September 18, 2014 | 1410 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Backdrop Cooling Tint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2003 6:05:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

I ordered #2. I applied this in the morning with my Smashbox Foundation brush. At first I thought that this shade might be too dark for me. But as it settled into my skin I noticed that it was perfect! I applied to my entire face and this worked great on my drier areas too. I didn't feel any kind of cooling sensation though. I let it try for a few minutes and then added a little loose powder to my shiny areas. I felt my skin and it was soo nice! Not greasy or yucky. Just smooth.
I have been wearing this all day now and am really impressed! It lasts very well, I have only had a little shine to take care of and no greasy feel!

Yet another great product from Smashbox! I highly suggestion any looking for a nice TM this summer try this! You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to make the jump to tinted moisturizer for summer and possibly year round. I read about this one and it sounded like a nice one. First off it is SPF 15 - broad spectrum (UVA and UVB), second it has some nice soothing extracts in it and feels cool on your skin once it's applied. It's not at all greasy and is very easy to apply without any streaking. I'm usually a Stila C (fair to medium I suppose) and I got this in shade 4 which looks darker in the tube than it does on. It's pretty sheer so it doesn't cover anything but it does even out skin tone. I purchased this at Nordstrom for $28. It is a good size tube that should last me about 2 months (I hope).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2003 5:54:00 AM More reviews by nakobear

I wasn't really looking for a tinted moisturizer but the Smashbox MA suggested this and tried it on me. I'm a LLL and am shade #2 (Light). I did feel a cooling sensation and this will be great for the summer. I like wearing this on days that I don't want a full look and I think that it will be great at the beach. This retails for $28 USD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2003 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I am really liking this new tinted moisturizer from Smashbox. It gives the sheerest touch of color and doesnt break me out. I dont feel much of a cooling sensation but enjoy this product alot. It is oil free and SPF 15 which is awesome. Very natural looking! Very sheer though so it doesnt cover up alot!
*update* NC30 light olive brunette. and i use the light shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2003 5:53:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great find from Smashbox.

This is the Backdrop cooling tint which is like a tinted moisturizer but with only the faintest wash of color. You get a cooling sensation on your face for a few minutes after you use the product. (So if you don't like those kinds of products, you aren't going to like this one.) It also contains
an SPF 15 so it's a good way to get your sunblock in.

The only thing I don't like is I wish the spout was thin like Clinique's City Block as this forumla is not as thick as Clinique's and could use the smaller spout for less spillage.

Other than that it is a great foundation alternative. Even to the Seamless Studio from Smashbox which I haven't used in ages because I like the ones that come in a tube better than the traditional glass bottles.

I purchased this off QVC.