall a happy bunny.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by hanzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product after reading reviews here on MUA. The sales assistant at the clinique counter assured me it would be great for sensitive skin. It removed my makeup well, but left me with sore itchy and dry bumpy skin. I have never had such a bad reaction from any beauty product :(.... I wish this worked for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Allalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product on whim and was really pleasantly surprised, and actually VERY IMPRESSED. Firstly, I have very sensitive, dry skin. Most products that I use are either too harsh, drying, or irritate my skin. I find that this product doesn't clog pores, is not drying and easily removes all makeup.
When I first tried it, I was a bit sceptical of the texture, but once you add water to it and massage it into the skin, it easily washes away any traces of anything!
When applying, the texture feels quite greasy, but it doesn't leave any residue. I have had no breakouts from this product (and I usually do from most products). In fact, my skin has been looking pretty clear since I started using this. I am an avid oil cleanser user, and have been using mac oil cleanser for years, but this is the first product that I will consider substituting my usual cleanser with.
The only issue I have is the packaging. Whilst for travel it is good on one hand, because it won't leak, on the other, the tub is just huge & heavy when packing. I wish they could come up with a tube of this tub for travel or something. A tube would also prevent other people's fingers getting into the product.
Lastly, I have read that a lot of users double-cleanse after using this product, but I am not sure why, as it doesn't leave any residue and cleans skin perfectly. I personally, am not a fan of over-cleansing, so I only use this as a 1-step and don't feel the need to clean my skin afterward with any other product. I just pop on some moisturiser or some oil after I cleanse and I'm good to go.