April 18, 2014 | 1639 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by ombre39

I used to have skin with a lot of acne & scaring.this powder has quite good coverage & you can apply as many layers that you require.After immediate application your face might look very matte like you have lots of makeup but after 10-15mins the powder blends in with your skin & it looks more natural.

now i user a makeup base under my tinted sunscreen from clinique and just use this powder as a blotting powder. its great to use in the day but if i go to a club at night this powder will not stay well on my nose & forehead due to the sweat & heat. i rather use dior forever liquid.

However , I think this powder blocks my massive pores. I try to stay away from oil control powders now also because I have flaky skin and it enhances the flaky skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jazzjess

I have no idea why Chanel wanted to give up their old formula which was HG material. I thought I could easily find another powder which could replace and replicate the old Chanel DPP finishing, but i was wrong....

I was on a painful and expensive hunt for that particular finishing... and LADIES! I FOUND IT AFTER SOOO MANY YEARS! Try Terra Firma Mineral Makeup, the formula I bought is H20 Mineral Foundation. It's almost the same finishing as Chanel DPP! Try it!

I must spread this news as Terra Firma is not as well known, and I'm so freaking scared that they'll stop production as they are not making enough money to sustain the business, and I will be back to painfully hunt again.

Trust me, I tried almost every single brand ... Shiseido, Clarins, Shu uemura, Christian Dior, Guerlain, Clinique, ZA, Kanebo, Kate and the list can go on... and this is now my HG!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried so many powder foundations over the years and this is by far my favorite. I stopped using powders for awhile because I felt that the finish always looked too dry, chalky, matte, or dull. But this feels and looks great.

I have this in Ivory Beige and it's an excellent match for my pale, cool toned skin. I use a brush to apply rather than the sponge that's included because I can get a more sheer coverage. Although I do think that the coverage might be leaning more towards the sheer end of the scale regardless of how I applied it. The texture is unbelievably silky. It never accentuates dry areas, or settles in odd ways. It just looks very even and natural. It is a bit more matte than I usually prefer but everything else is so fantastic I just don't care. My skin is more on the normal side of combination (in terms of oiliness) so i don't need touch ups throughout the day. Also, I've never had a problem with this causing breakouts or any sort of reaction, and I do have very sensitive skin.

I love that I can buy refills instead of replacing the entire compact. I only have to buy this once every six months...it really seems to go a long way. I'll keep repurchasing this although I may try Chanel's Teint Innocence next.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this compact in Soft Beige from AllCosmeticsWholesale.com for $33 USD. I was pretty psyched about the price! Came with the whole compact, boxed, with the cute little black cloth cover for the compact and everything. I think it might have been cheaper because this is the original formula, because from what people are saying, it was more oil controlling and felt dryer than the new formula.

It's definitely extremely oil controlling, I tried it as a powder foundation on my face on a dry day, and it looked really powdery/cakey :-/. Then I looked at some reviews here and tried it over my moisturizer as someone had suggested, and it was completely awesome. I usually use MAC's Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (C4), but I heard this was better at not creating breakouts, which I definitely agree with. I also did not have to touch it up at all to maintain a fairly matte look for the 7 or 8 hours I wore it. The Soft Beige was a good match for me, as well, and covers up redness very effectively.

I would definitely buy it again, in fact I'm considering a back-up before they sell out of this, because I'm sure at around $30 for the genuine article these things will fly. I love having this in my purse, it would be nice to have one to leave on the vanity as well.

******

Edit; Just double checked on the box after looking up info on the new formula. This IS the new one, so I'm shocked that some people feel it isn't dry/oil controlling enough! It's super dry to me, but everyone's skin is different I guess *shrug*.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

Goes on flawlessly.
Light coverage
Looks natural.
Matte finish.
Not drying for my combination skin.
Control oil and shine on my t-zones.
SPF 10
For everyday use but not for those who needs more coverage.
Expensive but a little goes a long way. I have mine for over a year and it's not even half-way done.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by georgia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best. The cheap alpha hydrox lotion, with this compact applied with a wet sponge on top, and touchups dry later in the day, is what saved my face. It is BEAUTIFUL and easy to use. Try it if you have trouble finding a foundation that doesn't break you out. Almost everything gives me nightmare acne, this does not. Plus, the compact is awesome.

It took me two tries to get the right color. Don't be afraid to go back and exchange, and if you look chalky applying it dry, mist your face with water and pat with the sponge. It's instant foundation, so don't be surprised it needs water to set. It will be set all day, so it's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have awful skin. It's combination oily with dry patches, acne-prone, the tone is all uneven...it's not pretty. You would never guess that I have such horrible skin when I am wearing this foundation. I've been using it for about 9 years now since I was a teenager and I first started breaking out and it really saved me from being self-conscious about my acne. Now at age 24 I still get fairly decent breakouts, mostly around "that time of the month," with the worst part being I get red marks that last for a week or two where any blemish has been. This foundation hides the actual blemish pretty well and covers the resulting red marks completely with just an extra dab on each mark. The rest of my face only needs a very thin layer to even out the tone. The ONLY bad thing is that at the end of my 12 hour shift my face looks pretty oily, but I do have very oily skin and hell, after 12 hours I'm surprised it still looks as good as it does! The red marks stay covered, so that's pretty great. I'm sure if I used something underneath the makeup to absorb the oil it would eliminate that problem...but it's really not bad enough for it to be that important. I've tried switching to other, less expensive foundations, but I always find myself going back to Chanel Double Perfection because nothing else gives me such flawless results. The actual compact is $50 with the refill at $40. It may seem expensive but since only a small amount is needed for perfect coverage, it lasts for a really long time. I generally use it 4-6 days a week and it lasts for months, so it's definitely worth the price.

SIDE NOTE: I buy this online now, but when I used to buy it in the store the girls would try to talk me into buying a slightly lighter shade than my actual skin color because it supposedly darkens as it sets. Well, it doesn't. I have fair to medium skin which tends to be significantly lighter in the winter when I lose my tan and a full shade darker in the summer when I'm hitting the beach. I wear a 3 during the winter and a 4 during the summer. One time they talked me into getting a 2 during the SUMMER and holy crap I looked like a Geisha Girl. I took it back the next day and got a 4.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the second lightest shade, which is a fairly good match. It goes on a little powdery, and reminds me of MUFE. It does settle in and look flawless within about 10 minutes. The problem with this new formula is that within an hour, it has oxidized a little and no oil control.
I expect that from clinique powders, but not $50 chanel powders.

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA of chanel. i guess i will stay with shiseido and yves for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by tiffboon

Don't let the CC logo fool you! This powder is horrible. I felt twenty years older with this on. The coverage is kind of sheer and the color selection is so far off. I hit pan within a month and it did nothing for my skin. It didn't absorb oil, it was just like smearing color onto my face. I have to be honest though, I originally purchased this so I could bust out my Chanel compact whenever I had to. Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I puchased this product because of the good reviews on MA. After an hour of wearing I was already oily and by the end of the day my face was more greasy than ever before. I had high expectations due to the price and it being a chanel product. I was matched up for color and after about 2 hours I looked orange. Totally disappointed!!!