December 21, 2014 | 1417 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by svillain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not for me. I love the idea of this, and I usually like Clinique products (I've used the Mild clarifying lotion and Super Rescue moisturizer for years). I gave this a fair chance and used it for a full month, but it was a true disaster. It was extremely drying, so my skin was irritated and flaky. If I got the even the tiniest bit on my lips, they peeled and stung for days. And on top of it all I broke out everywhere. Spots all over my face, the likes of which I hadn't seen since my teenage years. I normally get minor hormonal breakouts on my chin, but these were deep, painful red pimples, even on my cheeks where I have never had a spot before. I returned it and have mostly recovered.

This product is obviously a hit with a lot of MUAers and bloggers, and I wish it worked for me. But if your skin is like mine -- sensitive, dry, prone to both flakiness and acne (i.e. low cell turnover) -- use caution!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sammymumford

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first review I have ever written.. but after trying this balm I had to write it a review. Before this I was doing absolutely nothing to my face.. other than using face wipes (naughty I know) to remove my makeup before bed and cleaning my face with soap and water in the mornings. I have clear skin.. hardly ever get spots and have always been a bit afraid that if I start using different products on my face I might start to break out.
Clinique has changed this!! I wanted to try this balm after watching a skincare tutorial by Tanya Burr on YouTube... I tried literally everywhere to get it.... it was sold out worldwide and now I know why. Oh my days.. it is just amazing.
You only need a small amount which you put onto a dry face.. as you rub it in it turns from a solid balm into a milky consistency then you just rinse off with water. I do this once having had a full face of makeup on and all of the makeup has gone! No black mascara circles around the eyes.. nothing!
I've been using this product for a month now and it is something I will buy time and time again. It hasn't caused any breakouts. My skin feels clear and smooth. My face looks brighter and fresher. It comes in a purple tub with a silver lid which I think is really cute. It is fragrance free (I normally like a product with fragrance) and is a little bit pricey.. but I think it is worth every single penny. It is just amazing I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My 89 year old grandma talked me into this and now I am a believer. She is a 40 year user of Clinique cold cream. Her advice is to tissue it off, not rinse it off. This balances my combination skin and leaves it feeling so soft and smooth. It's silky, but no greasy. It removes even waterproof and long wearing makeup with ease. Best followed with Clinique Clarifying Lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always used the typical eye makeup removers but it was getting expensive since I use it up quickly. I bought this balm and it removes my eye makeup perfectly...even super water proof mascara. It also removes all other makeup. I love it. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has completely replaced all other oil cleansers and micellar waters for me in terms of makeup removal. I have oily, hypersensitive skin and this works wonderfully as a precleanse and makeup remover. It does not irritate my skin or eyes at all and I love the fact that it easily rinses off. I follow with my regular cleanser and experience no dryness or breakouts. I don't often use foundation, so when I just need to remove eye makeup I will use this and remove with a wet cotton pad so that my washcloths stay cleaner. I'm not sure that I would ever use it as a stand alone cleanser, however. Big win for me and you get a huge amount for the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sherry628

I have to thank Caroline Hirons for this find. I watch Pixiwoo Youtube videos and they had interviewed her. I had my original routine down - splashing water on my face, use a foaming cleanser geared towards acne removal, use an exfoliater on my face a couple times a week and putting on some moisturizer. Now I cannot remember that last time I did that same exact routine!

I take a very little bit of this balm and massage it all over my face. Then I take my warm face towel and wipe it all off. It removes every trace of makeup, including my waterproof mascara. This cleanser is ever-so-gentle, yet so effective at removing all my makeup. Please don't ever discontinue this, Clinique!!

The cleansing balm doesn't require you to splash water on your face; therefore, no more dry blotchy skin for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Removes all of my double wear, long lasting makeup with ease and then some! Massages into skin easily, not messy, doesn't cause break outs, lasts for ages, good price.

I will only try another cleanser if this is every discontinued. This is for keeps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite products in the world. It's the only product I run out to buy when it runs out. I use a little bit every night to take off my eye makeup and the rub the rest over my face, rinse off and wash my face with my cleanser. It's so great to take off eye makeup. No other makeup remover comes close to this for me! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this and I LOVED this stuff. but, alas, it was too heavy for my super-size pores and it caused a lot of congestion.
This removes makeup completely and absolutely. Just dissolves it all. if my skin were dry, I would never stop using this. If you like Clinique and don't have problem pores, then this should be a staple.
It comes in a plastic tub...Clinique packaging. It is a white, solid vegetable-oil based, cold cream style cleanser. It's a transluecent white and fragrance-free. I like that it's not mineral-oil based.
Upon rubbbing and contact with the skin, it melts into the vegetable oil that it is. Amazing. Left my skin supersoft. Expensive, but worth every penny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love love lovee this product! I honestly don't know how it got any bad reviews.. It takes every ounce of makeup off my face. It doesn't strip my skin of all its natural oils so my skin doesn't feel dry after I dry it off. There isn't one bad thing I can say about this. Yeah it is a tiny bit pricey for a cleanser, but considering you only need a small amount for each wash this stuff lasts for ages! So you're definitely getting your moneys worth on this one! I haven't even finished my first tub, I use it every night and I've had it for over 6 months now i believe.