October 20, 2014 | 1836 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sidora9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favourite HG foundation but i have given up on it. first, it can't be bought in croatia, europe and second is the price! it's soooooooo expensive. it cost even more then in usa, because every time i order it i have to pay for P&p and custom as well.
    i use it with a wet sponge, but i do need to re-aplly it during the day. it is my favourite day foundation, because is natural and works well with my skin - my shade is no. 3.
    so little in it, only 7 grams if i am not mistaken, and i don't understand the policy of laura mercier not to expand in europe in general, you dont have laura mercier products in austria, germany, slovenia, croatia, serbia, romania, slovakia, bulgaria etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by abercrombieqt55

I love love love this powder. My skin is not generally suited for powder.. at all. I have combination skin that can be oily-- though never enough to have oil slicks or anything-- but my skin can get very dry. Powder on dry skin looks terrible. This powder, though, is amazing. Got a sample in my free kit w/ the deal they had going on at Nordstroms, and I may just keep buying this product for the rest of my life. The color is perfect, it's so smooth going on, and doesn't give me the "woah, she is definitely wearing powder/too much makeup" look. I apply it after moisturizing & putting on foundation using my philosophy 'supernatural airbrush' (foundation brush.) Great for under eyes too, unlike most powders, which make you look dry and old.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by kims3142

I am oily & acne prone and about NC30-35 and wear #4.

I really don't like the price or the packaging. The compact is huge, but the amount of powder you get is very small. The best thing was that it comes with a velour puff & a sponge which I always like because you get different finishes depending on what you used to apply with it.

For $40, I really expect more. And why isn't this compact refillable? There is no excuse for that, companies should make this available, imagine all the plastic that gets thrown out!

It covers well, but the powder doesn't really settle well. The powder is really well pressed though and doesn't fly everywhere like some other powder foundations do.

When I start to get oily, you can SEE THE OIL SPOTS COMING THROUGH!!!!

It's like the powder makes way for the sebum and not absorb it like it is suppose to. I only use this for touching up, not to absorb my oil, but it is a powder and it should do a little better job than this.

Color selection is not great either, for a company that builds itself on THE FLAWLESS FACE, they really should be more open to the different shades of the human face-6 shades is not enough for anything! #4 for good enough for a yellowish shade, but a bit too dark and #3 was way too light & pink.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

Although this powder compact is expensive at $40, it goes on smoothly and results in a matte finish. It feels light on the skin and gives medium coverage. My friend commented on how well it matches my skin and it looked like I wasn't wearing make up. However, my T-zone looks somewhat cakey because of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by dumbdookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the recommendation of a sales person at a Sephora store. I love this foundation! It offers great coverage (though, as someone stated below, too much will make it very obvious that you have powder on your face). It sits well on my face and lasts through most of the day, so it doesn't require frequent touch-ups. However, I think the product is a bit pricey ($40, without tax) and hence, I only use this foundation on special outings.

I also use Sephora's brand of pressed powder foundation. And in comparison, the Laura Mercier foundation offers MUCH better coverage, though it is twice the price!

So yeah, overall, I think this foundation is great. Covers well, sits well, and lasts a long time! The only bad things are that too much will make your face look too powdery and the price! Despite the negative things about this, I will definitely repurchase this product once I run out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I have the foundation powder in No. 2, which is a perfect match for my skin tone. [LM tinted moisturizer in Nude, Armani LSF in 5, Bobbi Brown Sand for reference.] This is just an ok product for me--although the finish is smooth and matte and the colour selection excellent, I prefer a more natural finish with less obvious coverage. I can't really find fault with the product itself - it's just not ideal for me, and certainly not for the purpose it was recommended by the MA. [As a finishing powder, not a foundation.] I've used this over a light tinted moisturizer, or alone in my t-zone and still find the finish to be too thick and powdery for my preference. [To date, the best touch-up powder I've tried is MAC blot, which can be reapplied with no build-up whatsoever.] LM's packaging is a bit bulky--but considering the mirrored compact holds both a layer of powder and a separate compartment underneath to store the puff in a vented, sanitary way, I don't mind this at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

This stuff saved my hide! I received a small compact in a GWP at Saks when buying Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation for my wedding and packed it in my makeup bag as an afterthought. On the day of though, I started to shine through my foundation, so I used it dry to pat my face down. It controlled shine for the next six hours, no problem!

The compact I got was the 02 shade, which matched me almost perfectly (Warm Ivory in the Oil Free Foundation, Medium Ivory in the Silk Creme, Sand in the Tinted Moisturizer). And at a generous 4.6 gram sample size, I may never need to buy the full size, but it would be well worth it.

The full size is a 7.4 gram compact for $40 at Saks.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by JCYChang

i am using this right now... bought this on the advice of the LM sales rep after attending one of their makeup events. i think this is best suited for summer, since it really *mattifies* my face. u also have to be careful when applying this (i used the enclosed sponge), as too much will give your face a powdery look. overall coverage is good, however personally i would prefer a more natural look in terms of coverage. this was just too powdery for me. i don't think i will purchase this (or other powder foundation) again - i still prefer liquid or creme foundations better

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Johnamua

I've been using this product for over 2 years now & on my 2nd purchase. It is time for a review. I am Asian with warm golden undertones, moderately oily & acne-prone skin. #3 matches perfectly. This has not caused breakouts. Any breakouts are due to my cycle, stress, or lack of sleep. This lasts fairly long for a fdtn pressed powder. Need to touch up by 5-6 hours, which is no big deal for me. *This is my favorite casual/everyday foundation and will repurchase*. Would not wear for special occasions though when I need more full coverage & staying power.
    How I apply:
    1) Moisturize first w/ thin layer of benzoyl peroxide lotion and allow to set for 10-15min.
    2) Apply LM oil-free TM as my base or primer (you can see my review of this great multi-functioning product too). This allows the powder foundation to go on smoother, more polished, and last a little longer.
    3) Apply this powder foundation with a brush only to my forehead and nose (shiny areas)
    ...That's it. The coverage is medium with an airbrushed and natural look. I don't even need concealer for my minor blemishes. I usually need to touch up by 5-6 hours...which is not bad considering I've had to touch up sooner w/ other products I've tried. I just use a blot paper and then w/ a big cotton pad that I can fit in the compact -I pat the cotton on the foundation and touch up my nose and forehead. I use a different area of the pad every day and then throw out and use a new one after 3-4 days. -Good to prevent bacteria transfer and acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

Pretty good foundation powder. It has good coverage, just right. The No. 2 matches perfect with my Asian skin. The compact itself is really beautiful, and stands out from other compacts. I don't use the sponge it came with, I use my own brush which works a lot better. I like this foundation, it keeps me matte and happy :)