Sugar

Sugar

on 10/31/2010 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It is so true what other reviewers have said before. I'd like to offer an alternative of your brown sugar concoction. I mix mine with rice bran oil, pink clay and finely grounded coffee for morning exfoliation. I leave it on for a few minutes as mask as well. Rice bran oil is lighter than olive oil and pink clay helps with cleansing and balancing. Grounded coffee to wake up the skin in the morning.

With the oil mixer, I've heard that hazelnut oil is good for acne-prone skin. I'll try this and will update this review soon.

on 10/28/2010 9:46:00 AM

Great product with great price. I love it when i scrub my face with my regular cleanser and a fair bit of sugar! Goodbye Skin Food black sugar mask. Now I am making my own black sugar face scrub. And I love it even more when I use the excess to scrub my hands and gently rub every finger. When I rinse everything off, my hands feel soooooo smooth!

I love black sugar! :)

on 10/1/2010 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

What can I say that all the other glowing reviews haven't? Sugar is an excellent exfoliator, with added benefits such as being natural and tasting great! I add sugar to sesame oil and use it as a face polish...it gets rid of all the dead skin cells and makes my skin glow. Works just as well as the stuff you buy in stores but for a fraction of the price.

on 10/1/2010 11:58:00 AM

I love mixing sugar (regular) with honey and using it my hands! After rinsing, my hands feel amazingly soft and moist! My BFF tried it and vowed NEVER to purchase anymore HE scrubs again.

on 10/1/2010 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried this last night, ladies!

Plain old white table sugar mixed with some olive oil. Scrub scrub scrub then rinse in the shower with a little mild cleanser.

My skin feels so soft and glowy today!!! Loooove it. Can't beat the price!

on 10/1/2010 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Wow! I'm never buying an exfoliator again. I mixed a little brown sugar, white sugar, jojoba oil, olive oil and some cleanser and it worked magically. Nobody has an excuse not to try this.

on 10/1/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HIGHLY RECOMMEND !
you'll never know until you actually try it.

i think ORGANIC BROWN SUGAR BEATS every scrub products out there ( i have tried sooo many products from department store, and those are always too strong , harsh to my skin. containing lots of CHEMICAL)

Instruction: wet your face with little water -> carefully rub all over your face with it. -> wash face with water.

the result is soooo good. it refines the texture of my face and make it clean.

After reading all of the comments here, I decided to try this immediately. After a scrubbing of sugar, I can honestly say my face has never felt so clean! I always use toner and face wash, but this sugar as an exfoliator has taken my skin to a whole new level as far as how clean it feels. I just used my hands, warm water, and a towel to dry. My skin feels extremely soft too!

As for the aftermath of whether my skin may react to it in the morning, well, I will definitely update my ratings. I am hoping this will help with my breakouts.

on 9/22/2010 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sugar is used in many scrubs and body products and provides a mildly abrasive mechanical exfoliant. It's really inexpensive and works well with essential oils and carrier oils.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Whenever I run out of TBS scrubs, I immediately run to the kitchen xD It's cheap, there's always sugar in any home, and it works wonders. Also, sugar is the only exfoliant I dare use on my face, since it is soft and there are no nasty chemicals involved.

And as a side-note, brown sugar works even better than white sugar ;p